Reviews for Arddun Lleuad
Andreasfr chapter 10 . 7/25/2011
I finished all of this story in one sitting... laying... I have a laptop and a bed, it's quite comfortable...

Anyway, I thought this story was simply amazing, and I'm very sad to see that there's not any more to it, would have loved to see how things went on farther down the road for them... How far would Chester come in his practition of magic? Does more bumps in the road surface? Will they return to Canterlot after several years and explain what they did and all of that jazz?

Grr! I wan- I NEED more!

*sigh*

Wanting what no-one can have, I'm so human...

All I can say is that I loved the story, and that I think you're an amazing writer :)

*brohoof*
im 20 percent cooler than u chapter 10 . 7/17/2011
should definitely make s sequel 5/5
Kashiratama Voltaire Shinigami chapter 10 . 7/7/2011
By Zeus and the Olympians, please don't let that be the end. This is one of the best stories on the whole sight.

Looking forward to a sequel.
The Enduring Man-Child chapter 6 . 6/21/2011
Just wanted to repeat the words of another Welshman here:

"A stranger has come to share my room

In the house not right in the head

"A girl mad as birds."
Lord Arcturus chapter 9 . 6/9/2011
I'm rather surprised, I didn't think I'd like this story, but it turns out that it was better than what I expected. Kudos dude. But now, onto bass tacks.

I don't like Chester as a character. He's overly dramatic; dense; hard to take seriously at all, especially for his insistence on adhering to a fictional philosophy and a flawed one at that (the Prime Directive); he abandoned his Earth bound friends, family, and old life without a care in the world; and, well, stupid in how he acts and rationalizes things. He's also not a very believable character since he handled everything up to his eventual apprehension in overly dramatic 'woe unto me' kind of way. He also immediately assumed that he was on a foreign world because he found himself in a forest without service for his phone, that alone causes the Chester to fall flat on his face right out the door character-wise and just shows how irrational he is. (Yes, I know he proved himself right but he still shouldn't have immediately assumed he wasn't on Earth anymore just because he found himself in a forest without cell coverage) Also, his near immediate veneration and deification of the moon was incredibly annoying.

The whole story, mainly during Chester's first person POV segments, is incredibly poetic. Though this isn't a bad thing and I rather enjoyed all the flowery prose but at times it just seemed very unnecessary for certain points.

Lastly I absolutely HATE how the story ended. It came out of no where, everything was going fine then someone/something/whatever just pops into the story suddenly and throws it off the figurative tracks. Seemingly for absolutely no reason than "just because". The sun might as well have exploded for all the difference there is. There was nothing leading up to it, no Chekhov's Gun, not even a subtle indication from another character telling us that they're going to be a dick and ruin everything.

Besides this I still liked the story, I just wish it had gone differently. Chester can stay his melodramatic self but the ending, in my opinion, should be rewritten so it ends in a happy ending with sunshine and bunnies like everything had indicated that it would have been.
The Mad shoe1 chapter 10 . 5/17/2011
I really and truley enjoyd reading this wonderful fic.

The story was just so well written, i could see the landscapes before me and i was at the edge of my seat when Chester interacted with the ponies for the first time, i really lived myself into it, and the relationship between Luna and Chester was just beyond adorable, the only thing i can point out there was that they got together just a bit to quick, i know you meant for it to be the whole "love at first sight" deal, but i personally think their relationship could have grown for atleast a couple of days.

That aside tough, you are a really good writer, and i REALLY hope you will write more for this wonderful MLP story, it just holds so much potential.
Deletethispleasethankyou chapter 10 . 5/14/2011
you can do a sequel you totally can
DaBPunkt chapter 7 . 5/13/2011
I had read the hole story and I must say that this is one of the best fanfictions I ever read. "Why did you hurt my Angel-bunny?" (with the voice of Fluttershy in my head) nearly make me cry. I would like to read a sequel too.

