Reviews for A Snake Named Voldemort
Love2read23 chapter 24 . 7/24
I thought from the beginning it was a puppy because of Harry's excitement and reactions were more in line with a puppy than acquiring a child. Though when Tom's thoughts said boys and girls and described the line up I thought maybe it is an orphanage. A puppy is adorable. Will there be a real epilogue so we get Harry's reaction as the Master of Death or see him use the resurrection stone? I would love to see how they've changed the wizarding world. Did I read that correctly that they didn't kill off Lord Voldemort just revealed that Emrys Aleron has been him all along? Thank you for writing.
Love2read23 chapter 22 . 7/24
I thought Harry was hit with the Killing Curse and they just told everyone it wasn't so that he would not be more hounded than he already is. It truly wasn't then? Why did he instantly appear in the white afterlife? And what was that whole part about it trembling and going black? I quite enjoyed this story. Thank you for the minimal amount of smut and the warnings before the sex scenes. I am glad that Dumbledore is so approving of Tom and his relationship with Harry. One annoying thing is the summary at the top of every single chapter. It is entirely not necessary. But regardless, it's a well written fic. Thank you for writing.
Flenwa chapter 24 . 7/16
I swear that laat bit I was like Human. Cat. Dog. Human? Then you wrote tail and I was sure. Great story I spent four hours reading it and I still find it amazing with the characters very in character.
belleatrix chapter 18 . 7/5
I love how you put in "Will Lady ever eat a bird?"
iworshipthedarklord chapter 24 . 7/3
I thought they were adopting a kid at first 0.0
Absolutely wonderful! I love your writing style and the plot was very well done :) It would be cool for a glimpse into the future, but I also love the ending the way it is. Can't wait to see more of your work!
christine.kagak chapter 6 . 6/28
Hehehehehe. I can picture a one-shot of Hedwig rallying the other owls to make Draco's detentions cleaning the owlery more worse. As retaliation to what Draco did to Hedwig's human, and her human's snake.
AlthieraInLove chapter 24 . 6/28
I literally thought they were adopting a kid...Poor Tom, he has to share Harry with mini Sirius now. Hahahahaha...
Hahaha loved the story and the second drabble
You know what would be fun? If all the students in hogwarts saw harry and his snake playing cribbage. I really want to see their reactions now
Addictorator chapter 24 . 6/18
Let me first start out by saying while I'm not against it at all, I'm not into slash (or maybe I'm just in denial), and even then, I never understood Harry being paired up with Voldemort. I've read literally thousands of HP fics on this site, and I've read a few of those too, but I never quite agreed. It was always either Harry became a Death Eater or Voldemort for some reason just went uncharacteristically soft and decided on sparing the enemy prophesized to defeat him. Somehow, Harry forgets Voldemort killed his parents, and many others in cold blood. I just never saw it happening.

I've also been more into a Dark-ish Harry, one that kills when necessary and doesn't shy away from what needs to be done. Someone that would have killed Voldemort without a second thought that day, or even kill Pettigrew earlier than that so that he would't have scurried back to his Lord in the first place. Decisive merciless action.

So imagine my surprise when I loved this story more than most that I've read! I take back whatever thoughts I had of Harry X Voldemort/Tom never working out. I guess it just needed the proper perspective and a very talented fanfiction writer to show me how wrong I had been. Gems like these are why I keep coming back to reading fanfiction, even if most are to be frank, poorly written. The rock mines are worth mining for hours on end, when you find a nugget of gold every now and then. Ooh, that rhymed, I'll have to remember that one.

The story was so good I couldn't put down from the beginning until to the very end in one night.

Firstly, I appreciate how the characters are consistent. I don't mean consistent to Canon, which isn't necessary in a fanfiction of course, but I mean internally consistent within the fanfiction itself. For example, Harry was portrayed to be so forgiving and merciful, he spared a vulnerable Voldemort, who took away his parents. A few chapters later, he has Bellatrix bound and in a similar position, held by a Dark Lord who would have easily killed her as long as Harry said so; it wouldn't even have to be by his hand. It would have been so easy. She killed his godfather, and yet he spared her. Severus Snape, the man who had revealed the prophecy to Voldemort, inadvertedly putting his parents in danger while likely celebrating at news of James' demise. The same with his relatives that had starved and abused him, kept him locked up in a cupboard for 10 years. He could have told Tom to do it and he would've taken care of them gladly, or he could have agreed to make that horcrux to gain the approval of the one he loved. But he didn't. His personality was consistent, and he stuck to his core principles, and didn't end up looking like a hypocrite. While I think the Dursleys don't deserve to live, that is unimportant and irrelevant.

Another thing I liked was Good!Dumbledore. Not a common sight in Harry X Voldemort stories.

I truly do wish that this story was canon instead of how things turned out. I love this story. It's a tale of redemption and forgiveness. There is smut, but there is a greater plot as well, one that said smut did not detract from. This would have been an interesting twist compared to the classic chosen-hero-defeats-evil-big-bad trope, and it was certainly an interesting thought that it indeed turned out that Harry's secret power had turned out to be love after all.

Lastly, I simply loved the writing. There was no glaring errors in spelling that I noticed, but that's not all. The reactions are realistic, and scenes are very well written. One of my favorites is the conversation Harry had with Dumbledore at the park. The fact that Dumbledore and Snape had known about Voldemort all along was also great, as it would be rather stupid of them otherwise, for Harry to get a white snake right after Voldemort turns into one. What I did not expect at all was the underlying plan behind it. While it seemed a little contrived, it made a decent amount of sense.

Anyhow, this story is great, one of the best I've ever read, and keep up the good work!
QueenieTang chapter 1 . 6/6
Okay …fine …why the 'child 'is a dog …I still cannot believe that …so sad …but I must say that this is a great story,I love it!
misuky7 chapter 24 . 5/27
How sweet. I ejoyed it. :3
IceShadow-HP chapter 24 . 5/21
Definitely love this story! One of my favorite fanfic
apolausta chapter 22 . 5/20
Just read through this entire story and I wanted to let you that it was absolutely brilliant. I wish I could praise it more but I have to go pack for a flight (which I've actually been putting off just so I can finish this amazing story!). Thank you so much for writing and sharing!
3,018 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »