Reviews for Fly Me to the Moon
last.one.leaving chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
Let me start by saying; you are a fantastic writer and have a brilliant way of conveying emotion through the words you use.

I love how you write the Rat Man. The fact that he's schizophrenic often leads to portrayals of him in other fanfiction that are cliched and a little melodramatic, but you've really captured the fact that actually, what he suffers is his reality and perhaps not out of the ordinary for him, that it's not his fault, etcetera.

I would really love to see how you develop this story, I would love to see something of a little romance there depending on what you have planned.

Anyway, keep it up! I can't wait to see what the next update will bring!
Maiafay chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
This is my first foray into this fandom, and your story will probably be the only one I'll read (no offense to others here, but I haven't played the game).

You begin with emotion and action, and a great hook that transcends fandom for me. Though I don't know this character, you provide details and clues to his personality. He's obviously mentally unstable, but aware of it enough to keep his priorities and morality constant. There's never a moment where he's loses his desire to save Chell.

The painting references are a nice touch (being a once artist myself I can relate to that talent), and give a hint of his creativity. I think having an outlet for emotion is what keeps one sane if they endure something traumatic. Probably why they have "art time" in mental hospitals, lol.

But really, it's why I think Doug is coherent enough to save Chell - paired with his obvious obsession with her, of course.

You gave his voices personalities, which amused me. They are likable and realistic. I particularly like Henry, he's pretty decent for a dead guy.

And GLaDOS is quite the snarky bitch. I do know what she is like (character-wise) after viewing some gameplay on youtube. I like her eloquence and sarcasm, with a little touch of dark humor. Her lines seemed well in character and not rehashed (can't stand rehashed dialogue from video games. Make up your OWN dialogue in their diction!).

Overall, strong opening chapter. Definitely want to read more :)

M
Riley chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Awesome work! I would like to see more from you. Can't wait!
SeasprayLuv chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Love it love it love it LOVE IT! It's perfect! I haven't seen really any other Rat Man stories, I mean, you look and look... but then I just happened to find this gem! I absolutely loved the way you portrayed GLaDOS! Perfection! Please, write more chapters! Please, please?
Lvl2DragonTamer chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
This was well-written, looks promising. The characterizations of Ratmann, Glados, and Cube are all solid. Good luck with the rest.
panpanpeppermint chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
*Jumps up and down*

SWEET, A CHELL AND RATTMAN FIC!

When you describe, it's a like an artist painting.

Looking forward to other chapters!
PotterPhantomKitten chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
Finally, a ChellxDoug fic! I'd been thinking of writing one myself but I haven't been able to think of a plot at the moment... good job on this, though!
Synopsis File chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
Excellent. Thank you for writing; keep it up!

Favorite passage:

The countdown in his head kept mixing up numbers, giving him shapes and colours instead. ... White bloomed, rose up around him in a dizzying void. Blood pulsed in his ears and drowned out the drum of his footsteps. His heartbeat became her name inside his head.

Unique language, but not yet overwrought. Thumbs up from me.
WolfyRDrake chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
*squees and runs around* OMFG! I must be dreaming a Rattmann fanfic! Yayness! I love it! :D will there be more? *puppy eyes*
39 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3