Reviews for Honestly Harry - Getting to Hogwarts
at-nightfall chapter 1 . 4/26
Britpicking:
- In the UK, the term "public school" is equivalent to the US "expensive private school", usually a boarding school. It would be better to use the term "state school". Hogwarts would be a "public school" in British use of the language.
Bella MNR chapter 70 . 4/17
Why do you keep accidentally calling the weasley twins "Gred" & "Forge"?
Bella MNR chapter 49 . 4/16
ok, I looked at your profile and figured it out, this is a really good story, keep up the great work!
Bella MNR chapter 48 . 4/16
Just out of curiosity why does time go so slow in this story? I noticed it's been like 20 (give or take a few) chapters since Ron left and he was only supposed to be gone a week, and I'm wondering how you plan on making all seven years at Hogwarts, or even if that is what you are going to do. (This is not a flame or whatever that's called I am just a bit confused) anyway, great story, your doing really well, keep up the good work!
ThunderClaw03 chapter 64 . 3/18
I'm sure Molly got quite the shock from that loaded bullet. How's the rest of the family going to take it.
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 80 . 3/18
Pretty good, kind of weird to have basically a book length intro, but it's a decent piece. I think I'm going to give rest of the series a go.
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 45 . 3/17
Oh, nice! After lackluster reaction of parents to their little girls almost getting murdered in front of them i thought the whole incident was just used to show off Harry's talent and create a lasting tie to Hermione. Really thought the whole double murder attempt would receive no more attention.
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 42 . 3/17
Pretty sure everyone were expecting that line since "There was currently only a single muggle family in the store" seeing as Grangers are pretty much the only muggle family worth mentioning in hpverse(besides Dursleys, but they are unlikely to show up on the magical side)
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 39 . 3/17
Dang, still waiting for someone to burrow The Luggage from Diskworld into a HP fanfic, maybe next fic i read. Shrinking, bigger on the inside trunks are just way overused in fanon and way too often they end up becoming a story breaking deus ex machina that is guaranteed to contain the perfect solution to every problem. I don't think it will happen with this fic, but way too often a story goes down the drain due to overuse of this exact plot device.
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 3 . 3/16
After the story left Hagrid and Dumbledore to discuss things i half expected the headmaster to show up with a shiner. After all Hagrid brought Harry to dumbles and this is the result he discovered a decade later.
Other than that Harry seems to push all the right buttons for the Poor Pitiful Orphan look with perfect timing.
r2k-in-the-vortex chapter 2 . 3/16
Hagrid that who doesn't talk like he is as thick as a brick? What sorcery is this? Dare i hope this wizarding world is not filled with complete idiots or should i not get my hopes up after all? We'll see, onwards to the story.
Thisisaprettylongusername chapter 1 . 1/29
Is this story a rewrite of Harry potter and fate's debt? It's pretty similar, but much longer, more of it, and it's better written.
Gandalf's Beard chapter 28 . 1/24
I have been enjoying this story overall (despite a few reservations not really worth going into), but I really do not understand why Harry would be punished for accidental magic, nor why he would be expected to make Finite Incantatem work without a wand. None of that really makes any sense at all.
Man of Constant Sorrow chapter 58 . 1/20
Can I have the actual recipe for the cheese and onion pie? Never heard of it, but id like to try it out
AvidReader chapter 68 . 12/27/2015
This is my second reading of this wonderful saga. Thouh it's still ongoing, it's been several years since my first reading.

I noticed an odd typo several chapters back but, now that it's repeated again here I thought I ought to mention it. Five times back in chapter 63 and twice here in 68 you referred to an "arraigned marriage." I believe you really meant those to be references to an "arranged marriage" since any variation on "arraignment" has to do with formal judicial proceedings. Unless these are a tounge-in-cheek commentary on marriage as a judicial punishment? ;-)