Reviews for Reset
myrddin767 chapter 16 . 2/16/2013
Well, I hope that you continue this story, it has a pretty good start and development so far, and some great places for it to go to. Can't wait! :D
Progos chapter 9 . 2/8/2012
That does sound needlessly complicated. I mean, Magic: the Gathering is hardly Go Fish, but at least Wizards makes the current complete rules available and hosts a freely-accessible database of every card ever.
Inverness chapter 16 . 10/27/2011
This is quite interesting. I'm eagerly awaiting more.
The other Guy chapter 16 . 10/3/2011
Since my profile is being the tad bit uncooperative in recent times I can only thank you for allowing anonymous reviews. Makes me feel better after a day in the life.

Random notes aside for now, how is the story going? I'm asking because I've forgotten some of the details after recent activities, but don't want to go back from this point. For example; Pandora's Box. I don't recall that being expanded upon much during Henry's talk with Takou, so when I first came across it here I was scratching my head for a while. Which you of course fixed by naming the flashing lights that randomly pop up. I gave up scratching at that point. You definitly know how to draw me in. Damn this story and its mystery.

It's points like this that I wish your grammar and spelling were worse, at least that way I could avoid getting caught up. Better than smashing my head off the wall from frustration though, so no real complaints there. The story though? Whole new playground. Play mates not included.

An example? The light bulbs are apparently monitering him for lies, but he still does it? Idiot. But what's worse is they let him get away with it? All with some half assed excuse? For guys that are supposed to be looking after the world they seem to be awfully relaxed. Or angry, if your a green douche that is. The light colour thing actually reminded me of the crests for a moment there, with a hint of Yggdrasil tied in. Because they appear to be has powerful and inefficent as both of those. Also, while still covering this side of the story, didn't you promise to actually tell us mentally challenged individuals who Akari is? Because unless she is a nod to that Xross Wars character I keep seeing in story intros, then I have no clue. And if she is then I think I'm disappointed.

Ah but as much as I want to, you'd get bored with my ramblings on past material. So I'll skip on, past the odd parts of that 'interrogation', and even past Rika's current mindset(felt like a nod again rather than anything new anyway.) I'm going to touch briefly on Takato, namely his great choice in googles for them to have survived this long. I want the name of that brand, they must make the things from diamonds or something. Also kinda gross for them to have been sitting there for a couple of years, but those goggles probably murdered any germs dumb enough to mess with them. Yeah, in this 'mind is matter' world you've made I wouldn't be suprised if that was the case.

getting past that though, the heel with Henry? Thought he was partly responible for this whole thing, wouldn't they have contacted him by now? Also, him being the single most dangerous computer expert I've seen other than Yamaki, Shibumi or Takato(expert is such a loose term), wouldn't the christmas tree brigrade have been prepared for what Henry just pulled? Shouldn't he know they know? Shouldn't we have a mini inception going on in here? Just a thought...

The J-Reaper concerns me, for the mere reason that having more than one voice in someones mind is quite taxing as shown by every single sci fi show I've seen or heard. If one person is capable of pavement man, then what the hell will happen now. Small thing with its last line, it says it will have to be on guard with others? What could that mean I wonder...

My apologies for the iffy contact and very late review, but life is busy and I've been suffering from technical set backs. At least your no further yet, right?
Bookworm Gal chapter 16 . 9/26/2011
The power of goggles will overcome all obstacles. Loved the chapter, including the light-people-things. Great work. Can't wait for more.
JohnC.ofMars chapter 16 . 9/25/2011
Yay for goggles, boo for Akari and Jeri is fucking awesome now. I always thought Jeri could be much more useful to the group than she appeared in the series. She had the will, but things didn't pan out. I like that Takato got his goggles back, but why are we bringing in other seasons of digimon into this? Season six at that! I just don't much approve of that season. I appreciate people trying to keep the franchise alive, but half the writers on Fanfiction could do a better job. She's an ok character in a poor season. Rika and Takato are both so close to waking up, but neither one knows it. God this story has gotten some depth. Can't wait to see the next chapter.
Tamer of the Zero Unit chapter 16 . 9/25/2011
OF COURSE HES NOT THE SAME. Anyways, great chapter as always. So he loses the device and his combined actions were just as bad if he brought Ryo or Takato back. More memories resurface now. So she was part of the reason "it" is back.
TheOtherGuy4544 chapter 15 . 9/25/2011
With just under twenty chapters of Book 3 left, and dear god is that taking too long, I figure we can finally move back to your other stuff. Like these last two chapters of Reset that I have missed. And what can I say now?

