Reviews for Punching Bag Blues
Guest chapter 15 . 12/12/2015
As a retired high school teacher, oh how I wish Sam would have been one of my students, and ever sooooooooooooo glad Dean NEVER darkened my door.
Guest chapter 14 . 12/12/2015
Happy that someone had a bullet wound and slight fever as a minor event.

Sounds like G Is snowed in, 20 below, surrendered and holding out against Nazi crack troops at the Battle of the Bulge.
ryder21 chapter 22 . 1/6/2014
I am emotionally exhausted after reading this story. You are so true to the characters; their voices and characteristics, that I felt like I was 'watching' this story.
Dean broke my heart, and I miss Bobby soooo much. Great story, very well written.
tricia chapter 22 . 12/9/2013
very good job, I just discovered your story and wanted to take the time to tell you that I enjoyed it immensely. very intense and in character I think...
jokergirl94 chapter 22 . 3/13/2013
I just found this story and I absolutely love it. The ending was so sad and it think it painted a great picture of what could have and should have happened in the show. Thank you so much for sharing this with the rest of the world.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/31/2012
dean you are idjit number one bahahahaa
Neshomeleh chapter 22 . 12/13/2012
Poor Dean. I know how he feels, I've lived with pain inside of me since I was in kindergarten, while smiling on the outside to hide the horror of my life. My breakdown came after 30 years. I know how hard it is to go through the pain alone and when it finally comes out, it just make things worse and only few things get better. You did such a beautiful work describing his sadness.
wifeymcwiferson chapter 1 . 10/9/2012
Got to say, I've loved this story for a long, long time.
ccase13 chapter 22 . 11/15/2011
They did get Dean to talk honestly which will give them some idea of how to go on with him in the future. This is a powerful picture of Dean's psychological state after the events of Meg's hijacking of Sam's body.
Zyanya chapter 22 . 10/24/2011
What a great and sad story, thanks a did it so well since the first chapter and you kept on doing it! Thanks a lot, I absolutelly love this story...thanks a lot, great job!
Beckydaspatz chapter 22 . 10/23/2011
Wow, what a fitting way to end this! There really is no peace for these boys, they just have to keep going because the world needs them to. I really love the message behind this, that they will be okay as long as they have each other.

"Listen Sam, we do what we have always done. We be here for him, in whatever way he needs us. It hurts like hell to see him like this, I know, but the smart ass, stubborn mule we know and love is still in there. He just has to know we ain't going nowhere. I mean come on, you two have overcome so much shit in your life but you have always managed to come out on top on the pile. Sure, you may come out stinking to high heaven, but you do always come out. You have each other and it'll be enough Sam, because it has to be."- I love Bobby so much!

The only man close enough to the boys to truly understand them; the only one able to see underneath the bullshit they weave and know them for the brave and smart and damn heroic men they are stands on the edge of his own display of uncharacteristic emotion.

Bobby Singer, the man who holds a huge soft spot in his heart for Dean and Sam Winchester lowers his head in his hands and sighs deeply. He stands alone in his kitchen. And cries.- *hugs all of them* I'm sad to see this go, but happy that you stayed true to the show. Great job my friend!
BranchSuper chapter 22 . 10/22/2011
Lots of pieces here for everyone to pick up: Dean, Sam and Bobby. Hopefully this will have helped for Dean and Sam to cope. They know Bobby's there for them at any rate.

Good story.
babyreaper chapter 22 . 10/22/2011
Sorry to see it come to an end, but I suppose it had to eventually. It was a strange last chapter, Dean wasn't really any better even after his meltdown, Sam still thought talking to Dean was going to help, I mean that worked out so well last time. It was really sad too. Poor Bobby, he hasn't anyone he can talk too, to unburden his soul. Thanks..
OpheliacAngel chapter 22 . 10/22/2011
Poor Bobby, but I did enjoy the ending :)

This story was beautiful, loved every moment, the emotions, the dialogue, the tears, everything. I an sorry to see it end.

But you did a fantastic job and I hope you write more wonderful stories such as this :D
Sharlot chapter 22 . 10/22/2011
The vision and complexity of unbridled emotions from someone who seems to take pride in the fact that he rarely shows them, has rattled each of the other men to the bone.-Really lovely line and honestly rings very true. I think Sam and Bobby both clearly know the meaning of "be careful what you ask for", now!

he don't see one damn thing that can do one little slice of god damn good to cleanse or mend that boy's broken heart or begin to piece his shattered world back together again.-Awwww! Wouldn't it be nice if it were that easy!

Although the sun still peeks in through the now splintered window, he feels nothing but darkness, courtesy of the damn perpetual cloud of gloom and doom that has invaded his home the same way it has invaded each and every moment of the brothers' lives.-Poor Bobby...having to witness this must be so hard. He's more than a marginal figure in their lives, and yet, he'll forever be an observer of their relationship (probably the closest observer), and it's got to hurt to see the non-stop hurt they go through and PUT themselves through.

Awww...what a great ending (well, not GREAT...but you know...very fitting for the entire tone of the piece). You've done a lovely job here. It was a painful, but strangely satisfying ride. It's extremely true to the characters. Any growth is HARD bought here, and that's exactly the way it is for the Winchesters. I loved it! Thanks for the words, Dorothy! This was awesome!