Reviews for Epilogue for an Engineer
jada951 chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
good for you mike! I enjoyed your story.

I actually find arson investigation pretty fascinating. Truth be told, I guess I am a fire groupie. There is a fine line w/ the adrenaline and fear and fascination w/ the beast. Truly a powerful, formitable (sp?) foe.

When I worked for the local paper I really enjoyed the opportunity to highlight local fire and rescue volunteers (& cops) for the good work they were doing. I am a firm believer in positive reinforcement and telling people thanks. Like w/ reviews, a little can go a long way.

mk
Jelsemium chapter 1 . 7/6/2011
Great little story! I like the idea of Mike becoming a fire marshal. I'd love to see this fleshed out, maybe even into a whole series. (Hint hint)

Have you read "Fire Cops" by Messrs. Sasser and Sasser? It might help inspire you. ;-)

Sneaky, the way you not only got around mentioning the True Love's name, but also the gender! :-D

PS - I suppose you know the character was underdeveloped because Mike Stoker wasn't an actor, but an engineer with an SAG card?
Documents Deleted chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
You paint a great picture here. It's easy reading this to see Mike sitting on the witness stand, calmly leading a jury through evrything they need to know to convict an arsonist. Nice job. C:
pam1 chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
Great story, I enjoyed your characterization of Mike
Neemps chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Nice to know that there are some positions in the FD for injured firemen so that they don't have to retire.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Excellent.:)
Bamboozlepig chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
This fits the quote perfectly. Good job on this, Kel.
Dianne chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
It's always a 'yay' moment when I see a story from you. I like the Mike stories. I haven't bought the 'seventh season' of E! movies yet. Don't know if I will. There's just not enough of 51's in them, so this story was really nice to see Mike again. I loved the title of this story too! It was believable and well done.
The Delirium Threemen chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Glad Mike is still involved with fire prevention, when one door closes another opens. Great job on this story.

TDT
clride chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Great read. Your story fit the quote perfectly. Glad to see Mike found the "love of his life," and is happy and content.
viola555 chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
such a good read. Thank you for writing this response to the challenge.
alittlefan chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
I really liked that. Short and sweet, really sweet. Thanks!
jerseybelle chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Excellent take on the quote.
Ginger S chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Thank you Kelmin for the fabulous challenge response!

I love how Mike took a dark time in his life following the life altering accident and found a way to see a brighter future than he'd ever imagined both in the department and in his personal life. Fit the quote PERFECTLY!