Reviews for Soul Chess
CaptainToast321 chapter 4 . 3/10
It's an easily changed statistic, but its canon the Gotei 13 is only around 4K strong. While not everyone joins it, MOST do.

That either means your fic has RIDICULOUS casualty ratios, or its far larger than canon.
Kraotop chapter 97 . 2/15
Wait, is that Chuck Norris? Seriously?
Kraotop chapter 88 . 2/14
Ok, I know that this was written BEFORE these bankais were revealed and some litteray never existed but come on, some of those are just completely uninspired, bankai is a transformation, not just moar weapons : Ukitake, Rose, Kaien, Yoruichi, Soifon, Yamamoto FUCKING Genryusai (He deserved a beter bankai). Don't get me wrong, the story is amazing, but it would have been better with a bit more imagination in this sector.
Helig chapter 1 . 2/6
This is a good idea! And good writing but you are overexposing through dialogue! *grabs your shirt* 'Show, don't tell' is a crucial part of creative writing, it really is.
ANyway thank you.
Kraotop chapter 32 . 2/1
3.7 Kilometers per hour? HA! I walk at that speed!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/25/2016
J
XDemonEmperorX chapter 96 . 12/23/2016
I. Ko eeee
Rakaan chapter 4 . 11/23/2016
I really find it weird such a big deal is being made over winning a game of chess.
xYuukito chapter 29 . 10/13/2016
Um, not to be rude, but the Japanese you used is wrong. It should be "Watashi wa", not "ne". Also Phantom of Justice can be translated to Seigi no Borei, which sounds so much better than the broken Japanese pronunciation. Since the wrist bands react to their names only, couldn't they use their own way of referring to themselves? For example, I know Renji tends to use 'ore' to refer to himself when not in a formal setting and Izuru uses 'boku'. This way each character has more individualism, as you have done with the different colors.

Another thing is that some of the watashi wa's had 'Ya' infront of them. Whats up with that?

Late review, I know, but it would be good to at least edit some of these.
Republic Che chapter 209 . 10/11/2016
This is an awesome story!
Guest chapter 2 . 8/21/2016
Looks potentionally interesting... But poor writing quality. It's not BAD bad, like there's not a whole lot of grammar mistakes or really hard to read. It just gave me an impression of a kid's work. Not meant as an insult, but well, the maturity just isn't there. Like lack of experience. And I really do mean it when I say it's not an insult, some people just aren't born to be fluid writers. I'm one of them.

To be more specific, the sentences often felt a bit run-on. There was some OOCness, cliche writing, awkward cutting in scenes, forced lines, lack of emotion. Think school festival plays. Even if you never experienced one, animes have it common enough. The awkwardness is just there like it never meant to be taken 100% seriously.

That stacked onto the fact that I'm not a huge Bleach fan... Rather, I don't watch or read it at all, only here for CG. The whole writing quality stands out even more.

I will continue reading, but am still cringing while doing so.
Shinigami Merchant chapter 1 . 8/4/2016
its interesting and ha a lot of potential
Rowknan chapter 1 . 7/26/2016
This fic is good but terribly inconsistent. Lelouch is out of character in his easy acceptance of Rangiku and Gin. Especially Rangiku. Lelouch has always been adamant about no one replacing Nunnally in his heart. Remember Rollo? In canon Lelouch would've reprimanded Rangiku at best and dropped her off a bridge at worst. Secondly you portray souls as retaining their memories in Soul Society. I don't think that's correct. While I could have accepted Lelouch being an exception there is not a reason for Rangiku to have formerly been a grown woman while still acting like a toddler.
Magnanimous Architect chapter 94 . 6/11/2016
Reading this chapter now for the firat time, after unohana's actual backstory has been revealed, i find myself pretty impressed with how close you managed to get. GG dude.
RandomReview chapter 75 . 5/24/2016
I wasn't really planning on leaving another review until I skimmed through everything, but wow I just had to comment on the awesomeness of your OC self insert. Not only is he more powerful than Lelouch, he's achieved intellectual parity to a degree! I suppose I should expect your self insert to eventually start farting rainbows?
3,826 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »