Reviews for Trials and Tribulations
Oh snap no more lin kuie what are we gonna do gasp no seriously nice chapter wb
moonlight3vampire chapter 12 . 12/12/2015
must finish. i love this story
Guest chapter 12 . 11/19/2015
I really enjoy this story I'm glad you continued or made a sequel to your other story I wish you luck In finishing it
ArcaneEsper chapter 12 . 11/15/2015
Ayyy, you're back! Good to see an update and wow what an action-packed one at that. You're very good at writing action, that's for sure, but I felt that bit with Liu Kang was a bit out of place, because Raiden shows up in a somewhat similar fashion which feels a tad repetitive.

Smart move by having Kenshi's senses work into the situation. I feel very few writers actually use those senses in relation to anything. And this is purely a preference deal, but I like that Ermac was in the know of the ritual's price. Ermac seems like the sort of character who'd be aware of a lot but only ever bring it up when it's absolutely necessary.

Just a heads up, but you need to focus a bit on Taven's characterisation. As it stands, he comes off as very sue-ish. You're a good writer so I'm sure if you choose to expand on him you'd do a good job.

Dear God do I feel bad for Ryu. Having your mind manipulated so much is bound to leave it's scars.

But all in all, good to see you back with a bang and looking forward to when you update next. And also, you don't need to apologise for the spaced out updates, that's a lot more preferable to several rushed updates.

Take care and happy writing!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/12/2015
Wow all the way from 2011were you in jail or what lol jk
MKDemigodZ-Warrior chapter 12 . 11/12/2015
Well well, welcome back! Things are getting a bit deceptive with the good guys. I'm not sure if Python is making them not trust each other, but hopefully things will be better.
DeadQueenOsiris chapter 11 . 11/10/2015
Hey can you continue this I want see what happens to ryu also are you preferring to ryu from street fighter
DeadQueenOsiris chapter 11 . 11/9/2015
I loved this along with the other two its really hard to find good fanfics like this
genesicgaogaigarvsgodgundam chapter 1 . 4/16/2015
nice job
ArcaneEsper chapter 11 . 12/19/2014
It's always great to see an update!

The heart to heart chat between Scorpion an Sub Zero was nice, and I like how you shaped Scorpion's backstory it seems good enough to be canon actually. And Sub Zero getting jealous was actually interesting to read, even though I'd think she's not the sort to, I would still say you portrayed her jealousy pretty maturely, it didn't seem like a scene from an annoying chick flick so hats of to you :)

Good to see Sareena will be re-entering the picture soon, I'd been wondering why she was so absent despite her change of alignment.

To be completely honest it was kind of a slow chapter, but that's not such a huge deal. I hope we see more things happening in the coming chapters and not necessarily fighting, but more in terms of intrigue and plot twists.
Anyway, on the whole, good job and looking forward to the next one. And I wish you much with the things that have kept you busy :)
Guest chapter 10 . 10/7/2014
Please… update… it would be so awesome… I WANR TO SEE MOAR!
ArcaneEsper chapter 10 . 9/22/2014
It seems that I forgot to review this first time around :/
Oh well, better late than never. So I'm just gonna post a review now :P
Okay, so I like the concept of Kenshi's senses not balancing out because it adds an interesting dimension to his character which can lead to some really good writing.

I also like the dynamic between Ryu and Sub Zero because the maternal love she has for him is very touching and proves to humanise Sub Zero further as it proves her ability to love anything other than Scorpion and in a different way (let's ignore that they're brothers :P)

Oh how I love fortune teller scenes because they can provide such fun foreshadowing for what's to come next. Though in this case, it seemed pretty vague, however the impact it had on Sub Zero is important and I'm happy that you were able to convey her frustrations properly.

And lastly, YAY! Scorpion and Sub Zero made up. Though it seems a little OOC to have Scorpion being the first one to say sorry, but I don't really care, because I'm just so happy that the two of them are getting back on track -
Skynote chapter 10 . 8/10/2014
Interesting, so other characters are having problems as well... I was uncomfortable at imagining being in Ermac's position, what with the emotions and thoughts of all the souls inside him hardly being controlled... the thought of it alone seems maddening (if anything, I personally find Kenshi's and Ermac's problems worse than Sub-Zero's powers failing...).

Heh, I'm a sucker for the classic "fortune-teller lady" scenes in any story. I liked Sub-Zero's initial skeptism, though I'm kind of surprised the fortune lady never mentioned anything about Sub-Zero's sex-change, lol. Curious as to how the events in the story may/may not lead up to the vision we were shown here. And actually, will we eventually learn Quan Chi's motives for turning Subs female or is that forever meant to remain mysterious?

And at last, we have Scorpion/Sub-Zero interaction ;) Small argument between them was justified, times are pretty stressful for them both.

There were minor grammar mistakes I caught, but other than that, good read :)
Skynote chapter 9 . 6/12/2014
No worries, I saw nothing more than good friendship on Taven and Sub-Zero's parts. I like the fact that you gave the small deatail of Sonya holding a grudge against Raiden because he went kind of nuts in the last story; it's true to her character. Liu Kang is also catching my attention now, tension between him and Subs.

The ending line of this chapter kind of caught me off guard, though. Sub-Zero seems a little naive to think everything would be all right, because based on all the events that happened in this chapter, it seems quite the opposite.
Warbird571 chapter 9 . 6/5/2014
It's really good to see an update! I like the direction things are heading in, but my advice would be to not flood the plot with so many issues in one go, because it might become difficult to fully develop each one although you're doing a good job so far :)

I'm really happy to see that you're depicting a close friendship between Sub-Zero and Taven because every interaction a character has with another doesn't need to ooze with sexual tension and can be just as fulfilling if it's platonic.

Anyway, overall good job and keep up the good work :D