Reviews for For the Time Being: The Lodger
TimeTravellingThestral chapter 8 . 2/26/2012
Dazzling story! I enjoyed reading this quite a lot.
EDZEL2 chapter 8 . 11/10/2011
I really, really enjoyed this story - I love how seamlessly you've slotted the Master into every story so far and yet kept to the basic plot. Have you written The Eleventh Hour? 'Cos I'd love to read that!

Are you planning to do every episode? *hopes* That would be a mammoth project but so worth doing IMO!
aBlue Gillespian chapter 8 . 10/25/2011
Oh how dumb from me I should have guessed that the Master has a plans about the TARDIS like ship. The thing is I all but forgot that this ship was supposed to be TARDIS like. And I think for once I mirrored the Doctor here and get too comfortable with the Master being not friendly, but not too plotting evil too. Well is that s prove than no matter what we study or do a blonde is a blonde. Great last chapter, as ever you managed to leave you touch to anything you write, even if is rewriting episodes.
aBlue Gillespian chapter 7 . 10/25/2011
Oh god what is the Master up to now? Doesn't he realize that working with the Doctor would help him survive and get better as well. Sometimes he looks ready to do something stupid that would harm him or his plans just to spite the Doctor. I know in the original episode Sophie goes up the stairs too, but I wonder if this here was really the Master, or if she got tricked by the creature. And if it was the Master was it just for fun, or does he have something bigger in mind? I really like this rewrite of the episode. I usually don't read rewritten episodes unless there is some character that would grab me or it is really good written. And yours have both. Do you have more of the episodes or is it only this one you did so far?
aBlue Gillespian chapter 6 . 10/25/2011
Oh the Master get bored from being relatively friendly and decided to be mean towards poor Craig. I always thought that the Doctor had no right to meddle in Sophie's and Craig's lives but maybe it was for good after all. I like how you inserted the Master there too, so clueless about them wanting to be alone. Oh and the roll between him and the Doctor I just felt Luke helping the Master there by slapping the Doctor.
aBlue Gillespian chapter 5 . 10/24/2011
Oh poor Master even when the fiction has been humorous you have to make him suffer. I feel sorry for Craig too though, how did the Doctor manage to be that good always surprised me. But with Master trying to hypbotise Sophy and recieving the ball on the hrs was funny.
aBlue Gillespian chapter 4 . 10/24/2011
Oh you are good. Of course he knows all about football now tell him how to hold the racket Amy. Now you need to make him say that he supports Manchester unt. Then he would be totally hilarious. Should I even bother to start telling you what you did to my poor mind with the image of the Master singing in the shower? Well let's get it straight right now my mind is not in the gutter. My mind IS the gutter
aBlue Gillespian chapter 3 . 10/24/2011
Oh god don't even ask me hoe I managed to stop myself from laughing out hysterical in this chapter. I was in the tube. Oh the very image of the Master looking for socks. And Craig listening to the gibberish. And the socks translating as blood. You are doing great with this.
aBlue Gillespian chapter 2 . 10/24/2011
Aww the story started so funny, but now the Master is going to be ill again. :( . You know I like that episode, and I just love Craig I was happy to see him returning this season even if the episode was bad there were moment were Craig with his baby made it all worth. Craig for some reason reminds me of Rhys. The Lodger was great fun as an episode but now with the Master is even funnier. Rutmeister...Haha and is complicate was just so funny. I wish I could see the Master's face.
phantomviola chapter 8 . 9/21/2011
Wow, this was fantastic!

(I would say more, but I must now rush off to read the sequel :D)
phantomviola chapter 6 . 9/20/2011
"Never been abroad, Craig? France? Spain?"

"Nah – can't see the point of Spain," Craig shrugged.

"Nor could I," Kaiser's voice muttered distinctly.

Best line ever! Sorry I haven't reviewed any of the previous chapters, but I have to tell you that this story is absolutely fantastic.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/2/2011
I meant to comment on each chapter, but once I'd started I couldn't stop, so sorry about that! This is fabulous! Its one of my favourite Eleven stories and the addition of the Master only makes it funnier and scarier! I can't wait to read the rest of S5 and look forward to seeing how the Master and River Song will hit it off in S6!

I'm off to read the rest now...
LeonaWriter chapter 8 . 6/16/2011
I loved how realistically the relationship was shown. There was still so much animosity, and the thing the Master has about being called insane is the sort of thing to make you wince - just like if you're called a freak all the time, you can get used to it, but it's always going to sting, even if you throw it back at them.

Translating the conversation over the radio into real gibberish was pure WIN.
Ilssii-Koschei chapter 8 . 5/14/2011
No! Nononononono you don't, you can't do that! *thumps desk* What happened? Did you kill him? What's going to happen now? *bounces up and down with frustration* This reminds me of the way I felt towards RTD when he sent The Master back into the Time War (or maybe he didn't. Maybe he's dead. Or somewhere else. Do you see what I'm getting at though?).

Seriously, this is awesome enough to be canon. I don't half wish it was.
Ilssii-Koschei chapter 6 . 5/14/2011
You did mention that this chapte would be a little less light than the othes didn't you? But you could hae been plently angstier. I like it how it is though- it sets a nice balence to what's been written so far.