Reviews for Like Slaves and Soldiers
shasha chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
This is rad. Great insight into Koenma's feelings about all his spirit detectives (including Kuroko, who I wish we saw more of/had more fics about).
Shizuku Tsukishima749 chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
AW! *U* This was so sweet! *U* Love this so much! *U* Man, Koenma is one of my favorite characters, and even without having read the manga, I loved this look into his head so much! *U* Absolutely gorgeous work! *U* Rock on!
Autumn Ether chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
The other day, I read your story while half- asleep and thought, "I am very impressed... Must re-read later." Now that I have, I can say that I am no less impressed than before, if not more so. Not only do you write from a unique character perspective, but you also write beautifully, with power and clarity-also with humour, which adds more depth and balance. I especially enjoyed these lines:

"He pretty much divides the world into different categories of things he can punch, plus a couple of categories of things he can only yell at.

And then he tries to punch some of those, too. Like death."

Never before have I seen only two sentences sum up a character so well. I also really enjoyed your sword analogy for Sensui.

Fabulous work here!
Jasmine of the Night chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
You really got into Koenma's mind with this piece. Your portrayal of him was spot on. Good job :)
Death101- Fox Version chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Wow. This blew my mind. I don't really know why. Maybe it was how in character Koenma was. Maybe it was the depth that you went to so we could look at the detectives closer. Maybe it was just so awesome! Awesome job!

-D101
Lili202122 chapter 1 . 4/27/2011
I loved it very much. It was deep and passionate and REAL. Also a great likeness to what I myself personally think is Koenma, the good, bad, ugly, passions and imperfections.

Good job.