Reviews for A Study in Magic
elemout chapter 19 . 4/2/2013
This was really sad. I liked Quirrell alot and for him to die (and is Voldemort really destroyed?) was sudden. I guess in a way it does give Harry a new goal\quest and maybe Sherlock one too (how to have Muggle defenses against wizards).
elemout chapter 18 . 4/2/2013
""Sherlock Holmes does not hug," clarified Harry." - This was a great scene to show how Voldemort is acting the "correct" way as a father would but he has no understanding of Holmes (odd since wouldn't he have read his mind? the only weak point of the story is the Voldemort issue, I almost wish you had left it out altogether).
Why wouldn't Harry also inform Albus instead of just Quirrell?
elemout chapter 16 . 4/2/2013
Luna's been placed in with Harry's year?! I didn't mind of course, although a tiny sentence about her being taking in a year early since her mom's death might have smoothed it over a bit. Still I'm glad to see her and she and Hermione are perfect foil's to one another.
elemout chapter 15 . 4/2/2013
Zacharias is a little annoying moron.

"That particular plant was, in fact, a perfectly ordinary shrub." - This whole sequence with Hermione wash hilarious and a lot more fun than the whole SPEW stuff.
elemout chapter 14 . 4/2/2013
This is the best part of the story (along with Watson's notes about Sherlock's interactions with the magical world). I'm really admiring how you write short succint scenes. I see there are only 20 chapters, I hope there are sequels to all 7 years.
elemout chapter 13 . 4/2/2013
To be honest Voldemort's scheme to use a Muggle Holmes to traverse the Forbidden Forest seems really inept and ridiculous.
Quirrell's class though was brilliant and the way Defense Against the Dark Arts should be run. Really like how Neville is shaping up here.
elemout chapter 12 . 4/2/2013
"Billow dramatically" - so hilarious, so that's the household spell that Snape uses to get that effect.
Again, really enjoying this Quirrell - he seems promising as a teacher.
elemout chapter 10 . 4/2/2013
First, I'm glad that Quirrell seems like a good teacher here. I'm not sure how Voldemort found Sherlock Holmes and why Albus wouldn't have provided better defenses to Holmes since he knows what's going on. The whole Voldemort "possesses" a Muggle threw me off. Why not possess Holmes during holidays when Harry will be back so Voldemort can easily try to kill him?
elemout chapter 6 . 3/28/2013
This interaction between Harry and Ollivander was creepy and well-wrought.
I like Hedwig already.
elemout chapter 5 . 3/28/2013
Love the sense of humor (Bunny-Be-Gone). Again this Sherlockian Harry is well-characterized. While he's not as astute as Holmes is (which is a natural talent), he has learned well. The descriptions of the wizarding world were quite nice.
elemout chapter 3 . 3/28/2013
I love how you include the deductions and observations and how clever they are.
elemout chapter 2 . 3/28/2013
This is an excellent story, I love how you keep the language in line with the original Conan Doyle series. Harry being raised this was is rather brilliant and Voldemort won't stand a chance against him.
Helene chapter 20 . 3/28/2013
This is just as good the second time around. Thanks for sharing.
Jigoku no Yami chapter 20 . 3/13/2013
that was very enjoyable.
Sun S. Li chapter 20 . 3/11/2013
A well done tryst into Harry raised by so and so. Your love of Holmes shines through in your characterizations of sherlock and Watson. And your flippant disregard for canon refreshing and your dry and at times silly humor in other characters' is truly hilarious. while methods of rationality, a fic you may surely be compared to lets deductive reasoning take the spotlight and meanders enjoyably to its point you on the other hand have a story to tell and I'm enjoying this and hope to see it updated soon
797 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »