Reviews for Does Not All Go to One Place?
Chrissy chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
This is quite interesting, and good. I fear you may be correct about the portrayal of the main character here. She is indeed a puzzle to write. Most of us are gentle, so it is difficult for us to write from a truly ungentle perspective. There is too much gentleness here, too much warmth. I wish I could pin it down for you, but it is only a sense I have. There is none of her sting in this, just a shadow, just an echo. I think that would never leave her. Even should she regret half her life, she is who she is, and would have that dark sharpness to her always, even in her own anguish.
Mimikaze chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
Hello!

I'd say you have a knack for depicting with great care the universe created by Jacqueline Carey and feelings. It's quite acurate both in the writing and in the details you give us.

I can picture with ease and almost feel Melisande's melancholy. Of course, it's quite surprising to see her in this kind of situation, as we've been accustomed to a woman always scheming and trying to win the game of thrones. But it's perhaps "normal" to witness her depression. Before Mercy, she's started taking into consideration her lack of conscience, slowly realizing this fact. So it must be the right conclusion to make the trip to Kriti in order to undergo the Thetalos. In any case, it "rings" true to me.

As for the writing, it's a pure pleasure to read you. Indeed, it's elegant, rich. It touches something inside you, like you're able to make us feel what Melisande is going through. Great job!

All in all, you did very well with your text!

Bye!

PS : I'm sorry if my English is bad, but it's not my mother tongue ;)
LivingInAnotherUniverse chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
for all the fact you say you barely remember this part in the series, it is surprisingly accurate. I am reading Kushiel's Mercy right now, and this is quite accurate.

An interesting plot line. I hope to hear more!

~StarFire0555
Phalanxx chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
I like it so far, hope to see more of this.