Reviews for Honestly Harry - Getting to Hogwarts
ThunderClaw03 chapter 2 . 9/22
Professor McGonagall is a true lioness who protects and nurtures Her cubs to the best of her ability.
noylj chapter 4 . 9/3
"You're (You are) mother, Lily..."
Really? Try Your.
Well, your Poppy is almost as useless as canon. No outrage over the abuse? No calling the DMLE? Just a note for Bumbles?
BillBrink chapter 80 . 7/15
I don't care what other people think about you spending 80 chapters for 4 weeks of HP's summer (esp. since the last week he was in a coma:), I think it was great, innovative, and laid a solid foundation for the remaining saga. With the story mainly centering around HP/GW and the development of their bond, I wondered how you could bring Hermiony into their relationship, but your plot contained enough twists and tension that it resolved smoothly. I don't believe I have ever read another story that spent quite as much time on preparing for Hogwarts, yet you did it in a way that was never boring, but entertaining and, unbelievably, fast paced. Thank you for doing it.
BillBrink chapter 35 . 7/14
This story has hit me in so many different ways that I feel compelled to comment even before the end. I like stories that ship Harry with almost any girl (exceptions; older women - Minerva, UGH!, death eaters or munchers, and OCs), especially Hermione, but I have drifted away from Ginny primarily due do when he is shipped with her, Hermione is shipped with Ron (gag me with a spoon). In addition, Ginny is so often pictured as the ultimate fan girl, gold digger, or just plain nutty obsessed girl, that the character is not thought of favorably any longer. However, I know that is not right, especially with the way she is in canon. This story is refreshingly different in it's approach and I can easily see how your Ginny and Rolling's can merge as the same girl (She didn't really give Ginny much attention until the very end.) I love this approach. You are not making Ron a thief, Ginny a fan girl, or Albus a crooked manipulator. Thank you for doing it.
I did completely
Flametusk chapter 73 . 4/4
I know the song that could be used to defeat moldyshorts! "Die" from RWBY volume 2. I also wonder what would happen if he sang Time To Say Goodbye, or This Will Be the Day. I don't think I Burn would be a good song. Red Like Roses part 2 may take him to Godric's Hollow.
thanatos's-shadow chapter 42 . 3/16
Really enjoyed the not so subtle shot at Lockhart. Lol
Tomascatts chapter 62 . 2/25
I don't blame Harry for leaving, after all why should he get punished for accidental magic that he can't control it's what the Dursleys did to him
Merlinherk chapter 69 . 11/21/2016
Great story
PwnerofHeroes chapter 7 . 11/17/2016
good story, the height of harry is a bit off even wizards would have noticed that he was the size of a 7 year old
Guest chapter 2 . 8/2/2016
oh comon, he has been emotionally abused for as long as he can remember, friendless and shunned, that tends to make one withdrawn rather than blabbing their entire lifestory out of thin air.
mckertis chapter 3 . 8/4/2016
3 chapters in and still not a single character in sight. Just some cardboard cut-outs...
at-nightfall chapter 1 . 4/26/2016
Britpicking:
- In the UK, the term "public school" is equivalent to the US "expensive private school", usually a boarding school. It would be better to use the term "state school". Hogwarts would be a "public school" in British use of the language.
Bella MNR chapter 70 . 4/17/2016
Why do you keep accidentally calling the weasley twins "Gred" & "Forge"?
Bella MNR chapter 49 . 4/16/2016
ok, I looked at your profile and figured it out, this is a really good story, keep up the great work!