Reviews for Trials and Tribulations
Warbird571 chapter 11 . 12/19/2014
It's always great to see an update!

The heart to heart chat between Scorpion an Sub Zero was nice, and I like how you shaped Scorpion's backstory it seems good enough to be canon actually. And Sub Zero getting jealous was actually interesting to read, even though I'd think she's not the sort to, I would still say you portrayed her jealousy pretty maturely, it didn't seem like a scene from an annoying chick flick so hats of to you :)

Good to see Sareena will be re-entering the picture soon, I'd been wondering why she was so absent despite her change of alignment.

To be completely honest it was kind of a slow chapter, but that's not such a huge deal. I hope we see more things happening in the coming chapters and not necessarily fighting, but more in terms of intrigue and plot twists.
Anyway, on the whole, good job and looking forward to the next one. And I wish you much with the things that have kept you busy :)
Guest chapter 10 . 10/7/2014
Please… update… it would be so awesome… I WANR TO SEE MOAR!
Warbird571 chapter 10 . 9/22/2014
It seems that I forgot to review this first time around :/
Oh well, better late than never. So I'm just gonna post a review now :P
Okay, so I like the concept of Kenshi's senses not balancing out because it adds an interesting dimension to his character which can lead to some really good writing.

I also like the dynamic between Ryu and Sub Zero because the maternal love she has for him is very touching and proves to humanise Sub Zero further as it proves her ability to love anything other than Scorpion and in a different way (let's ignore that they're brothers :P)

Oh how I love fortune teller scenes because they can provide such fun foreshadowing for what's to come next. Though in this case, it seemed pretty vague, however the impact it had on Sub Zero is important and I'm happy that you were able to convey her frustrations properly.

And lastly, YAY! Scorpion and Sub Zero made up. Though it seems a little OOC to have Scorpion being the first one to say sorry, but I don't really care, because I'm just so happy that the two of them are getting back on track -
Skynote chapter 10 . 8/10/2014
Interesting, so other characters are having problems as well... I was uncomfortable at imagining being in Ermac's position, what with the emotions and thoughts of all the souls inside him hardly being controlled... the thought of it alone seems maddening (if anything, I personally find Kenshi's and Ermac's problems worse than Sub-Zero's powers failing...).

Heh, I'm a sucker for the classic "fortune-teller lady" scenes in any story. I liked Sub-Zero's initial skeptism, though I'm kind of surprised the fortune lady never mentioned anything about Sub-Zero's sex-change, lol. Curious as to how the events in the story may/may not lead up to the vision we were shown here. And actually, will we eventually learn Quan Chi's motives for turning Subs female or is that forever meant to remain mysterious?

And at last, we have Scorpion/Sub-Zero interaction ;) Small argument between them was justified, times are pretty stressful for them both.

There were minor grammar mistakes I caught, but other than that, good read :)
Skynote chapter 9 . 6/12/2014
No worries, I saw nothing more than good friendship on Taven and Sub-Zero's parts. I like the fact that you gave the small deatail of Sonya holding a grudge against Raiden because he went kind of nuts in the last story; it's true to her character. Liu Kang is also catching my attention now, tension between him and Subs.

The ending line of this chapter kind of caught me off guard, though. Sub-Zero seems a little naive to think everything would be all right, because based on all the events that happened in this chapter, it seems quite the opposite.
Warbird571 chapter 9 . 6/5/2014
It's really good to see an update! I like the direction things are heading in, but my advice would be to not flood the plot with so many issues in one go, because it might become difficult to fully develop each one although you're doing a good job so far :)

I'm really happy to see that you're depicting a close friendship between Sub-Zero and Taven because every interaction a character has with another doesn't need to ooze with sexual tension and can be just as fulfilling if it's platonic.

Anyway, overall good job and keep up the good work :D
angel chapter 8 . 5/6/2014
nice story.
Skynote chapter 8 . 4/2/2014
Holy crap, I hadn't even realized this had been updated! Completely flew over my head...

Once again, though, great chapter. Your writing style is concise and well detailed, and I'm glad to see Ermac appear, along with the discussion of this "dragon amulet". I forgot that Ermac in your story refers to himself in "I" form... considering Sub-Zero was the one who persuaded him to do so, yes? Also, unmasked Ermac, eh? Can't even picture him having a face, since I'm so used to his mummy wraps, haha. Also, good reasoning for Kenshi wearing the blindfold still - similar to Ermac's face, I really can't picture him without it... because the blindfold is what makes him Kenshi.

And Scorpion is back in the house, yay ;D Although, this is ironically where the negative side of my review comes, because the ending of this chapter rung a little weak. Right when we got to Scorpion's introduction, the details became a little bare bones compared to the rest of this chapter.

This is the first time we see Scorpion in the sequel and it's a fairly tense scene with him being all angry, Sub-Zero talking to him, and voting for Bi Han's fate... I don't think it would've hurt to have elaborated more on the details, describing the body language of Scorpion to better illustrate his rage, or delving more into Sub-Zero's train of thought at the moment, people's shock at Liu's decision... The writing in that section seemed rushed and became more telling than showing, so the conclusion of this chapter ended more with a whimper than a bang.

Of course, I expect Scorpion's vote will be elaborated on in the next chapter, along with many other things. This chapter is still good, nonetheless, it's simply the last scene that may need some editing. Keep it up!
Dr. MKDemigodX2 chapter 8 . 1/20/2014
whoa..."what a twist?" nuff said.
SpeedyJones chapter 8 . 1/20/2014
Another excellent chapter. I look forward to more in the future. :)
ElfDavis chapter 7 . 1/5/2014
Great chapter! For some reason, one of my favorite parts is when Johnny Cage called Raiden 'badass'. Because yes...yes he is! XD

Can't wait for more. This has taken a surprising turn, and I'm so excited for what's next.
Skynote chapter 7 . 1/5/2014
I’m intrigued about this whole “Bi Han returning” plot device, and if it really is him or some imposter from the antagonist’s side, etc. The plot is progressing along and seems to be picking up pace; through the bits of humor the story holds, you can still detect a fairly ominous undertone, and I eagerly wonder what awaits the cast.

One of the highlights in this chapter for me was female!Sub-Zero's characterization. Granted, it's been a highlight of the story in general, as I love how you write Sub-Zero – the character still possesses traits male Subs would have, but then there’s a side that female Sub-Zero has evolved into/traits male Sub-Zero concealed. I appreciate how we saw her internal struggle in this chapter, what with coming face-to-face with her bro, who is seemingly alive and whole. You demonstrated Sub-Zero’s merciful characteristics, but not without her cold and assertive Grandmaster attitude. I loved the balance you created, and how you ended the chapter on a fairly tense note.

It's also cool to see they're all back at the base (which is the other highlight of this chapter). In FAWPOV, we really didn't get much description of the base, it was just there. Here I'm very glad you gave more visual info and how they've added more features and traps and all that. It adds more depth to the environment.

The one gripe I have is how you glazed over the section where Bi Han finds out that female!Sub-Zero is Kuai Liang. It was very brief, and I nearly didn’t catch it, but then it caught me off guard. I would’ve assumed Bi Han would be much more skeptical at the fact that some woman claimed to be his brother-turned-female, considering you had mentioned how the Lin Kuei in Bi Han’s time enforced the mindset to “never trust anyone”, as quoted from this chapter. I’m actually half-wondering if Bi Han really doesn’t believe it, and just decided to go along with it for the sake of all the other over-whelming things that have happened to him in a short span of time…

It didn’t bother me too much, although I don’t think it would’ve hurt to have fleshed out that scene a bit more, to illustrate Bi Han’s character better (not that you already haven’t fleshed out Bi Han. For one chapter, he’s already a pretty memorable character for me, and there’s likely still more to come with him).

Other than that, this is probably my favorite chapter to date. The character interactions are great, and I look forward to seeing the rest of the cast make their appearance. Happy writing :)
MortalKombatFan chapter 5 . 12/9/2013
"We're going to see our favorite blind warrior." I though Kenshi received his sight from Sub Zero' s wish?
Guest chapter 6 . 10/31/2013
It's damn near refreshing to see a story with CORRECT spelling and punctuation for a change. Praise the Lord.

However, the "Z" in Sub-Zero is always capitalized.
Dr. MKDemigodX2 chapter 6 . 10/31/2013
OMFG, it the original sub-zero, but how did he get back to normal and where smoke? Is this will be explained in the next chapter?