Reviews for That Dreaded Question
Roschelle Templar chapter 1 . 8/17/2013
Decided to sneak this one in too. :)

I do like how you started it. Even though he seemed fine with wearing a full dress SeeD uniform, I could still see Squall loathing tuxedos. You know, I could picture the same for Laguna. I don't think Squall realizes at times how much they are probably alike...

Also I had to laugh at the idea of Squall not only planning and rehearsing what he was going to say, but also thinking about her potential reactions and so on. It is very in line with the methodical way he thinks about things.
But of course, that all goes out the window when actually faced with the situation itself. If there was one thing the game made clear, it's that Squall is truly out of his element in emotional situations. ;)

The fact that he actually starts his proposal with declaring that he doesn't want to be her boyfriend anymore...well that is a bit of your classic awkward Squall. Leave to him to turn a happy notion into a something a little dreadful as he finds the worst possible way to word it. :)
Speaking of which, yeah, it does seem like Squall would have one of those kinds of voices and demeanors that somehow manages to always sound snarky even if he isn't trying to be. Thankfully Rinoa seems to know when to ignore it. :)

The rest of it was light and sweet, but that works well for a short fic like this.
All in all, another great little romantic one-shot. I might have to go for one of your multichapter fics some time.

PS I do love the cover art you have for these short Squinoa bits. It captures the fun of their relationships well. :)
NordicBeauty chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
LOL
l0v3s1ckf00l chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
omg this is so cute and well written! amazing job here!
kouhaixsempai chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Aww how sweet. The things on the parenthesis had me laughing a bit too. nice mix of romance and a little bit of humor. Great job :)
PaigeL chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
That was great. I laughed out loud a couple of times. It was cute and sweet and very well written, and the characters are right on considering you haven't played the game. Well good job it was a good read! :)
Niqsta chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Teehee! That was very cute. I love how Squall messed up there, he sure has a way with words, doesn't he? :P

Very good attempt for someone that has never played the game, I wouldn't have noticed had you not stated it.

Keep it up!

-Niqsta
KittyKatt357 chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
O my Gosh! I laughed so many times! And I kida wanted to throw something (like a balled up napkin) at Squall's head for messing his words up.
redmangobliss95 chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
Nice :) You never played FF8 too... GG.
MonMonCandie chapter 1 . 4/29/2011
Oh gosh, you have no idea how entertaining that was. XD I kinda got the idea when I read the summary, but then your opening quote made take a step back. LOL But I'm glad everything came out good in the end! :3 You've never played Final Fantasy, but this is pretty spot on! Especially Squall; I loved him in this. Especially when he was trying to break the news to Rinoa. I couldn't stop smiling. He was so awkward with his words and then he felt relieved when he kinda said the wrong thing. LOL That was awesome! XD

There's just a few spelling mistakes (very little). I think it should be "She had decided not to mention it..." instead of "She had decided not to mentioned, but by the time that the desserts..." and "enthousiasm" should be "enthusiasm." :)

But other than that, awesome job! I hope exams are going well for you and hope to hear from you soon!