For starters I can happly say this was a rather easy story to get back into, despite the fact I understand next to nothing. Other than that digimon cause far more problems than the simply food shortages everyone points out. It's like the mere knowledge of their exsistance unleashes some power within humans, the power to somehow bend reality to their will... or create nightmares, depends on gender apparently. Seriously dude, you let Henry fly and heal broken bones and Takou gets to morph into whatever he wants. But then we have Jeri, the first female to 'wake up', who soon unleashes hell on the rest of them. Sexism has never been so violent.

But, as easy as it was to get back to my state of total confusion, there is a problem with it. Can you guess it? That's right, its becoming stagnant. Unchanging, still, familiar, dull. And that is not helped by Takou. Why? Well mainly because he's been trusted with the safety of this 'new' world, and I use the term loosely, and yet he brandishes that time device as if it were a glow stick. And judging from both Henry and the J-Reaper's comments, this does not end well. Which tells me he is either uninformed or highly incompetent. Both of which confuse me to no end.

But that isn't all I have a problem with concerning this rather rogue card you have, no it goes a bit further than that, but doesn't yet reach the fact he just got glowed out of the real world(who wants to bet that wasn't exactly safe either?). No, it has to do with his morphing ability. Now I thought about this a while back, when he was slicing up the pavement in fact, but didn't bring it up. Now that we've reached Henry though, brand new set of rules apply. So why exactly can he modify his body at will? First I thought you needed to be mostly digital, which means in real world terms you are made up of those damn synthetic proteins Yamiki went on about back in Tamers. That would mean either Takou wasn't human, which conflicts with his memories and the fact he has a digivice, or he has spent a large amount of time in the digital world, which seems unlikely. Assuming you aren't going to sacrifice another innocent to give him those god powers, because that idea gets old fast. So I'm going to go with Henry did something, or the new digivice doesn't play by my rules. But neither of those feel right, so I jump back to the start and repeat the entire process. This is annoying.

You should get this though, that's only some of the things I'm thinking about... for one character! I'm not even going to mentio the J-Reaper yet, or worse, talk about Henry's ability to mold himself with ease. Heck, I'll just skip most of fourteen and some of fifteen because I really don't have enough time, room or patience for all that. I'm going to just focus on Takato, and let some of the others slip in. Like at the start, when he's dreaming, and we see Jeri. Now, you've said to me before that he never really met her now that digimon no longer rampage every second day, so why does he focus more on her and less on Henry? Getting away from the big points here though, the dream itself should be what I'm talking about.

So yeah, the dream. Back in the season it happens once. It involves Takato being suspended very high up with his digivice, STATIONARY I'll note, watching Rika fight a digimon. Now to yours. Takato has no digivice. He is mobile. Rather than sticking in one spot though, he moves. And rather than digimon, he watches... what exactly? To the besty of my reasoning its just chucks of the world that have been animated by human emotions. Seems a bit vague. And since this entire world would appear to be something along those lines, as in not normal but something more like the matrix, I can think of no real reason why it would be there that Takato manages to dream up. Then I remember Henry has a digivice, and Takou is a total universal unknown, so I blame it on that.

But then you show Renamon, who only adds to the whole, 'this is not the real world' by stating she draws power from being in a famailar place where memories of her are strong. Ok, she doesn't say that, but that's the feeling you give there. Either way, good to see another friendly face that we actually know. Que mood kill in the form of a triangle. Damn Hazard. You know it's bad when it's got capitals at the start. But why isn't Takato ready? What power could that pesky capital hold over him? I'll just wait and see.

On a closing note, can Takou give the men behind the scenes a new nickname? Suits is just so... forboding. Plus it reminds me once again of the matrix, which I am trying ever so hard not to think about when reading this. Perhaps the mighty men would be better, since they managed to drag his sorry butt out of exsistence.

