Reviews for Prologue
Daisy Pennifold chapter 11 . 10/30/2013
This was wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing.
Scherherazade chapter 11 . 5/31/2012
I love, love, love this story. Beautifully written with Lee, Kara and even Bill Adama so in character it is a completely believable prequel to the series. In fact it fits in what I always imagined in regards to these two star crossed lovers. Right from the beginning of the mini series Lee and Kara had so much chemistry. That even though as a child I had watched the old BSG series I completely accepted Starbuck being a woman instead of a man.

Every time they were on screen together the deep connection seemed obvious and the passion barely held in check. Although I loved the miniseries and the wonderful characters created in the show the Apollo/Starbuck pairing is a huge part of what kept me tuning in each week until the writers/ producers of the show just wore me out with it never happening.

To me their connection was so strong it defined soul mates. Whether or not that was your intent with this story that's what I saw and had always imagined is that from day one they would have recognized each other and would have been nearly helplessly drawn together. My heart just ached as I read your story, as it portrayed their longing and desire for one another.

Well done, this one is definitely on my favorites list.
eridani chapter 11 . 5/20/2012
Fabulous- I think this is one of my favourite pre-mini stories I've read. Often I find pre-mini stories are all about overwhelming attraction and torrid sex and then a veritable avalanche of angst. This seemed more than that though, and I think it's because you wrote with restraint. For example, the morning Kara wakes up with Lee in Carolanne Adama's house, their terse conversation on the porch was good, but that bit where Lee's confused and then see her leave and pours her cup of coffee down the sink was amazing,. It was subtle but conveyed a lot about the precarious position Lee and Kara were in a the time. Thanks!
ddt73 chapter 11 . 5/12/2011
Great stuff in last chapter and this chapter. I agree an epilogue was necessary. The last one ended suddenly and the story needed a little catharsis I felt. It made the overall story that way.

Very well done. I think your telling of this story could be true. Nothing glaringly unbelievable. You stayed within the story and the characters and told a realistic story.

Good job.
Serrafina chapter 11 . 5/12/2011
I didn't read this story when I first saw it because I grow weary of pre-mini fic, but I really enjoyed this one. You have a marvelous attention to detail that is very refreshing and makes the piece stand out so that it's not just retreading familiar territory. For example, I love that Kara has put up pictures of Helo and the rest of her squadron (I'm a real sucker for fics where she mourns them, and it's a subject I keep returning to in my own writing). Anyway, I really enjoyed this and I look forward to reading more of your work here or on livejournal. My handle there is shah_of_blah; feel free to PM me if you have any questions about lj.
seemsobscene chapter 10 . 5/10/2011
great job! do you plan on continuing this until the decommissioning ceremony? because that would be SO AWESOME!
setivalen chapter 9 . 5/10/2011
I continue to enjoy this story! You've captured the Lee/Kara angst well, and in this chapter, brought out the caustic Kara, which as you noted, most likely does emerge from this period when Zak is lost. I appreciated how you handled the night at Carolyanne's house-Lee and Kara sharing their grief and Lee taking care of her-it was tender and emotional. I look forward to reading the upcoming chapters! Nicole
ddt73 chapter 9 . 5/10/2011
Poor Kara, her head is so frakked up right now. :(

I do wonder how Zak's death, and his funeral and everything around it played out. It was a story they never told in BSG. At least not completely. We do know there was something close to love at first sight between L&K, and we know after the funeral they didn't talk for two years. We also know about the picture and the story about the major from KLG1 (incomplete as it is). What happened during this time period?

I do believe they loved each other, but felt trapped by their situation. Also their frakked up backgrounds and childhoods are why they weren't emotionally stronger to deal with the situation better. I think they both felt they didn't deserve the other. Wanting each other when she was with Zak didn't help their opinion of themselves. In the cockpit, in the uniform they knew what they were doing, and even in the suit (another uniform) Lee knew what he was doing, but in their personal lives a mess. The messy relationships that we know about it for both of them prove his big time.

Anyway I love how you show their messy home lives. Cause it explains why a messy situation was even worse in their case. Zak was the one good thing they had in their lives up to this point. What their parents put them through were a trial. Then they betrayed Zak and he winds up dead. That has to hurt a lot. Maybe I'm overstating it a bit, but betraying the one truly good person in their lives, and it turning out the way it did was a blow. In cannon they never got over that. Though I felt they could and deserved to for all they went through, especially when you see how others got redeemed. Unfortunately they did not.

Great story so far. :)
ddt73 chapter 8 . 5/7/2011
Poor Kara. :(
ddt73 chapter 7 . 5/7/2011
Good chapter.

It felt right as far as canon goes.
ddt73 chapter 5 . 5/6/2011
Well I think I get it better now. Lee left for six months. Don't know what Lee was thinking. He knew they were still seeing each other. Smart thing was to make his move before he left. If she had left Zak six months earlier then Lee and Kara could have started to see each other. Now it's gotten messy. Also I think Kara got engaged with Zak cause she was afraid to lose the one good thing in her life, and was too scared to hope for more with Lee. Take the safe bet, instead of going for it all. I can believe that. Also Lee being dense I can buy too (especially when it comes to Kara). :)
ddt73 chapter 4 . 5/6/2011
I'm enjoying this alot.

It's just that if it happened like this. I think Lee and Kara would have gotten together. Cause at this point in time, Zak and Kara don't appear to be that serious. They are dating but are far from serious commitment stage.

After Lee and Kara have shown such a strong connection, why shouldn't they get together at this stage? Kara breaks up with Zak, after a couple months, she can start seeing Lee. Something along those lines. Zak would still be pissed I'm sure, but he'd get over it.

My point is I don't feel they the star crossed lover angle here. This feels more like a girl dates one brother and finds she likes another one better. Big difference I don't feel Like Zak and Kara are committed at this point. Don't properly Lee and Kara could be together without tons of pain.

I'll continue to read and maybe you can prove me wrong. :)
setivalen chapter 4 . 5/3/2011
I'm definitely enjoying this story! The passion between Lee and Kara is well drawn, and I like that you've focused on the playful Kara and intense Lee, rather than the caustic Kara and overly responsible Lee. The end of this chapter was well-drawn, conveying the building emotion between them-they are so much together because they are so in tune with each other, as you conveyed in the sim scene-something very hard to find. :-)
Solargate chapter 4 . 5/3/2011
Man I am loving this fic right now! I feel sorry for Zak but did he really ever stand a chance? Lee and Kara are meant to be together...really nice chapter. Keep em coming! :D
6219834 chapter 2 . 5/1/2011
This is a great little relationship prologue, I especially liked the infill you provided between the Daybreak scenes.