Reviews for Checkmate
WTF
Mw chapter 1 . 8/17/2012
This is really good
xX Yuki Tora Xx chapter 1 . 2/5/2012
Aww that's so good please write another chapter or another oneshot to go with it!
krissy0328 chapter 1 . 10/27/2011
what the hell
JohanneJ chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
so awesome :D
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
That was a neat little twist to the story. Well written. I like how the game of Shogi changed into a game of words, etc.

I'm surprised you don't have more reviews than this. I'll just have to add another one to your collection.
Shikara Alien chapter 1 . 6/23/2011
Awww i love it keep going (: i wanna know what happens!
Singing Sea chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Please write a second part to this. This is my absolute favorite pairing but it's so rare. Most of the Asuma/Shikamaru fics are very short and/or very depressing. I liked your story very much and I especially liked your Shikamaru. He is a difficult character to write but you got him very well. Most people don't. And I liked the pace and tone of your writing, too.

So, please,continue this, if you can. Maybe something with a happy end (if I may be so bold)? This pairing sure deserves it.
cosmosduvet chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
I want a part 2. Please? :)
Blackandwhiteangel13 chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
Oh where's part 2!
AngelTalion chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
NOT FAIR! He woke up... GAH but he wants it to sthat hi sa start yeah? where's the rest? BWAHAHAHAHA
ghjtrebl chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Nice story, I like how it ended up as just one big dream, and how we don't get to see Asuma's reaction. Also, now we know how old Shikamaru and Naruto are in 'There's a light'!

I have to ask: How is this a prequel? I mean, I don't see anything related to the story, not even NarutoxShikamaru. Unless in the future of 'There's a light' Asuma will start pining for Shikamaru, in which case I can' wait!