Reviews for A Study in Magic
Naomi chapter 1 . 11/15
Brilliant! Loved every sentence. Too bad there isnt more!
Simply divine. A superb read.
Vox chapter 20 . 10/12
This was an enjoyable read! I lost myself in the writing style (I especially love Watson’s excerpts at the beginning) and the take on Quirrell was brilliant! Sherlock was depicted well and I like how Harry clearly takes after Sherlock, but still has a long ways to go before surpassing him. I appreciate the Hermione and Neville batch of friends Harry’s got too.

That being said, I was wondering why Draco Malfoy didn’t make an appearance - he did, however did he not approach Harry? I don’t recall seeing that (or I just don’t remember).

While enjoy Quirrell’s classroom it seemed pretty centered around just that classroom. The ending was brilliant and the message was clear, however I feel as though not much has happened? While it was saddening for when Quirrell died it didn’t leave as much of an impact, if that makes sense?

Harry’s quick recovery plus the quick ending straight after and you don’t really get to process that Quirrell’s ‘gone’. Rather than the end of Quirrell in a story it’s more as though the story ended with Quirrell. I’m not sure how to explain it, but with that sorta ending it’s as if Quirrell never left the story. If the story carried on a bit further after the death than the reader would notice Quirrell’s lack of presence and that’s how it clicks in your mind that ‘Hey... he’s truly gone’. In my opinion the writing style was amazing, however I feel as though you could’ve developed the side characters a bit more. The emotional journey seemed a bit rushed. Anyway yeah! First review! Still really enjoyed this story! ~(w)~
noxenrom chapter 1 . 8/17
I hate first person POV.
Marble Meadow chapter 20 . 8/7
Truly wonderful story. Loved each character and how you wove together the two worlds. Well done!
Stephanie MRV chapter 20 . 7/29
NOOOOOOOO. This was wonderful. I hate what happened to the professor but wow. This is great. I hope the kids grow up for the better.
Tips chapter 1 . 7/12
It was kind of boring
I mostly skipped over it
shieldmaiden19 chapter 20 . 5/23
Wow! Two of the greatest fictional worlds compressed into one, and with such skillful writing! Thank you so much for taking the time to make this and share it with us. It was a bright spot in a dark day, and I can't wait to read the rest of your writing!

Best,

Shieldmaiden
Rosina Ferguson chapter 20 . 4/8
A unique and highly enjoyable take on Harry being raised by Sherlock. Thank you for sharing.
AdaDiya chapter 20 . 3/14
Great story!
fic fan chapter 20 . 2/27
well done - thank you
Mysts of Time chapter 20 . 2/26
A sequel of sorts would be much appreciated, if the desire so strikes you
SortingHat chapter 9 . 2/14
Quite the doper the headmaster is. The *crying curse* reminds me of the *race card* always pulled for the minority to get their way and come out smiling like they just won the lottery until their next big thing.

And the feminist who go beyond wanting equal rights to rape me please culture and crazy stuff that only a deranged person who needs to be locked up (in a padded room) with the key thrown away would think.
SortingHat chapter 8 . 2/14
A hidden *bug* should be placed under the hat to hear the conversations.
SortingHat chapter 7 . 2/14
Elementary My Dear Hermionie.