Reviews for Heaven's Light
UN-4-Seen Scholar chapter 7 . 3/27
Wow! Now this, this chapter was definitely the best yet. Quite possibly my favourite one throughout this story so far. It just has so much in it that truly goes to infinity & beyond!

The chase scene was done exceptionally well, all the way through from beginning to end. Plus, it also served to properly demonstrate how well Phoebus & Maximus work together as a team. I mean, in the original Tangled movie, Maximus was pretty much doing the whole chase solo since none of the other guards could keep up, on horseback or otherwise.

Whereas, in this chapter, Phoebus is able to keep pace with Maximus all the way through; whilst in armour! Now that is impressive.

However, the absolute best part of this whole chapter altogether is definitely the first meeting between Rapunzel & Quasimodo. Such a wonderful interaction between two of my favourite Disney characters!

Not to mention, it was really nice to see Rapunzel offer a bit of comfort to Quasi over what he's already been through; then there's that sweet little hug they shared at the end as well. Quite an adorable moment between them.

Although, nothing could top the segment when the song 'Out There' came into play. THAT was an epic duet! And I could definitely picture it as something you'd see in a Disney film! It's easy to tell that this song is a favourite, because you had certainly done it justice and more besides!

Truly fine work went into this and I give it two thumbs-up all around. Great job!
UN-4-Seen Scholar chapter 6 . 2/28
And at last, we finally see Rapunzel come into this story fully to take her place as the main heroine. It was just wonderful to see her again; you had certainly done her character justice in this chapter, even if most of her segment was nearly the same as in the movie itself, like you've already mentioned.

Regardless, in my opinion, that isn't a bad thing. I liked the fact that we got to take another brief trip down memory lane again with these films. Especially with the songs; it's always good to see them again every once in a while.

On the other hand, I have to say that putting Phoebus & Maximus together is brilliant. Individually, those two are already quite formidable, but putting them both together makes them truly a force to be reckoned with.

Although, the most interesting thing about this chapter for me is the change you've made to Phoebus' back-story. Instead of being a war-hero now, he's essentially a man trying to make up for his father's mistakes. Now that will certainly change how his character develops in this story, because it has already affected how he interacts with Frollo in this instance, due to the way it ties in with the Tangled setting.

All in all, definitely a job well done! And I am certainly looking forward to more, since next chapter is where things will start to get a lot more interesting...
UN-4-Seen Scholar chapter 5 . 2/10
You have got to give the Stabbington brothers some credit. They certainly know how to pitch a bad idea and make it sound as if it's a good one. Although, as they were expecting, poor Quasi was pretty much an easy target for them, considering how bad his day has already gone for him.

Still, they really did a good job of making the whole thing seem worthwhile, even though Quasi initially refused after finding out they were after the crown.

So now, as a result, the Stabbingtons get to pull off their little job without Flynn, as they had hoped for. Although, as we all already know, they had never trusted Flynn to begin with, so it's not that much of a stretch to think that they'd cut him loose the first chance they get.

Nevertheless, here is the point where we will find ourselves heading into the realms of the Tangled storyline. With our favourite underdog Quasimodo coming along for the ride.

Nice work! :D
UN-4-Seen Scholar chapter 4 . 2/6
For Quasi, this certainly was a harrowing day, to be sure. First, he's forcibly subjected to being publicly humiliated & tormented in front of possibly the whole kingdom. Then he's made to suffer even more as the guards openly insult him further, despite the fact that Phoebus is present and calling them out on it.

But then again, that's really to be expected of these guys because they behave like that to everyone else as well; poor Quasi's just an easy target. After all, they acted exactly the same way in Disney's Notre Dame film.

Except now, he's been branded a wanted criminal and is on the run for lashing out against them. Awesome escape scene, by the way! Our little underdog Quasimodo certainly has some hidden talent to show us.

Nevertheless, at least he isn't totally alone in this bad bit of luck, since he's getting some help from others, such as Esmerelda & Phoebus.

Although, my favourite is still the queen, Susanne, whom still comes to Quasi's defence and openly challenges Frollo about the matter, even as her husband somewhat agrees with Frollo's decision. Great choice for their names, as well. They certainly fit them both very well.

Mind you, on a slightly similar note, I'm pretty sure Henri wouldn't offer any sort of praise to Frollo if he knew what we know about the man...

Nevertheless, this was certainly fun to read! Well done for another great chapter in this story!
viralhybrid29 chapter 7 . 1/1
Very, very nice duet. I loved it.
UN-4-Seen Scholar chapter 3 . 11/22/2015
It was nice to see a lot of familiar faces again in this chapter. From Captain Phoebus to Flynn Rider, and Esmeralda to the royals. No better place to introduce them fully into this tale than at the old 'FOF'.

Not to mention that it was just fantastic to enjoy 'Topsy Turvy' once again. With our dear narrator Clopin taking his place in the spotlight.

However, my favourite part about this whole chapter has to be what happened at the end. Even though poor Quasi had to go through that sort of nasty experience again, it was lovely to see both of the royals come to his defence, especially the queen in particular.

Yet another good chapter all around for this story! Nice work!
UN-4-Seen Scholar chapter 2 . 11/1/2015
Good chapter. It was certainly fun to take a little stroll down memory lane through the first half.

And I loved reading through the first part of the song 'Out There' towards the end; it was lovely to think back over that section of the movie whilst reading through the lyrics again.

Nice work, overall!
UN-4-Seen Scholar chapter 1 . 10/27/2015
This was definitely a great start to the story!

In many ways, I did find it to be just as powerful as the opening to Disney's Notre Dame movie itself.

Clopin's narrative in this chapter was really well done, despite the fact you mentioned that music wasn't your usual 'forte'. Your choices for the new lyrics were spot-on, because I found it very easy to read through them all, whilst keeping in line with the Bells of Notre Dame theme.

Also, I personally like the name you've picked for the cathedral. It does actually have a certain charm to it, in my eyes.

Nevertheless, I am really looking forward to reading through the rest of this! Great job done so far!
Rassilon001 chapter 19 . 9/20/2015
Interesting your choice to redeem Gothel in the end. I expected her and Frollo to make quite the villainous team-up (possibly even villainous couple), but in the end, she proved quite the lesser antagonist compared to a much, much eviler Minister (and very nearly King). Their deaths made for a striking contrast to one another though, and reflected the earlier conversation about Soliel and the two sides of him. Very poetic.

Beautiful interaction between Quasimodo and Rapunzel, whom do share a lot in common with one another and have remarkably similar stories and circumstances surrounding them. And it seems, may have been perfect for one another in many other ways as well. She probably would be one of the first to truly accept him without a second thought, having no prior judge of appearances in her entire life. Plus, it was just so darn cute seeing such real shut-in kids learn what it is to love one another.

Less interested in the new Phoebus/Esmeralda/Flynn dynamic, but I guess it still worked out for the best. And they do fight well alongside one another, no one can deny that.

Another excellent crossover story, Monster of Fins. You find the most excellent stories to bring together into something newer and more beautiful than either was separate.
dveth chapter 7 . 7/10/2015
Songs work well in movies. They are horrible in print. The constant songs are distracting, annoying, and confusing. I can't continue reading a story where everything stops for a song at least once a chapter. It's ridiculous.
nobody chapter 19 . 6/15/2015
I read this whole thing start to finish and I gotta say your really good I mean really really good fantastic actually great job great job really nothing wrong with it
vpalumbo2391 chapter 19 . 3/16/2015
I loved your story. I look forward to reading any of your other or future works.
Born in 20th Century chapter 2 . 3/11/2015
I love the description of the bird at the beginning of this chapter :)
SharKohen chapter 7 . 3/11/2015
Wow! This song really fit both them, and I love how you adapted the conversation to one that rap and quasi would easily share
Toa Aerrow chapter 19 . 12/6/2014
You, sir, are one of the best writers I've ever had the pleasure of reading from!
This PlotFusion of The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Tangled has got to be one of the best I've read.
Might I add that I've already previously read The Dragon and the Bow, which is also a brilliant story, and I absolutely love how Clopin mentions it near the end of this one.
I look forward to reading your other stories in this Shared Fairytale Universe of yours, Seven Days in Corona and When the Cold Wind is a Callin', and, for you:
KUTGW!