Reviews for First Night
VG LittleBear chapter 8 . 4/9
Hi, thank you for a wonderful reading experience. I enjoyed every single chapter you wrote about Gibbs looking into Ziva's abyss. And the abyss looking back. I think you stayed true to their characters, I felt it fit everything I got from the show. I loved that each of Ziva's answers challenged Gibbs to confront his own feelings, including Kelly, and Jenny. I am sure there is more about Jenny yet to come out.
The story was thought provoking and deeply satisfying. I will re-read again with pleasure.
Thank you so much! Cheers!
MSerrada chapter 8 . 8/2/2013
This is probably my very favorite NCIS story-not necessarily based on plot, but on the quality of your writing and the emotions you've evoked.

Ziva' my favorite character, and I love when I come across stories that explore her issues, even more so when the father/daughter dynamic between she & Gibbs is the focus as it is here.

I love your writing. You do such an excellent job on several fronts: the way you express the the characters' emotions & thoughts, your ability to bring the scenes to visual life, your metaphors & such that fit perfectly, and just your general handling of grammar/sentence structure/word choice. I seriously believe that if you have an original story to tell (not fanfiction), it would definitely get published. I was sad to see that you've only posted two stories total on this site. Do you have more on a different websites?

A small issue that I had brought to my own attention on writing is the use of Point-of-View. In fanfic, we readers pretty much forgive a writer jumping from one person's POV to another, but in the publishing world it is considered a major no-no. Some of my favorite authors switch POV from chapter to chapter, but never from paragraph to paragraph. I had it explained to me that it 'throws' the reader out of the story, much like during a movie if the screen abruptly cuts to black for several extended seconds-the viewer/reader suddenly notices that they are watching a movie or reading a book. They lose focus and then it's jarring to rotate into the alternate character's POV. I'd encourage you to practice staying in one POV as much as possible, and hope that you've continued to write. I'd love to read more.
numb3rs mystery chapter 8 . 7/19/2013
Incredible I couldn't stop reading, I just wanted more . The Gibbs/Ziva moments are my favorite on the show and this was like heaven to me . So thank you , thank you very very much for writing this , for me , epic piece of art. You are a great and intelligent writer.
Catmint chapter 8 . 5/16/2013
Beautiful, powerful, complex, heartbreaking, heartwarming... So much emotion, so many emotions. Fantastic characterisation, fantastic writing, fantastic everything. I could feel everything, it was so tangible.
natsien chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
I'm not sure if I ever reviewed thus fic - I read it a while ago and have been searching for it. Excellent story!
USAFChief chapter 8 . 8/18/2012
This is a simply stupendous story - especially a first story! You write extremely well and delve into very deep emotions to bring your story to life. Gibbs, in this story, may have neglected the rest of his team, but it was necessary to get through Ziva's pain and his own and to set the tone for their relationship. The only thing I am sorry about is that although you displayed it so vividly, you never let one of them utter the word love. On the other hand, maybe it was better left unsaid but continuously displayed for all to see that want to see it.

I am adding you to my favorite authors list and I shall go read your other post and hope you add more soon.

Thank you for writing this and sharing it with us...it is marvelous!

pdf
9harry chapter 8 . 8/9/2012
In your profile you mention how you're more of a reader than a writer, but I feel that I must make my disagreement known, as this was a wonderful piece of work.

Your ability to write my beloved characters so well is simply... well, great. While reading, one can't help but feel seamlessly transported into the story, because the voices, emotions, and behaviors are so true to character that never a moment is interrupted with a niggling feeling of, "Hey, that's not what so-and-so would do/say/think!" Your innate ability to really WRITE everyone well as you weave your tale is a gift you should absolutely embrace, obsession be damned (okay, the latter was selfish on my part. I just like your work, and would love more).

Kudos.
wondercloud chapter 8 . 6/9/2012
Not sure how I missed this story previously.. but wow, what a lot to read through in one sitting! I enjoyed it. 'Talking' Gibbs works in the right context. Thanks for sharing.
Mechabeira chapter 8 . 5/22/2012
I just found this purely by accident and I read it so fast and with such focus it drained me, left me weirdly dizzy and discombobulated. It's amazing-a hard story, fully of difficulty and anger, but one that is necessary and utterly beautiful at the same time. Brava.
dvd123 chapter 1 . 5/21/2012
Sorry. The anon below is me. Somehow I got signed out. That really bugs me. I'm not sure if you can delete it. But I'm going to copy and post it here, now that I'm signed in again.

This story is phenomenal! It has to be one of the best NCIS fanfics I have ever read, and in that, one of the best Gibbs and Ziva fanfics.

You have their characters (including Ducky) down pat, their voices to perfection. You have capture their personality, their pasts, their very essence, extremely well. There is this haunting, lingering quietness surrounding all the conversations that is remarkable. My eyes welled with tears throughout.

I am a big Tony/Ziva shipper, but in my mind, if Ziva were to really open up to someone first, it would be Gibbs, if not then Ducky. All the dialogue and transitions are beautiful; they hit all the right notes for me, leaving a long lasting ring in my ears. Even though I ship Tony/Ziva, my favorite relationship to watch on the show has always been Gibbs-Ziva. You have really done them justice. The progression of this relationship on the show is amazing, and it really translates here. The trust and respect that have grown between them is really breathtaking. They may not understand each other completely, but amongst the team, Gibbs and Ziva most likely understand each other the best (minus Ducky, because he kind of understands everyone. xD) Both have done some murky, questionable things in their lives, and they share a connection that is very unique from the others on the team.

Ziva is my favorite character, and I think I just totally fell in love with her all over again in here. Her sense of loneliness, her self-doubt, her insecurities, regrets, guilt are extremely poignant. As well as Gibbs'. Gibbs has always been a fascinating character as well. His rights and wrongs, his losses, how the team looks up to him. I think it is burden that he readily carries and tries not to take for granted.

I also enjoy the little glimpses of Tony here. He is a very good agent and talented investigator himself. Not sure if it's on purpose, but I felt a bit of Tony-Ziva shipping, however subtle, with the references of how similar Tony and Ziva can be. Maybe that's just my shipper heart talking. ;)

As much as I don't want to let this story go, you have tied things together really well and gave a very satisfying closure. That's as much as one can ask for right? I am one happy reader. Thanks for writing! :D
Guest chapter 8 . 5/21/2012

Ziva-Tali-David chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Wow! I really like where this is going. You've captured the father-daughter thing beautifully
tinkerbell99 chapter 8 . 3/7/2012
This was absolutely amazing. You've completely nailed both Gibbs and Ziva. I was amazed by the complete quietness of it all - yet somehow your story kind of took my breath away. It's (unfortunately) rare - this slow, beautfully done fic in this fandom. Thank you so much for the hours and hours it must have taken to get this so perfectly, absolutely right. Thank you even more so for sharing it!
Bono Tempest chapter 8 . 1/13/2012
Awwwwwwwwe. This is so sweet I think I'm getting cavities!

Fantastic fiction, it feels real and true to reality when I'm reading it. And I love the Gibbs/Ziva, father/daughter relationship. The musher the better:) and no I'm not. Hopeless romantically sop, just someone who likes a little family mush once in a while:)

Anyway, great fix and I can't wait to read the continueing chapters.
Cleavage Queen chapter 8 . 1/4/2012
Some days I am just blown away by the talent hiding in the bytes of this website.

Lovely story.