Reviews for Finding Her 'Perfect'
Guest chapter 2 . 7/3/2012
a very well written piece. I found it quite believable.
Allow Me To Speak chapter 2 . 6/24/2012
I like the argument and how sensible the breakup was. It seems very... Josh and Kate. The drink with Castle is a given (;]) and well done.

The "...with her dead mother's ring around her neck" sentence hit me. I've never once thought of it that way, and I happen to have a ring on a necklace quite like Kate. It's fascinating how that can seem so morbid and touching at the same time. It's got layers, and I had never stopped to consider them. It's truly fascinating.
Claire St. Marie chapter 2 . 5/9/2012
I loved this story. I would love to see more...at least one or two more. (I'm feeling like saying, "Pretty please...") I never liked Josh for the obvious reason, he was in Castle's place. More than that though, we really only ever saw him as a pretty face. Doctor? Big deal! Saving the world in Africa? Who cares. I loved how the breakup unfolded, though, Kate seeking counsel with Rick and Rick just staying steady. Always.
Copop chapter 2 . 3/17/2012
Love that the last line of the two chapters are the same - yet so different. *thumbs up*

Reading this after nearly a year after the fact, I don't understand how Kate could have been still involved with Josh in 4.01! It just didn't/doesn't make sense to me. At the very latest, after 3.22 she realized Castle was the one she wants to be with, imo.

Anyhow, I like this story :)
Yogh chapter 2 . 10/16/2011
My impressions of the characters has been strongly influenced by fanfic recently, yours in particular, so I can't say how accurate my thoughts are to the real characters, but I thought I'd share some anyway. I like how you make a clear distinction between Beckett's thoughts and ability to express them. She has understandable reasons for why she didn't tell him about her mother initially or then later and he might have given her some credit for them, but she doesn't get the out. Early on in reading your stuff I sort of wondered why, if she could sort her thoughts so well, she didn't express them, but then I realised that of course her sorting them so well in words is just a way to show the audience, not necessarily how they would manifest in her brain. Keep up the great work!
KristenABB chapter 2 . 10/2/2011
So, I'm slowly making my way through your oeuvre of stories and am coming to the realization that you have an amazing gift and are without a doubt the best writer on this board. This two-parter was yet more proof of that. So good. :)
ttandme69 chapter 2 . 9/25/2011
very happy for the 2nd chapter! love the way you write B&C. break-up scene was what you would expect for 2 adults who realized they were not the one for each other. why was he smooping in her apt to find her mom's murder board? not cool! thanks for posting...lisa
csiAngel chapter 2 . 9/3/2011
An excellent look at Kate's relationships with both Castle and Josh. You've captured Kate and Castle perfectly. I love the scene at her desk, and the messages at the end there; so very them :)
Bil chapter 2 . 8/10/2011
Very cool story. I love the perspectives you give on the different relationships and Castle and Beckett were really in character. Thanks for writing!
Topsy chapter 2 . 8/9/2011
"But right now…she just wanted…she just wanted Castle." - Awww! That's so cute. :)

"She didn't need to change. Castle didn't care how she looked. Castle didn't care that she walked around with her dead mother's ring around her neck. Castle didn't care that darkness and death followed her everywhere. Castle didn't care about any of it. To Castle, she was extraordinary. And maybe someday she could be his perfect. Maybe he was already hers, and she'd never realized it." - Love that!

As far as their break-up fight goes, I think you nailed it. I think we've clearly been shown on the show that their relationship is far from perfect, and I think that this is definitely how things could go/would have gone (you know, before the finale) on the show. So kudos! :) Now, onto "Tuck and Dive." I'm excited!
Topsy chapter 1 . 8/9/2011
Hi! I'm fairly new to this whole "Castle" fandom, so I've been rummaging around on this site for good fanfic, and I am so very excited to have found yours. This is the first story of yours I have read, and I am already hooked. Haven't even read the second chapter yet - though I'm getting to that as soon as I leave this review. And then on to "Tuck and Dive." But this chapter was so very, "them," if you know what I mean. It's like something I could have actually seen on the show. So I had to leave this review in my excitement, because I can already tell I am going to be enjoying your fanfiction very much. :) Okay. Enough rambling... I am off to chapter 2.
anon chapter 2 . 7/20/2011
I loved this story. I really liked chapter 2. I thought it was realistic and exactly the kind of argument those two - Kate and Josh - would have. I'm not sure if he would've wilted at the end of the argument though. It works for the story. You captured Castle's character very well. He's silly and childish but wise.
Scriptor of Lacuna chapter 2 . 6/21/2011
Very nice companion chapter to the previous one. A very different conversation than the one she had with Castle, but it mimicked that inner sanctum that Kate tries so hard to hide from Josh.

The break up was mature, which is always nice to read. These are adults we are dealing with here, so a little adult reality is a bonus. I like your portrayal of Josh very much and I liked how you wrote Kate in relation to him.

The ending brought it all home that in the end, after every thing is said and done, Castle is the one. Very sweet story.

Thank you so much for sharing your imagination.

Cheers,

Rini :D
Scriptor of Lacuna chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
I couldn't quite resist reading another one of your stories. You probably put a warning at the beginning of your stories about the subsequent addiction your readers might get ;)

I liked that you set it during "The Dead Pool" and "To Love and Die in LA" (both amazing epi's...to be fair every epi of Castle is amazing). It was really sweet that Kate stayed or kept delaying going home to Josh because Castle was there. At some point in the show Castle will have to open up about his relationships some more with Kate.

Nicely done. Chapter 2 awaits!

Cheers,

Rini :D
nikkidog chapter 2 . 6/12/2011
I'm new to Castle FF but I really enjoy your writing.
124 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »