Reviews for Shadowrun: Deus Ex Machina
Knightfall1138 chapter 1 . 7/16/2014
I've gotta tell you, I'm fairly new to Shadowrun, but this chapter alone was better than the other published short stories I've read. You have a fantastic grasp of how to write action scenes without making them feel stilted, the pacing is right, and the dialogue sounds natural. Plus, it just seems like you have a grasp of the universe, so that helped immensely.

Looks like this story's been put on the back burner, but I'll be checking out your other stories soon. Great work!
undeadyeti chapter 1 . 6/27/2013
Deus oh man they are screwed bad if any of them make it out of there they will need serious therapy.
J.S.Mallory chapter 1 . 11/17/2011
Yeesh... that brings back some memories. The Renraku Arcology Shutdown. You've captured the horror of those events fantastically and the sheer unnatural horror of having a malicious AI at the helm of this massive building.

I didn't find anything noteworthy to be corrected. Your pacing is fantastic and the descriptions you use to portray the truly alien nature of Deus is great. The shock of Peaches killing a little girl was a great touch, as the Greens and Whites were some of the most dangerous foes in the whole Arcology and nobody wants to shoot a child.

Glad to see you writing a new Shadowrun short, especially one that brings back such fond memories of the last Edition and some great stories gone by.
Nellio Styles chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Oh yeah! I see that Shadowrun flare is still at an all-time high in you. (LOL)

I'm loving it already, you started it out guns blaring and tensions on high-very nice! Loved the intro of the pamphlet and always like when people do the quotes-dropping the jewels beforehand.

Don't wanna give too much away for those who haven't read the chap yet, but damn! In their line of work I know the worst is what everybody expects but it still hurts all the same when ish like that haps. They weren't even in a position to do anything with the situation, it's just sad. Eghh!

From the story desciption I get the feeling that's not gonna be the last time something like that happens. At least now I know I gotta prepare myself for the worst. (LMFAO)

I liked alot of the little, what's the term, those descriptive anologies, whatever their called you had quite a few good ones.

Example:

'' It was three hundred and twenty floors of bad juju, and I wanted no part of it. ''

'' The trog was a walking totem pole. ''

When it comes to describing you always nail it! I mean, for anybody whose played any of the Shadowrun games the way you describe these people always puts the picture in your head.

* * * It was the eyes that haunted me the most. Iridescent green, the color of grass after a spring rain. Two bright wells shining out of the dark that seemed to simultaneously exude and devour the light. It was a little girl, no more than seven years old. Blonde, with pigtails and a pink polka-dotted dress. * * *

I was like damn, and this is how you opened it. [I knew straight away when I read the part about the polka-dotted dress that it was time to disappear, if the eyes description didn't give it away earlier.] lol

I can already see I'm gonnna be hooked again. Eghhh!

Yyyyyyyyy Lorddddddddd!

There were a few minor typos here and there, but again they happen, and otherwise this was practically flawlesss-as usual.

You got me wondering who all you're gonna bring back, and how much Peaches has changed after all that happened in the first one. really looking forward to reading this, keep up the fantastic work.

Ghosssst