Reviews for The Pureblood Princess
jochagu chapter 19 . 4/23
Best epilogue I've read on this site. The way you unfolded it was brilliant. It is a fitting conclusion for a very different take on HP. The way you flipped Daphne to main character was odd at first, but the way you developed it was simply brilliant. Thank you for such a wonderful piece of work.
Apollo
1) Don't triple post the same review.
2) It's pretty clear reading between the lines that Daphne was probably only mostly dead (there's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead :p) and that her mother brought her back. Regarding her mothers death - "She’d been healthy but there wasn’t really a coherent cause of death. It was like her heart just stopped beating for no real reason". Harry doesn't say he was cast out - he left. He was all sorts of numb and messed up inside with Daphne being mostly dead and allowed people to use him as a weapon and afterwards there wasn't enough there to counterbalance the painful memories to keep him in the wizarding world.
Apollo chapter 19 . 4/2
I really really liked the story, hmm, the epilouge, correct me if I am wrong but it seems that Daphne died when she healed Harry, via that necromancy spell her mom was developing. Then harry brought her back using the same spell, reason he says he was out cast from wizarding world. They probably told him it didint work and she is still dead and he left it at that and was banished. Daphne was obliviated or came back from the dead with no memories. Hmm, other readers, what do you think?Type your review here.
Artemisses chapter 19 . 4/2
I really liked the story, hmm, the epilouge, correct me if I am wrong but it seems that Daphne died when she healed Harry, via that necromancy spell her mom was developing. Then harry brought her back using the same spell, reason he says he was out cast from wizarding world. They probably told him it didint work and she is still dead and he left it at that and was banished. Daphne was obliviated or came back from the dead with no memories. Hmm, other readers, what do you think?Type your review here.
Artemis chapter 19 . 4/2
Runecutter chapter 19 . 4/2
Whow, i mean, just whow. This epilogue was a complete and utter surprise and it just hits the core of the story predating it right on the spot where its strengths lay and where it really mattered.
And i already really dug the story itself, but this ending? Gorgeous, great, extraordinary, there are almost no words to describe it adequately...

Originally i liked how the almost diary like style of the story gave Daphne the chance to sound so right on like a fifteen, sixteen year old teenage girl and feel absolutely natural and content with that fact. it also served as a brilliant whetting stone for an unusual and unique view of the personality and status of "the boy-who-lived" from a very far out pov like that of a staunch and proud member of a Slytherin that doesn#t feel itself compelled to define itself by loyalty to any Dark Lord or policy but first and foremost as a house with very diverse and utterly ambitious members. I giuess that was what first really awoke my curiosity after the first maybe three chapters.

You've gone and took this teenage girl mentality all through the story, almost up to the epilogue. And despite some moments where it felt that the magical aspects of Hogwarts fell far too short in the classes and around, especially the very profound focus on "doing the proscribed reading for class" but never truly practise their spells or do any real work outside the scope of books like compare classes of magic to each other or describe how this years learning is related to the basics learned earlier.
And I was especially disappointed about well halfways through after Harry showed her the Warming spell and how to make it work without the former problems that it did not go over into him teaching her more in charms (and defense) but i guess at that point you had already decided on Daphne losing her magic and so did not count any learning at Hogwarts as too important anymore. Still it would have been nice as a distnct reminder that we're reading a story at Hogwarts and not just Scotland Hills 90210.
In a similar vein the longer their more-or-less relationship lasted and especially after they started having intercourse they would very likely have opened up more to deeper discussion than before... it got a bit unbelievable that Harry would keep so much secret from Daphne besides stuff the headmaster would need to approve of him telling her. Her still thinking the rumours about the first four books were ridiculous and not knowing about Sirius or Cedric is a bit a stretch of imagination for what feels like two teenagers slowly falling in love with each other.
But that is more like complaining that you'd have loved pink icing on the delicious cake and got delivered white or blue one... Even a slightly amagical Daphne with little or no clue about the real Harry Potter is growing into a wonderful character and goes through a realistic and thrilling to read process of accepting his advances.
And of course then the Hogwarts bit is over and this epilogue follows with a blank slate and her experiencing everything from a new and different attitude... great to see the small differences (cold no longer something she hates) and with the first mention of their daughter the suspence increased even more... would the kid be magical? With two such parents probably no guess at all, but how would Daphne react to having lived that life and lost it? Right then you switch the focus to Harry and his breakdown as he relives how he thought he'd lost her and she'd died and his world was empty and bland... and by chance, by a freak accident he got a second chance... and everything turned out perfect. Like i said before... whow, just whow!
This story sucks in every aspect.
thepkrmgc chapter 11 . 3/13
its good to see that our heros have forgiven each other!
thepkrmgc chapter 10 . 3/13
it seems like daphne cared more then she thought, harrys dangerously close to learning the true fury of a woman scorned
thepkrmgc chapter 9 . 3/13
harry's going to come up with one heck of an apology if he knows whats good for him, and i suspect that both of the heros are going to catch some flack from their freinds
thepkrmgc chapter 8 . 3/13
you certainly spend a lot more time on everyday life for the heros then most
thepkrmgc chapter 7 . 3/13
its good to see that harry and daphne have become freinds, and interesting to see a story told from a perspective not focused on the title character
thepkrmgc chapter 6 . 3/13
its good to see a fic that takes things slowly instead of throwing the leads at each other
thepkrmgc chapter 5 . 3/13
hopefully nott will take a hint or get his ass kicked by potter: both are good
thepkrmgc chapter 4 . 3/13
our heros are actually interacting, i wonder how things will progress
1,267 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »