Reviews for The Pureblood Princess
Deathcrow chapter 16 . 9/30
I'm really frustrated with this story. It's quite well written, especially in terms of characterization for Daphne, but the romance is not very satisfying and ... banal. I mean, honestly Daphne (and also Harry) must be really shallow, they both really don't know anything about each other after months and have their first _real_ conversation just after having sex.

At the beginning Daphne seems to realize the gravitas of being in a war, but as soon as school starts the matter seems to be dropped completely - even though she starts casually dating a war veteran (fighting Death Eaters, dueling the Dark Lord, that kind of stuff) who just lost his godfather, yet she seems completely oblivious to it all. I mean... really?!

I have some sympathies for not painting all of Slytherin house as evil villains, but the author seems to make some kind of effort to have them never talk them about anything political/ideological. No matter what, some of them (and their parents) are involved in a Terrorist organization and considering the climate there should be a lot more bigotry going around - a little too white-washed for my taste.
jayakiran chapter 19 . 9/22
SPOILER ALERT:

Hmm.

Daphne somehow uses necromancy to give her magic to save Harry's life. She loses her magic in the process (is she a squib now?). Also loses her memory of all magic and associated peole from her life in magic. Metaphorically dies and leaves ghe magical world - and her parents stage her death in the real world - possibly to protect her from the trauma.

Harry lives, and absorbs some or all of Daphne's magic (and possibly her memories of the magical world).

As I mentioned before - what an amazing story. Hope if we get some glimpses of the future or even a better longer version of ch 20.
jayakiran chapter 20 . 9/22
One of the best things I've ever read. Holds up very well after a few reads too. I first hated the cliffhanger of ch 19. But then I grew to love it - I could fantasize about the characters' future (I'm pretty emotionally attached to them now). Of course would love to know what exactly happened. But the Harry's reveal about the intermediate period in ch 20 was a bit underwhelming- I understand that it wasn't your intention to write it in the first place.

Anyway, there is a magic in this story - I think it is the realistic portrayal of the characters. Thanks for writing.
XxDragon King DragneelxX chapter 20 . 9/21
I love this story! But it was a bit annoying that you never gave Daph her memorise back or told us what happened after harry gave her the journal of her mum which probably told her of her old life. But in all I really liked the story
TheDarkMan19 chapter 8 . 9/9
I'm enjoying your story thus far which is somewhat paradoxical given how much I despise Daphnes personality. So points to you for that skilled maneuver.
Gin okami99 chapter 20 . 9/6
Really love the story. Is there gonna be one more chapter or does Daphne not get her memory back?
Tigerman chapter 20 . 8/29
I read this in about three days. Thank God for vacation.

I should really thank the guy who mentioned you fic as one worth the time reading.

I was sceptical at first. I mean I'm a writer myself and usually re-read JBern and a few other and your writing style wasn't impressing me much...

But then I couldn't let go. I had to know what happened next! That is the real sign of a good story. It was the first time I saw Daphne pictured like that and I liked it. The changes were minors but at the same time, did all the difference in your story.

I just hope the first muggle to step on mars won't find a silver container and bring it back on Earth. Or be possessed by Voldemort's wraith form.

Even after the second Epilogue, or delayed first part (however you want to name your last chapter) I wonder about the couple! How will she react? Will their daughter show any magical abilities (and I guess yes from Harry's reaction to her 11th birthday...) Is there any way for her to regain her magic?

When you don't want a story to end, even though you know you've reach "La Fin", the only thing left to you is to virtually get up and start clapping.

Nice work there. And thanks.

Tigerman
Sammyboy94 chapter 1 . 8/20
One thing that has never been completely clear either in canon or the hundreds of fanfics ive read is what muggle studies is. Is it a class to learn about muggles or is it a class to learn what muggles learn?
Kinjo2k01 chapter 20 . 8/20
This is one of the best stories I have read... It forces me to engage emotionally and not just read the story.. I almost never review, but to not review this story would have been a crime... Loved it...! Just a small thing though, what do you envisage happened to Daphne..? Why the memory loss..?
RonRR chapter 20 . 8/20
A very good if strange story.

I am glad you lost that bet and wrote the second epilog from Harry's viewpoint; it really helped to round out the missing pieces of the frist epilog.

Ron
awesomeness-rocks chapter 19 . 8/15
I hate u. Well not really the story was excellent prop for that. But the ending hated it.
Dalton Mars chapter 7 . 8/13
This was an amazing chapter!
MonkeyBiznez chapter 4 . 8/4
I thought you said muggle studies assigns no summer homework, just puts out the next years syllabus.
Dblej chapter 20 . 7/31
Holy crap, first off let me say I just started reading this story two days ago. And both the style and the POV had me extremely wary, but I pushed through the first few chapters and I couldn't stop. Just when I was getting annoyed at the lack of romantic interaction it started. It was realistic, it was riveting and by the end of the story I both hated and loved you for writing this. I would adore a sequel, but the ending was glorious as is. I'm left with a coupe burning question however, did Daphne lose her magic? Will she try it again? how does she react to her new reality? How about Astoria and Theodore and her father? Why did she lose her memories and why was he death faked?
fullhans1 chapter 1 . 7/16