Reviews for What's Past Is Prologue
PhoenixRe chapter 2 . 12/29/2011
Finally, an original story about a not so much fix-it Donna but fix it nonetheless...

Okay I kinda lost it there but what I meant is that I absolutely love your idea and the story so far is well written.

I love this lingering connection for Doctor and Donna. I think I even like it more than the fix-its because the tragedy of what happened to Donna was an epic moment and important to the evolution of 10. So if you manage to write a story about a connection intact with them within the restrictions from canon good for you

I do hope that you will continue it but all the same congrats for your idea
Arcadya chapter 2 . 7/1/2011
I like the loophole you've found.

I really like the idea that Donna and her Spaceman can still be in contact without burning up her brain, because it's the best friend angle that she's communicating with not the Doctor angle.

Lovely.
nipponophile chapter 2 . 6/27/2011
Does this mean there is more coming?

Because that chapter was all kinds of delightful.

And the 'fix it' is entirely plausible.
Serra Tachi chapter 2 . 6/27/2011
This story makes me very sad, and then very happy. I absolutely love it! I still hate to think about Donna's fate because even though series 4 was way back in 2008, it still makes me sad because she was just so wonderful! So this story makes me happy because she and the Doctor still have that connection. I really love your "fix it" theory too! I don't believe I reviewed for chapter 1, but the gameshow thing was hilarious and I could totally see Eleven doing that! Update soon! I'm really loving this!
Silvermoon of Forestclan chapter 2 . 6/27/2011
I agree... Because the wipe made me very, very sad. And it also makes sense.

Thanks for updating!

-Silvermoon
woolSmynx chapter 2 . 6/27/2011
I am sincerely enjoying this story. I was actually tearing up while reading this chapter. (that might have to do with the fact that it's also three in the morning and I'm reading in the dark with very tired eyes, but most of it is emotion. I like how you've made the whole "fix-it" based on emotion rather than the actual memories. I feel like that makes the whole situation much stronger because the memories didn't make Donna a better person, but the emotions with each adventure did.

I also really liked how the Doctor will pick up even in the middle of an adventure. That's so nice!

As for Shaun, meh. He can back off. Honestly, there's no way he can compare to the Doctor. It's just not going to happen.

Oh! But I liked how you put the Doctor in the phone as Spaceman. It took me a second to recognize what he would be labeled in Donna's phone when Martha's name appeared there first, but I caught on just before Shaun was mentioned.

One more thing, did Donna ever find the photo of her dad and herself?
Crystalwitch chapter 2 . 6/27/2011
Wonderful, heartbreaking and sweet.
nipponophile chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Beautifully sad.
Silvermoon of Forestclan chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
Please update soon! The gameshow thing I did find quite hilarious. Please update!

-Silvermoon
Tabitha of MoonAurora chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
I think most of that dichotomy was because the simplest way to explain why Donna didn't remember anything about him was to say he took her memories. What he actually did was place something similar to a time lock on her memories, severing their connections from her human brain to keep them contained with her Time Lord mind. That way, her Time Lord mind would have no real connection with her human mind. Unfortunately, the human mind still remember that something was missing and in a way, Donna is missing both her world with the Doctor and the part of her mind that died as well. Essentially, he lobotomized her. Really truly sad isn't it? I still miss Donna terribly even though it's technically been three years. I suppose writing fanfictions like these help to keep her character alive though. I truly enjoyed this by the way. I can't wait for the next chapter.

Wotcher,

Tabitha
Arcadya chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
Found you!

Ahem, this was so wonderfully sad. Heartwrenching in the exact manner that any good Donna post DoctorDonna should be.

I also love that you kept 'you' in all this.

I loved the Doctor addition in the game show, especially the 'brilliant' comment by Shaun.

Lovely work, my dear.
LadyRin98790 chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
OMG! I miss Donna sooooooo mich ( please update soon!
book.worm.71717 chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
This is so strange! I just started watching Doctor Who a few weeks ago! Anyways, I do like your take on this. I'm excited for the next part, and for the CM updates too :)
JazziePerson chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
This is really good! Can't wait for the next chapter :P

- Jaz