I have only one small critic point: Please make the switching between the story-tellers clearer. In books they use ⁂ or just ***, you should do too.
BrotherOfSteel chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
holy shit, this was definitely a juggernaut among all these other stories, took me a good 40 mins to read and i think this story is COMPLETELY awesome, it really shows that you put a large amount of effort into the crafting of this. great job and I look forward to the next part, if you're planning on writing one that is. if you aren't you really should consider continuing it,like i said before it's an awesome piece of writing and i'd be disappointed to not see more of this story. but once again great job! ;D
HeatWave chapter 10 . 4/29/2011
I read through this story as it was being updated on Equestria Daily. I don't usually read shipping fics, as the main reason that I like this series is the innocence of it all, nevertheless I found this engaging and well written.

Though I'll be honest, the whole horse/human thing has me a little weirded out. Luckily you kept it clean, and it didn't really become strange until they kissed... at which point a visual image entered my brain and I had to skip ahead (I'm still trying to figure out how that works anyway, but I digress).

It was the early chapters that I really liked. The points where he was in the forest, discovering this civilization of horses. Sneaking around while trying to understand them. Very well written. His encounter with Fluttershy in particular (my opinion on the whole horses/humans thing aside, more often than not I just have an overpowering urge to hug that little filly) as well as the attempt to recover his phone... I was almost disappointed that that section of the story ended there.

I found his outburst as he was being let to Celestia (his 'praise' of the Praetorian after their encounter) a little out of character, considering: the state he was in, the overall culture shock he was experiencing, his current standing (or lack thereof) amongst the populace. It seemed a rather bold move on his part and came off as a little out of place in the scene.

The trial was well done. You did the fillies proud and for the most part, kept them within their respective personalities.

The last sections left more questions than answers, so I suppose I'll have to read the sequel when it comes out. I feel the shade duped the characters a little too easily, but strange things happen when people panic, and they were certainly panicking.

And now he's learning magic.

I guess I'll see where it goes from here.

An well written and entertaining read, nonetheless.
MysticGohan88 chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
A college student having ended up in another world? This seems good, and not becaues it has a human in this world, but because its a college student. At that point, their more skepitcal and unbeleving then those that are younger. This should be good :)
Skylight chapter 10 . 4/29/2011
one word: awesome.

that story is honestly the best (and longest) mlp-story I have ever readed in my life.

took me 2 days (about 6 hours) to read it and I loved every second of it.

Also I loved the ending where he gets that present box. I planned on going to sleep on 10pm today but I stayed up till 1am just to finish this story.

This is also my first review ever: I just found out I dont have to create an account to review. I planned on creating one just for this, but I was surprised as it letted me comment without logging in.

first story that forced me to review, u can feel proud.

Please continue this, there are so many questions open and I would really love to read more of this!

...that stupid bastard that made this stupid plan on letting every1 forget everything... Cheren had totally deserved his wishes of studying the pony language, becoming a guard etc. also that poor prothan (cant remember name atm) that took out his chest set... just to forget everything :(

i know, my review isnt that good, but your story is and thats what counts!
Sir Crimson chapter 10 . 4/27/2011
Damn this story was awesome even if the pairing is a little weird(but to each his own) the way you described things was truly epic.

But is this the end? If so... NOOOOOOO! this story is too good to be over especially with so many questions left unanswered like what was the mysterious entity that took the form of Twilight Sparkle(at first I thought it was Nightmare Moon trying to get Luna to feel negative emotions so she could take over again or maybe take over Chester somehow and I thought Celestia really was gathering the bearers of the Elements of Harmony but for the reason of turning Chester into a pony so he and Luna would be more compatible) and I couldn't use the links because you have the .com and the stuff after but not the stuff before it.

Also civilisation is a synonym for civilization so if you were wondering which was the correct spelling they are both fine but I think more people use it with a z. I hope you continue the story(gets on knees and begs) Please!
28 | « Prev Page 1 2