Reviews for The Lion's Roar
PhoenixFlight72 chapter 17 . 6/7
I've just finished reading this trilogy and must say it was an immense pleasure! Excellent sttle, writing, grammar, plot, everything! couldn't put the three down!
FlashOfFlame chapter 17 . 5/28
Hello,

I read all three of your stories within a matter of two days. I just couldn't put them down; your writing in nothing short of brilliant. Kudos!

I like how you've altered the original plot of OotP and HBP whilst keeping the main storyline. It was heartbreaking to read deaths of supporting characters; your character development and writing from the POV of a lot of characters was simply wonderful. Outstanding creativity, to say the least.

Thanks for the entertainment, I really enjoyed your story! I only have one question... What happened to Felix Felicis? I was kind of hoping Harry would use it on the day of the final battle, but I guess it is kind of important that he beats Voldemort without relying on luck, but skill alone. Although, I feel that while for years Voldemort claimed that Harry escaped from him so many times thanks to pure luck, it would have been ironically poetic had Harry, in fact, used luck to win the final time. But then, again, that's just my POV.

Cheers,
FlashOfFlame
torlan2003 chapter 17 . 5/21
Great story, all three were great thank you for taking the time to write. I look forward to reading more of your stories.
Faenor chapter 17 . 2/21
well done,honestly i have really enjoyed this series
rpeh chapter 8 . 12/11/2015
I'm just re-reading all three of these stories, and I think your scene with Harry and Ron playing chess is the best bit of the entire series. It reminds Harry of what he's lost but shows him a way to regain all that and more. It also completes the reader's forgiveness of Ron. I think you should have made more of it in Harry's later interactions with his close friends, but that's not essential. Great, great scene.
G the Headmaster chapter 17 . 11/12/2015
These three stories have been among the most enjoyable Imhave read. Thank you for writing them.
SarcasticallySatyrical chapter 1 . 10/21/2015
Excellent capstone to the trilogy. The action was top-notch, the characters were developed in logical and relatable fashions, and the ending was sweet enough to make all the unfortunate death and chaos worth it. This series is easily one of my personal favorite on this site.
MikeMc chapter 17 . 10/1/2015
This trilogy was amazing. Thank you
Temporal Knight chapter 2 . 9/25/2015
Yeah okay so you've got enough consistency problems at the start that I really can't avoid mentioning it. At the end of the last story, Dumbledore and Snape knew that the Cup was in the Lestrange vault and that it, the snake and the locket were the last remaining three. He also told Harry to ask Sirius about his brother. Harry seems to have completely forgotten that and Dumbledore never seemed to have gotten around to adding his notes about the extremely important vault/Cup. This wouldn't be as much of an issue had I not immediately started this one after the last but as it is, it's just super frustrating.

The conversation about killing is...also frustrating. As others have mentioned, the Death Eaters are known to torture, maim, murder and worse for fun. "Soulless killers" is a title that should be targeted to the actual monsters not the group fighting for their lives. Even Dumbledore in this story ended up understanding that fact. And they've been exposed to this reality for over a year now. They shouldn't still be having this conversation/argument.

And yup, I hate that Cho and the other two died for such a stupid reason just like I knew I would from the end of the last one. It'd be one thing if it worked but since it didn't...it again feels like you mainly did it just to lop so more suffering on the poor girl.

I get the need to set up a new Fidelius quickly but they still considered Snape to be a spy since he didn't kill Dumbledore didn't they? If so why would they need to do the new charm that night and not even give Harry and others a chance to get in contact. It just seems a bit rushed in order to force the foursome to be on their own for longer than is necessary.

The ending of this chapter was nice though. It's really about time for those two and the scene was very sweet and nice. On a related note, while it's not the first time I've seen a character comment that Voldemort would be a hell of a lot less of an issue if he just got laid it always makes me laugh!
delia cerrano chapter 16 . 9/13/2015
Really great sequel - all the segments were good and flowed into each other well. Why do Remus and George always have to die? And Ron now that surprised me! All soooo sad! Battle "scenes" were above average and the characters interplay was very natural seeming. Especially good job of portraying Harry. Daphne was a bit of a jerk about running off to see her parents!
GrimmAster chapter 17 . 7/25/2015
And yet another fantastic story comes to a close, and there are no words to describe how fantastically, torturously, unexplainably happy I am at how this trilogy as a whole has ended, and would love to just say, you are a fantastic writer. Don't let anyone else tell you different. We love your fanfiction, and may I say with complete dignity, PLEASE KEEP WRITING MORE OF THE AMAZINGNESS THAT IS YOUR FANFICS PLS! 3
~ M. Eye
theboona chapter 17 . 5/26/2015
A rather brilliant trilogy I must admit. Whilst I found spelling and grammatical errors abound, they actually didn't detract from the story. I'm rather happy a set of fanfics actually managed to come to a satisfactory conclusion in comparison to other author's attempts. I must say I've thoroughly enjoyed these stories and hope to see you write more in the future. :) x
chthonian chapter 12 . 4/21/2015
Hey so good story but one thing I'm pretty sure the fire you're refering to is actually the great fire of London which happened in 1666 but I could be wrong oh and auroras name was Abigail in the first part of the trilogy
Blazeb79 chapter 17 . 3/29/2015
I loved this story! Very great story.I still say I must have great experience cuz u truly have a way with words!
cbq chapter 17 . 3/2/2015
Much better than canon - in my opinion, anyway :)