Reviews for The Fire You Touch
Lily Luna Snape Riddle chapter 1 . 10/21/2009
oh are snape and Aeryn going to get back together again?
troesnaja chapter 24 . 4/20/2009
Hello, as you know I am rereading this. Sotl is my all time favourite movie! I find it a bit strange that not more suspicions arose after the incident in Snapes classroom though... a bit ooc imho... And also a bit more explenation about the berserkers mead would have been nice.
troesnaja chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
Hello, I am not sure if you are still around and will receive this review. I know this story is quite old. I read it a few years ago and it has always hauntingly stayed with me. Its one of the best most touching hp stories I have read. Hermione and Snape are my favourite characters. I would have liked a sequewl very much though to see what would have happened to Aeryn and Snape in the future... I really hope that you have done something with your writing skills because you are quite good.
Vanafindiel chapter 41 . 7/10/2006
Brilliant.
SandraSmit19 chapter 41 . 12/24/2005
I loved it. Never has any story evoked such emotion in me, I have laughed, cried and raged while reading this. And after I was done I cursed the fact that you would no longer be writing it. I adored it, and I would have loved it if you had continued writing, starting at the beginning of Prisoner of Azkaban, following the story lines, at Hogwarts. I know you began to write a sequel but it didn't really continue this story, did it?. I would offer to continue writing it myself but I don't know if you would agree to that. Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Aeryn. What a team. You're one hell of a writer.
Jader chapter 13 . 8/19/2005
that is just weird. 3 years before HBP came out, you wrote about a necklace that once belonged to salazar slytherin
Jader chapter 32 . 8/18/2005
I love how you've made the sequence of events your own through minor changes: Lockhart getting the diary instead of Ginny, Snape introducing the possibility of mutants causing the attacks, Aeryn stealing the diary, etc. Great story!
Sopchoppy chapter 41 . 8/10/2005
I enjoyed your story, it moved me. I wish you good health and good fortune.
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 39 . 6/12/2005
Order of the Founders?

Aeryn's just run away with you here. When first introduced, she was a cleaning lady, not perfectly beautiful, quirky and interesting.

Now she's Special and Saving the School and the Lust Object of every male in the vicinity. Owch.
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 33 . 6/12/2005
Emerald-green, jade-green, and bottle-green eyes? Please, make up your mind. The Snapemance is also rather irritating, but I suppose that's because it's a cliche that I've seen many times before, and IMO Snape shouldn't be any damsel's chivalrous knight. And I notice you've copied many lines from CoS. I know it's inevitable and you've done a pretty good job so far, but your OC is horning in on the spotlight and a far bit of this is straight-copied, which isn't good. Not sure I like Aeryn being 'better' than Ginny (she's only been in the magical world a year despite her age), or her figuring out the basilisk and the energy-drain. You also have her essentially winning the battle in this chapter, which takes away from the canon characters.

Or Tom's "fighter" remarks. I mean, must EVERY older male act like the standard moustache-twirling rapist villain towards Aeryn? Tom's only fifteen or so and I think Voldemort's more interested in conquering the world than in sex. I could forgive LustPotion!Snape, but Lockhart as well is going a bit far. He's obsessed with himself, not pretty students. Rapist villains can be...tempting to write about, IMO, but lusting after the gorgeous heroine is a Sue-sign, and the standards for OCs are a bit higher than originalfic.

Liked Tom's line about Lockhart, "the silly troubles of an egomaniac". A really interesting choice, to switch villains, and one that I like for its uniqueness.

The completely evil Lockhart? Far, FAR OOC. Lockhart uses low-risk Memory Charms, not anything that could place him in serious trouble. He's not going to try anything so risky. While better him than Snape, as a black-hearted villain Lockhart's not himself. He'll let horrible evil happen because he looks away in cowardice, but he won't do the horrible evil himself, especially if it'd mess up his hair.
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 30 . 6/12/2005
Not sure I like the OC accomplishing something that our heroes were able to do themselves in canon, but I rather liked the Riddle/Aeryn exchange. I'm not sure Tom was entirely IC-he seemed 'evil' rather than as sympathetic as he seemed to most readers, with diction perhaps rather too advanced for the fifteen-year-old schoolboy, but it was very creepy.
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 27 . 6/11/2005
Okay. I was wrong. Points for not having a wildly OOC Snape. Points taken off, however, for an awesomely beautiful OFC desired by both the villain and the Brooding!Byronic!Hero Snape.

I think Aeryn would be a little squicked, at this point, to cry into Snape's arms...

Interesting fic. :) I'm not so sure about the excessive wizarding prejudice against mutants; it seems an ability more like the Animagus transformation or Metamorphagus (useful abilities that can be used for good or evil) than lycanthropy (infectious) or Parseltongue (used by Dark Wizards), and as such I'd assume the wizarding world wouldn't object. After all, Dumbledore's exceptional magic abilities enabling him to do things other wizards can't and Harry Potter's talents tend to be praised.
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 22 . 6/11/2005
This is not the Snape I know. What happened to him? If he was trying to kill someone or silence them, I'd assume he was competent enough to do a good job at least. And that he would rape a student, or be described as 'mad'...he is not a nice person, no, and he does have quite a temper at times, but the person written here isn't Snape at all, and it's really starting to get to me.
Of Fourty chapter 3 . 6/11/2005
I know you probably don't even use this e-mail account anymore... it has been three years, after all.

But I just couldn't keep myself from saying something. This story has moved me so much... I was in tears by the end. And that is high praise indeed from an old coot like me.

I'm sorry you've drifted away from fanfiction... hopefully you have a published novel, somewhere.

Cheers to you, dear.
Blue-Inked Frost chapter 14 . 6/11/2005
Okay, this is extremely well written, and I'm very interested in finishing this.

However, naming her 'Aeryn' was a major turn-off for me, and the Snape-lust is, IMO, ridiculous. As a teacher, Snape stays within the letter of the rules, and for him to even consider a student as a romantic prospect is, IMO, ridiculous.

Interesting story, and one I'm following, aside from the Snape-OOCness. And though Aeryn has Mary-Sueish qualities, such as the name, I actually like her.
50 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »