Reviews for Justice
Krabkrab chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
I personally prefer Midori with Youko but this is realistic to say the least... Depressing to say the most... Well, I'm going to go find a humor story now...
LittleDemonInside chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
"Angst"... I'm almost afraid to start reading. (

Poor Midori. She killed her MIP to rid the endless cycle. If she hadn't sacrificed Gaku, Mikoto would have gotten to Miyu- I remember I actually cried at that scene. Midori was one of the Hime that didn't tip over into insanity, always trying to keep the group together, but failing in the end. By wanting a happy ending, she gave up her own. ( She will always be my favorite character, for these reasons and much more.

I just wanna give her a hug after this story and tell her it's alright. That the professor will come back in the end. (

"... just as she remembered dragging himself back to her apartment ..." 'herself'?
E.M.PRAETORIAN chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
I enjoyed reading this,even more so when I realized you worked it into the canon universe. Midori may love to drink, and may be eccentric, but above all she was intelligent and tried her hardest to stop the cycle. In this quiet moment of reflection with her, I think you showed Midori's truest nature. Thanks to you and your muse for sharing.

elder master
PerditaX chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Midori's sobering is depressing and heartening all the same.

An interesting scene that adds to the anime very nicely.
ethicsforsale chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
There is not nearly enough serious stories about Midori out there, but gems like these make up for it.

I have to admit, when I read the first few sentences and I saw that it was about Midori, my prejudices took over and I thought, "wow, it must have been one hell of a party." But as I continued reading, that expectation of silliness and amusement turned into a genuine sense of sympathetic heartbreak. I don't think a lot of people realize just how amazing Midori is. Despite the antics, she's one of the few HiME who did not fall to darkness. And that must have taken a lot of courage and faith.

Glad to finally see a portrayal of her that's different from the happy go lucky persona we've come to take for granted.
Icemera chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
An interesting piece, Dezo-kun :) I like how you chose to display her despair, or even doubt. It gives a nice dimension to her character, the conflict between her faith and doubt. Well done! Thanks for sharing.
MadHattess chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
As I realized what this fic was, I stopped for a moment to be amazed at the fact that I don't remember anyone really taking an in depth look at Midori after her defeat. People seem to always assume that since she's not been put down by anything else that this doesn't either- and some have used that notion to justify ignoring her canon pairing.

Anyway, enough digressing and back to your fic. It's very well done, with enough solemnity and also enough quirkiness (Drunken dialogue...) to really feel like Midori- who is a hero, because she decides to keep watching to the end even when she has to come to terms with the fact that she has played her last card.
guinisee chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
interesting look into midori's psychology. the way she derives determination rather than despair from the rather bleak perspective of herself...fun to read, as always. though, selfishly, I have to admit I was hoping for an EDMN empty house update
Crosswood chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Now this was a bit of a surprise! A quite different beast from your usual action and adventure, but bloody excellent regardless. Midori alone with a hangover and her thoughts - it’s a rather lovely thing.

The grief for the Professor was what got me first - because we don’t see him in anything but photographs, it’s easy to forget that he is Midori’s most precious person – and how she might agonise over her reckless heroism in booting Myiu. Actions, consequences, and reactions to consequences.

Her thoughts, as she lingers over how they were all used, were the second thing that really struck – those scattered sections rather neatly recall both the fairy-tale themes of the Anime and how awesomely they were subverted. It gave this gravitas.

Thank you for posting this up, and sincere regards
shanejayell chapter 1 . 4/26/2011
Nice! _ I always liked MIdori, and it's neat to get some insight on her.