Reviews for The OZ Survival Guide
Shiori Kudo chapter 1 . 12/6/2014
What's the Gulch Verse?
Black Midnite chapter 1 . 9/27/2012
#46 is my favorite and #60 is sad. Otherwise awesome!
GoldenRoya chapter 1 . 9/15/2012
LOL!
I got inspired, and just had to add a few. Hope you don't mind!

84) When shouting out the code to cause the world-destroying machine to self-destruct, NEVER initiate a dramatic pause just before giving the last number. Dramatic pauses are dramatic, but fairly rarely sensible.

85) If by some unfortunate twist of fate you ARE the sorceress, don't gloat over your captured enemies. Shoot first, ask questions later. If you absolutely MUST ask questions, shrink first, then question, then shoot.

87) If you know your daughter has become possessed by an evil witch: Run. Hide. Don't wait for her to capture you with a noble look on your face.

88) If your pet Alchemist has ripped the brain from the head of the massively intelligent Royal Advisor, make sure the body of said Royal Advisor is NOT left wandering around the OZ to make trouble later.

89) Think your plans through. I don't care if you're the amnesiac innocent trying to find the emerald before your sister does (just in time for the eclipse), or the evil sorceress bent on destroying the entire world by way of freezing and famine, killing yourself along with it. If it's not certain to end well, don't try it.
However, if there are Papay on your heels, always jump the cliff. Death is death, but only one of them is even remotely survivable.

90) Carry a revolver. There are 101 uses, besides just Looking Cool.
Tippers2 chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
I like 72, it would have solved everything. :D
Invalidpenname chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Very funny. :)
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
74) If your sister's adventures have a way of getting you into trouble, why are you still following her? - Oh yes, but Az is more responsible than the grown-ups letting them play in bear-invested woods. :D

10) If you are searching for a way to escape the evil Sorceress' Tower and a little dog seems to know the way, follow him but be wary of ulterior motives. - *Snort* have I mentioned how I STILL have issues with Tutor?

22) If you find yourself in a deserted palace and your Viewer tells you bad things happened there, don't ask him to show you, get the hell out of there before your evil possessed sister catches up. Raw can tell you all about it later. - LOL! And poor Raw kept trying to make them leave too!

26) If you happen to be the fortunate one that gets to hug the Tin Man at the end of the series, seize the moment, go for more than a damn hug. - AMEN!

44) Do open any and all tin suits you come across. Sure, most of them will probably contain raving lunatics, driven insane by the isolation and whatever torturous scene they've been watching on the holographic thingummy, but any chance of opening a box and having Cain fall out is a risk worth taking. - AMEN again!

70) If you meet a monster that cannot be killed, simply tell Cain it is after DG. Problem solved. - I don't think this will work with anything I'm working on now, but damn, I want to use it.

32) If you assist the evil possessed sorceress in a strange attempt to help the youngest princess save the Realm, don't expect the rest of the group to trust you all that much. - Again, have I mentioned how I feel about Tutor lately?

Glad I could be some inspirational help. :D Good luck with the internship thingy.
Antaeus chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Actually this is Dragonlady, I'm apparently using my husband's account. And yes, you did tell me you didn't make lists. I reemeber that clearly. Ah well. Thanks though.
samarie chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Lol! Totally awesome. Loved 26 and 46 the best. Thanks for sharing :-)
EreshkigalGirl chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Hilarious!

34) Do not keep mobat pets, they aren't cuddly, and they scare people (see previous exception visa vie Gulch Verse).

Mobats are not evil; they bring you beer. Bwahahaha! You like how I snuck that in there. I did not, however, catch the Hitchhiker's quote, though it's been a while since I read the series. Anyway, much love!
T. R. Blessing chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
All in all I liked them all but with out a doubt 26 is my favorite! I mean come on a kiss at least. You can deal with all of his way to old and such problems later, but for all that is good get a bloody kiss! ;-)
daughterofthe1king chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
You know it never hit me until just now...why DIDN'T DG wait until after the eclipse to find the emerald. The Witch would not have been able to use it and it might have given DG more time to figure out how her "more powerful than her sister" magic worked...

Oh well, we wouldn't have the movie if that would have happened. But gee whiz.
NierielOkami chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
By the gods that was funny Haha.
Bookworm Gal chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
I love it. These are great, if slightly redundant, rules (though, considering how important they are, they bear repeating).
Diesa chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
This is so great I needed a good laugh this morning.
T'PeeJ chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
Great list! I had a great laugh as I read it.