Reviews for But to cry
Duilin chapter 1 . 12/30/2011
Something about Elbereth and death rhyming really caught me off guard - and the fact that Elves, perhaps, were made to suffer and cry, instead of entertaining mortality. I never really looked at it that way.
Tindomiel chapter 1 . 3/16/2004
Brilliant, simply beautiful. What praise could justify this?
chibimagic chapter 1 . 5/4/2002
That was superb, wonderful, amazing, beautiful! You have captured the imagery of the Silmarillion perfectly!
Woman of the Dunedain chapter 1 . 4/25/2002
How beautiful.
Arwen Imladviel chapter 1 . 4/11/2002
I can see the waves... the mountains... must be too much radiation from the screen! :)
Oboe-Wan chapter 1 . 4/8/2002
You amaze me. I don't even touch writing poetry in my native language with a ten foot pole.

This is just incredibly beautiful. The flashes of imagery just shimmer, and it really captures the atmosphere, and emotion of the Silmarillion.

A beautiful little jewel of a poem.
Belphegor chapter 1 . 4/5/2002
Cher Chat Noir, c'est superbe. I loved it - already knew you were very good at poems, but this one is beyond words. You express wonderfully the aching sadness of the sea-longing, as we might imagine it from the books - I really loved it. Bravo, c'était vraiment merveilleux!

Love,

Belphegorthe Weird One! :o)
arynetrek chapter 1 . 4/1/2002
this is beautiful. and such a wonderful poem subject... you've got the beauty/danger tension that just pours through Sil - in such a short piece that's impressive. good job!

aryne *
Soledad too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 4/1/2002
Incredible! I wish I had read this before I wrote my story about this topic!
Furius chapter 1 . 4/1/2002
love the last three lines, so sadly true..
Just me chapter 1 . 4/1/2002
I know about Cuivènen. That was lovely and so very sad. You write beautifully.
Lady Cheshire chapter 1 . 4/1/2002
Very beautiful. And very original. I look forward to more of your stuff!
Abigail the Jedi chapter 1 . 4/1/2002
*sniff* Beautiful. Absoulutely beautiful.