Reviews for The View From Behind the Badge
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 8/25/2012
Uh, wow.
Avirra chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
As the granddaughter of a sheriff that still remembers some of his stories about the things that can happen in the line of duty (including being attacked by a drunk with a butcher knife), thanks for this. Very moving.
ShakespeareCop chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
I must say, I'm actually disappointed this hasn't gotten more reviews, it's a really good piece and worthy of more than it's gotten. You got right into the heart and mind of a police officer very well and shown to people how we have to put on the game face at times and pretend we're not bothered by what we see, but when we get home, we break down. I'm a retired police officer and I can tell you that what you've written is very true to life as far as how we really think. There's the moments of heroism matched with the moments of horror and hell that we've all been through in our careers. I would hope that with the 9/11 anniversary approaching, people give this story a look, just to remind them what it's truly like to be a police officer and the sacrifices we make on the job sometimes. It's a very compelling piece from start to finish, and even thought there's no direct tie-in to Adam-12, it's good you posted it here, for it fits even fictional characters from the 1970's. It also fits well for firefighters or EMT's, too. Excellent job on this, I'll have to check out the rest of your work when I get the opportunity.
TnJAGAz chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
Well done - you did a great job! :) It is a thankless job they do. Just yesterday in our town a teenager former barmaid got six years and $10,000 fine for hitting and nearly killing a patrol officer. The officer will never be able to patrol again or run. But she had to watch as that teenage girl boo-hooed her eyes out and jury feeling sorry for her said 'six years'. Even worse, the girl's mother got angry and berated the witnesses for testifying against her baby girl. And this officer will now either take a permanent desk job or permanent disability while this kid will probably get off with less than six years get drunk [again] and plow her maserati [sp] into someone else.
Stacie Williams chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
I don't generally leave reviews, I just read here for casual entertainment, but I wanted to tell you what a powerfully moving piece of work this was. The emotions you portrayed were so raw and realistic and the cases were very true to life. So much so that there were times I had to stop and take a break, I was overcome by emotions from what you had written. My husband is a police officer and he is a silent fan of all your work (Adam-12 is what got him into being a cop to begin with), but this story in particular he was impressed with how well you wrote what cops really experience. It was a wonderful tribute to not only the fallen officer in your state, but the fallen officers across the nation, and those that carry on doing THE JOB, day in and day out.

Let us never forget their sacrifices or all that they do for us in keeping us safe in today's world. Thank you for writing this, it was something that really needed to be said, and you did it in such a fitting manner.

Stacie W.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
A stunning and haunting story. Very, very difficult to read, but deeply moving. Thank you for having the courage to write this tribute.
SukiSugar chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
Bam, once again, you blow me away with the written word. I don't normally cry at stuff I read, but this one had me weeping by the time I was done with it. Sure, it's not Adam-12, but the message is incredibly important, especially considering the high rate of officers killed in the line of duty in just this past year alone. You do this piece justice, bringing the reader into the officer's thoughts so perfectly. While the scenarios you presented were rather graphic and gruesome, you told it like it is and I would expect no less of you. You should be very proud of such a talent, not many writers out there can write as well as you do, it's truly a gift indeed and I thank you for sharing it with us.
Matt S chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
I normally just lurk here when I read your stories but I had to write and tell you that this is one damn good piece of writing, you get inside a cop's head very well and get into what he/she is thinking. It's been printed off and passed around the station where I work at and we're all in agreement that this should be required reading for citizens everywhere. Thank you for writing this, it was something that really needed to be said. One of the other reviewers was right, you should try to get this published somewhere in a magazine or something, it's that good.
Sassy Lassie 51 chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
What a very powerful and thought-provoking piece this was. While technically it's not Adam-12 related, I'm glad you posted it here, it's an important message that needs to be read by people. We often take our cops and firefighters and EMTs for granted, figuring that they'll always be there when we need them, and we really DO need to thank them for what they do. They have some of the toughest jobs out there and it truly takes a strong and courageous person to do it. Glad you wrote and posted this piece, it's very moving and insightful into what hell they do see.
JackWebbFan chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
I'm...speechless! This was a VERY powerful piece, you should see if you can't get it published in a magazine or something. Made me choke up in several spots, especially the missing child case that turned tragic, and the death towards the end of the story. You hit it right on the mark as far as what cops see and experience on the job. Told the guys I work with to read it and some of them have, and they're pretty impressed with how you get into their heads so well. Wonderful piece, all the way through, very thought-provoking and well done with a gritty realism that pulled no punches in portraying what "the Job" entails. The ending was particularly great, IMHO. Hope it makes people think and give thanks to not only cops, but other emergency personnel that are there for us when we need them.
The Delirium Threemen chapter 1 . 4/28/2011
Very powerful piece of work. One can only imagine the horrors people who work professions such as police offices or first responders see on almost a daily basis.

Thanks for writing a gritty and honest piece that doesn't sugarcoat the situations that cops face daily. One can only wish that people would show more respect and gratitude to the boys in blue.

Great work as usual.