Looking forward to whatever you come up with, hope I manage to catch it this time without you having to actually tell me. Good stuuf by the way.
Bookworm Gal chapter 15 . 9/19/2011
Another very intriguing chapter. And I think I might have an idea of who the shadow creature (with a female voice) might be... Especially if she's stronger at Rika's house. Great work. Can't wait for more.
John C chapter 15 . 9/18/2011
Excellent chapter. A Renamon sighting and an epic fight all done in vivid dream sequence. A true tamers story at it's finest. It seems there are people pulling the strings that even Takou can't avoid. My one concern is that you're bringing Akari in. I haven't figured out who she is yet! My fandom could be called into question! Must go back and review footage like a football coach preparing for the big game. Good chapter. Keep them coming.
Tamer of the Zero Unit chapter 15 . 9/18/2011
Great chapter as always. That seems weird that Takato and Rika both saw what happen to Henry and Jeri. I didn't say dream as Takato forced his being to the fight before being dragged by something I might know who it is maybe. Poor Takato to be dragged to Rika's house with her hair down, she would of killed him. Wonder when Takato will be ready?
Hanzo of the Salamander 2.0 chapter 14 . 9/12/2011
I look forward to reading what happens next in your story
M. N. Nep chapter 14 . 9/12/2011
For some reason, this story really reminds me of an old trilogy of fics called The Connection by arpulver. Maybe it's just the screw-with-your-mind atmosphere. Or maybe it's the concept that the world the Tamers are in isn't a "real" world as such (something about Henry doing The Matrix thing in Chapter 11 and time manipulation). Or maybe it's the fifteen-minutes(or years)-into-the-future setting.

The fact that our resident world-hopper Akiyama is missing from the story thus far (apparently wiped from history altogether) perhaps says something about what's going on... or is he? Not that I think he's likely to be Takou at this point - I doubt he attended Shinjuku Elementary - but nothing wrong with keeping an open mind. Other options for Takou on my mind right now include (the obvious choice, therefore equally obvious red-herring) alternate/future Takato, Kenta or Kazu. Or an actual OC, but my gut tells me otherwise (then again, my gut also randomly cramps on occasion). Something just really speaks to me on this one, though.

So far, the idea of the backstory I have boils down to one of two things or a mixture of the two: either A. There's some sort of huge, multi-million dollar, probably experimental attempt by a higher power to make an artificial or alternate version of pre-DReaper Shinjuku (that can be manipulated by said powers at will and is also linked to the Digital World) and the Tamers are somehow voluntary participants in this Project or B. The Tamers were involved in a a calamitous event that was either the cause or effect of Matrix-style reality manipulation that necessitated the "resetting" of (possibly through aforementioned reality-bending powers) their world to the pre-DReaper stage. In either case, the implementation of Digital World interaction is split between pro-digitalist and anti-digitalist factions (I'm guessing Yamaki won the debate). Also, in whatever case, Takato is a metaphorical wild-card with the powers of The One who can bend reality even in reality, so to speak. And then of course, I could be as close to the truth as Xros Wars is to getting another se- oh nevermind, you know what I mean.

On the technical side, I didn't spot too many errors (admittedly, reading on tends to have me auto-correcting things in my head - which may be a bad habit), but there is a glaring one on Chapter 6 where "Kazu grimaced and adjusted his glasses" which is ostensibly supposed to be Kenta.

In everything else, it's a pretty interesting story so far as it is. Pretty decent pacing, good mix of action and psychological suspense. If there's one thing I'd definitely have to gripe about, it would be the fact that you used the name Akari for an OC or as a code-name. Noriko from Tamer's Requiem wasn't as bad, because Noriko was only a minor character in 02, but Akari has slightly stronger connotations... unless that was fully intended, in which case you get one of your kudos bars.

Although it is true that you'll find more common Japanese names among rarer ones, so I suppose it's not that big of a deal. And I suppose we do have two Megumi in the multiverse, so...
Tamer of the Zero Unit chapter 14 . 9/11/2011
Looks like Henry bit off more then he can chew. Great chapter.
Bookworm Gal chapter 14 . 9/11/2011
Wow... Just, WOW! I just don't know how to respond to that. J-reaper is causing problems. And Takou can digi-modify himself. And I am just so eager for more. Keep up the great work.