Reviews for Between Us Stands a Wall
Newsie4eva chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
I love it. The adults definitely need more attention, and understanding.
Poor Schrank.
Great work! :)
pleasantvalley chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Great work. :)

I love how you've fleshed out the character of Schrank and given the reader an insight on just how frustrating his job must be.

I can totally see why he would feel bitter and jaded by these gangs of young kids killing each other and you've captured his despair and resentment of the situation perfectly.

I really enjoyed reading your story.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
(Had a quick second to review)

Great story! The descriptions are very vivid and I like your insights.:)
Lady Amberjo chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
Oh, this is interesting. You don't see a lot of Schrank-fic.

This line, right here: "Oh, I don't know," the other said in resigned disgust. "It'd probably be the same no matter what group showed up. They're all the same; they've all got kids who want to get in on the gang action." I know you were pondering over how to deal with the racism issue, and that line does a nice job of implying that yeah, maybe he does fall into a "lousy Puerto Ricans messing up the city" kind of mindset, but that he also realizes, no, it's not just the Puerto Ricans, ALL people kind of suck...and that probably doesn't help him to feel any less cynical. And I think you did a good job capturing Schrank's speaking voice.

All in all, a very sympathetic look at a character who doesn't get a lot of sympathy.