Reviews for Myopia
The-Sun-Princess chapter 1 . 11/21/2013
This reminded me of when i realized i needed glasses after having regular vision before the blurriness set in. I went through months of denial after getting them and spent my time stubbornly squinting at things and eating a buttload of carrots to get my vision back. Funnily enough, I was seven as well. And it didn't work.
delenda est c chapter 1 . 11/8/2013
Great story . Thank you .
Triple Rainbow chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
I like the last line a lot. "obviously it's good tape" haha! love it.
RagnarIsStillCrazy chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Very good.
Laughy-Taffy the Grape chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
I don't what you're talking about, I thought it was very interesting (though maybe it's because I've been through it and can see the memories in my brain from when it happened to me). But yeah, getting glasses was an amazing experience for me, it was just like "YES I CAN SEE." LOL. I am totally favoriteing this!
Phosphorescent chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
No, it's not boring! It's a realistic glimpse at Harry's life pre-Hogwarts and a character study. You've done an excellent job at capturing a young Harry's emotions and thoughts. Thanks for sharing it with us!
legendrarry chapter 1 . 8/26/2011
I don't quite have the right words to describe this properly, but I'll try.

This is so sweet and endearing that it makes my heart ache. It's beautifully written, particularly this part: "Twelve whole minutes in his possession and they're already broken, and the world is as blurry and dull as it's always been."

It really just sums things up perfectly.

Also, the last few lines make me smile like a lunatic. You write Harry's personality and innocence so well.

I don't often write reviews. In fact, I read for the first time a couple months ago. But after yesterday, when I found out I need glasses for myopia, I thought of this and just had to go back to it.

So yes. Long story short, this is amazing. I love it.
Lindellia chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
oh man this is the cutest thing i have read in ages! i love it and you have done a fantastic job writing it. Your writing style in really engaging and it was a pleasure to read. thanks for such a great story :D
crownthegoldfish chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
Dudley is a fat whale. Nice Job.
crownthegoldfish chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
Dudley is a fat whale. Nice Job.
Theamster chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
This was so good! I had never thought about Harry getting his glasses before we meet him. I felt punched in the gut when Dudley broke his glasses. You made me feel Harry's trauma too and the pain that comes from Dudley getting so much and getting away with so much.

Thanks for writing!
KMH1 chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
I really liked this. :) I, myself, don't need glasses, but the way you wrote this, I could imagine the stark differences of before and after.

Your characters were very well done and the way that Petunia talked to Harry was certainly easy to imagine. Poor kiddo. :(

I loved the last line though. Kids have amazing logic!
vikky-leigh chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
very good tape...you tell 'em, Harry
Jam is red sometimes chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
I like this its really good and pretty original too. Well done
Flotation Device chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
I love this :) Little Harry always makes me smile.