Reviews for man is his clothing
mandancie chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
oh wow! this was really good. I don't know how I missed this one. I love it!
ccase13 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Robo Sam did have all the memories and seemed at times to feel like he was a valid Sam and somehow I felt for the damaged Sam a little.
TraSan chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Well captured emotions here, Clair.

Beautifully done.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Loved how you used Sam's hoodie as a symbol of Sammy and it showed perfectly Dean's state of mind as he waited for Sam to wake up, desperate for RoboSam to be Sammy again. A really effective piece of writing.
Kimmerkayy chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
Interesting. Obviously, Cadaver-of-Sam was not Sammy, but it's also true that he never actively hurt Dean, and he did save him a few times, so does that indicate that somewhere in the cadaver there was a trace of Sammy? A presence that would generally manage to protect Dean in most instances, even if it were not able to be in control of anything else? Would that be the presence that motivated the hoodie, to have that connection? Who knows. Of course there could be another explanation.

Yay for season seven. It's the very least they owe us after what they did to us with the gawdawful first half of season six, which they inflicted on us after the horror of the season five finale. Unbelievable. Really, I'm not one to complain most of the time, but they really do owe the fans more than that.

Anyway, nice portrayal of Dean's possible actions and thoughts while Sam was unconscious :)
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
This was a good close up into Dean's state of mind during the time that Sammy lay unconscious in the panic room after being re-souled.

I would have bet that Dean's conscious would have started to bother him especially after that really vicious beat down he gave RoboSam. I would guess that Dean's protective big brother alarms would be going off while he waited and niggling away at his tendency to doubt himself, especially with regards to doing enough for Sam. Because doing everything that was humanly possible and if that was not enough going beyond that is what defines Dean as a person.

This was a bold emotionally packed move on Deans part to want to burn the evidence that might blur the lines for how he perceives Sam. He would want to shore up that self made wall inside his own head against any doubt that he treated Sammy with anything less that concern and caregiving. Even if it meant destroying clothing that was so similar to the memorable hoodie his Sammy always wore.

Very well thought out from Deans POV.
donilou2 chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
Interesting and thought provoking idea for bringing it up.
doyleshuny chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
That was something to think about huh? I liked that! Great Job!
Sotobow chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
I really liked this. You know, I was horrified that Dean beat Sam unconscious even before we knew he didn't have a soul. And RoboSam had barely done anything at all to deserve it - just basically freaked Dean out badly.

I like that you bring up that there might have been some Sam left in RoboSam. I totally agree. As a classic example, when they were trapped by Crowley, RoboSam didn't HAVE to go save Dean, and that panic in his voice as he sprinted to save him was basically useless because there was no audience to perform for... Unless he actually cared in a way. Which I think he did.

And you notice how he didn't side with the Campbells against Dean ever. Pragmatically, as far as numbers and resources, they were the way to go. Yet he picked Dean. Even when Dean threatened to shove his soul back in. He never hurt or threatened Dean, either, which would have gone a long way sometimes (and it's what he did with everyone else, even Bobby).

Sorry for the long review - you just made me think, which is a good thing to do! Love the story! If you decide to continue it at all, I'll read it. :D
Scribble2Much chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Good job. I didn't see where this one was going at all.

This practically begs for a follow up chapter. I want to know the answer to the question even if Dean doesn't.
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
That was a good, well-written coda! The hoodie was such a wonderful symbol to use. At first I thought the story might have been about the amulet. This was a nice, refreshing twist. - and
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
This was an interesting idea.

I love the beginning as Dean tried to find projects to keep himself busy when he wasn't talking to his brother as he waited for Sam to wake up.

I don't believe RoboSam was ever Sammy, just as I don't believe RoboSam would have ever come for Dean after being apart for a year. Sam only showed up because there was monster involved and he wanted to capture it for Samuel. Sorry, I think I must have some lingering issues still from the first episode or the first 11.

I love the second half of this season and can only hope that someone in charge of the show now realizes that we like the brothers together.

Sorry for getting off track there. Now back to your story. I loved this memory from Dean as he thought about his little brother and the brown hoodie. 'So much so in fact, that whenever he did wear the hoodie, Dean made sure to go easy on him, eat at places he knew Sam liked to eat at, choose motels near bookstores Sam liked to get lost in, find the perfect place to pull off the car after dark and just sit together on the hood and watch the stars, sometimes for hours.' Awesome!

Not sure if Dean is convinced by the end of the story, but I believe that 'RoboSam was not Sammy. He wasn't.'

I always enjoy your stories. You do a wonderful job with the emotional factor, plus make us think.

Thanks for sharing another story with us.

Also on a side note, I heard about the convention, it sounds like fun and I would love to go if I find the money in my budget. I will be in Vancouver and Chicago again this year, plus the family vacation to the coast, so not sure how.

Anyway, thanks again for the story and take care.
Twinchy chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Oh, Dean is such a stubborn mule!

Maybe, if he keeps repeating the Mantra of "RoboSam isn't Sammy!" often enough, he'll believe it himself, eventually. :-p And burning the hoodie didn't convince him any more, either.

I know it's hard for Dean to see, particularly since he took some quite drastic meassures dealing with SoullessSam - even though he didn't mean to hurt his little brother - , but of course RoboSam was parts Sam/Sammy. The strict differenciation between those versions of his brother came only from Dean because he needed to tell Sammy apart from the soulless, efficient hunter he was journeying with at the time.

Still, I am beyond happy to see how genuinely heartfelt and lovely he cared for Sam once he had his soul restored again.
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
That was absolutely awesome! I really loved Dean's reflections on his brother and Sammy's possible connection to RoboSam. Dean desperately trying to reason with himself that his Sammy could in no shape or form have been a part of RoboSam bleeding through made perfect sense, though he would be forever denied a definite answer to that nagging feeling. The hoodie could have been a coincidence but it also could have meant something to RoboSam, even if it wasn't at all connected to the emotional side of his Sammy, at least not in the way Dean feared.

I am in awe at your observative powers by associating feelings and moods to clothes and the occasions the boys are wearing them for.

Brilliant piece! I so wanted to hug the stuffing out of bigbrotherDean.

And woohoo for a seventh season! (Still, I have to admit that I was quite fond of this season's first half as well.)
Brielle-W chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
Wow.. I didnt expect this.. So touching... I like everything you write.. You are amazing...

I'd love to go to the convention, shame I live too far away...

And I already knew that there was going to be a seventh season, they just couldnt drop it.. Haha still the news made my day! Yay Spn for another year!