Reviews for A New Dawn
mistbornlax chapter 31 . 1/10
Ok, now you've done it!

You want to send Mr. "I am a trigger happy bastard" Greer with Daniel? Damned, Daniel is a peaceful scientist (sure he fights when he needs to, but I don't see him accepting soldiers who think civilians are a lower form of life that only exist so that they can do the menial tasks so that the military can fight and who can and will be threatened and/or held at gun-point if they raise a stink!) not an "I want to be Rambo"!

Frankly Greer (and Everett, too) should be dishonorable discharged at best, court martialed at worst!

greetings LAX
mistbornlax chapter 3 . 1/10
Hey,

interesting story, but:

Everett didn't hold anything together! In fact that man was one of the most volatile on bord of the Destiny (how he got to Colonel is something I really want know!), without him Rush and the other could have figured things out way sooner! Hell, the guy was boinking someone under his command and seemingly hadn't heard of condoms or a vasectomy! Not to mention that he couldn't control his trigger happy sergeant!
Everett is a menace and shouldn't command anything, hell I wouldn't allow him to take care of a damned goldfish!

Till later (I'll read on now!)
Petzkin chapter 74 . 1/6
Having read this story in a week, i was amazed..
The potential of humanity and the hope of mankinds good will is so strong its almost naive. I wish it would all play out like this in reality, bringing humanity to the stars within our lifetime, id like to live on a planet of another star..

There were a LOT of typos, i suggest spellchecker ;)

I liked how you managed to bring in alot of the characters and races and stories from the past.

Super-kudos for the imagination and the detail to military operations (although it was tedious to read and i skipped a lot of the groundforce battle det
stephenopolos chapter 59 . 12/18/2017
Would've been funnier for them to steal the moon instead... Deathstar anyone? Build a ship that is essentially a giant hyperspace engine and latch onto the moon and then disappear with it.
jozsa.elod chapter 74 . 8/26/2017
A brilliant storry! Enjoyed every word of it. would recommend to every Stargate fan. if you watched the all 17 year series of stargate and found yourself devastated bc there was no ending to it, THIS STORRY IS A MIT READ OR U! A big thanks to the writer! Hope you write us similar amazing stories!
Guest chapter 47 . 8/19/2017
We miss you man. Hope all is well!
trekki859 chapter 1 . 6/13/2017
wow. I step back to this gem of a story and I have to say what the hell is wrong with everyone? this is easily one of the best story's in the fandom. if you have a problem with it don't read the damn thing.
Player42 chapter 1 . 4/7/2017
USA has 300,000,000 citizens not 700,000,000..
WildKhaine chapter 60 . 4/2/2017
You know, I really like this story for the most part though it has a few problems here and there. One of them is the absurd amount of Eli wank going on, which is extremely undeserved. Never watched much of Universe but all I remember the guy doing was solving a puzzle in a video game. You're writing depicts him like some perfect wonder boy/second coming of Christ and then have him act like a child with his bragging/shoving his achievements (which aren't even his but given to him by Janus mostly) in Mckay's face. I'm pretty much skipping through any portion with Eli even mentioned because it's just plain boring and annoying.

The next big problem would definitely have to be with the way you portray the Tau'ri. You tend to portray them as this great, benevolent entity then not much later have them act like bullies and hypocrites. Take this chapter for example. While I don't necessarily disagree with their response, a great and benevolent society like you're trying to make the Tau'ri out to be wouldn't just end life on planet. I just have to wonder, besides the enemy Jaffa on the planet how many women and children were on that planet? I highly doubt there was absolutely no presence other than enemy combatants there. What about the humans Jaffa use as labor? So you had the Tau'ri wipe out a planet, most likely full of civilians/non-combatants and make it seem like a great thing.

Anyway, despite these flaws I find the rest of the story very enjoyable.
A Reader chapter 23 . 1/10/2017
I just found this story and while I think you have the tau'ri gaining to much to fast I do like it I just hope one thing please do not give control of the space craft of the tau'ri over to the Navy space is the jurisdiction of the Air Force not the Navy.
nestregge chapter 36 . 12/19/2016
That was pretty good the way you save the farmers, but why didn't they just beam them up.
nestregge chapter 35 . 12/14/2016
An M-1 Abrams could fit though the gate.
nestregge chapter 32 . 12/6/2016
Stargates can't connect if they are in the same solar system, they would have the same address.
nestregge chapter 28 . 12/3/2016
I'm glad to see someone else use the rediculously obvious method for dealing with a group of intruders to Destiny's gate room.
Anony-mouse chapter 20 . 10/30/2016
Okay that hit between mckay and zelenka Did make me laugh, but some of the other dialoge was a bit stiff. I forgot there was another city ship out there.
1,324 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »