Reviews for Marik & Bakura Go To Censored Town
Kimnd chapter 8 . 8h
(Meanwhile, Ryou finally figured out how to make an iPod appear in his soul room. But with only the audiofile of Bananaphone to listen to, he decides to instead grumble resignedly about safe sex and STD prevention, still trying to pick the lock)
Well that was an adventure and a half.
I'm afraid that last scene with the butts got a li'l too intense for me, so I just skipped that bit to the end. This story is pretty freakin' great! I can't really think of much to say other than DAAAAAANG. I mean, the way you used the medium of text to your advantage? Brilliant! If something about the Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged universe were to be written for charity, I don't know if this would be the story I'd think of, but dammed if it's not a great one!
Kimnd chapter 7 . 8h
(Meanwhile, Ryou finally managed to make headphones appear in his soul room. But he's dismayed when he realizes he also needs to plug the headphones into something)
The entirety of this chapter was just me going WHAT THE FUCK the whole time. Because WHAT THE FUCK. Is... is this canon? I suppose it could be, but canon is such a loose entity anyway.
...Loose canon. I didn't even mean to do that. Anywho, that's what I call a well-written sex scene. And those are really difficult to do right! Impressive. Usually sex scenes feel very awkward because they're focused on what's physically happening. But the point of a book is to be inside the character's mind, and that's what this scene focuses on. Still awkward, of course, but that's because sex is very weird.
Kimnd chapter 6 . 9h
(Meanwhile, Ryou's ears perk up while reading, thinking he might have heard somebody talking about him. But what are the odds of him being mentioned two chapters in a row?)
*deep breath in and out* PHEW. Almost done!
Kimnd chapter 5 . 9h
(Meanwhi- HOLY SHIT RYOU ACTUALLY SHOWED UP!? I seriously didn't expect THAT! Usually he's just shoved aside with probably one line explaining that Bakura got a body of his own, if he's lucky)
Wow
This story is... so much better than I thought it would be. I know that sounds mean, but I'm afraid I jumped to conclusions when it came to your writing, Mr. Kuriboh. This is really one of the best stories I've read in a long time. Thank you.
I'll spend another chapter geeking out about the transition from a visual and auditory medium and how brilliantly this story downplays the missing elements and uses the medium of the written word to its advantage.
Kimnd chapter 4 . 9h
(Meanwhile, Ryou is facepalming at Florence's decision "Even I bloody well know you can't escape friendship around here, and I don't even have friends!")
Kimnd chapter 3 . 10h
(Meanwhile, Ryou is trying to make lock-picks appear in his soul room- perhaps outside he won't be able to hear Florence's thoughts)
...Hey. Wait. Is Bakura just an older version of Killua from Hunter X Hunter? HOLY CRAP HE IS! He's got the same weirdly skinny limbs, same pale-as-fuck skin, same deadly skills... How 'bout that.
Dayyyyyum.
You could probably power a steam train with all the steaminess of this chapter. Dang.
...Is this going to be Let's Torture Bakura Because it's Fucking Hilarious Hour?
Because I'm down with that.
Kimnd chapter 2 . 10h
(Meanwhile, Ryou is busy drinking tea and trying to pretend that Bakura's dreams don't involve his body) Hm. I must say, there is a clear advantage to having an entire series of web videos that give your characters a well-established voice. Every line of dialogue between these two is easy to 'hear' in my mind, and that's pretty important in terms of investment.
Not to mention, making Bakura the narrator gives your story a very... intelligent edge that makes it even funnier. The contrast between Bakura and Marik is really what makes them hilarious, and seeing the world through his eyes enhances that effect.
It just goes to show you what a little bit of consistent characterization can do.
DragonPokemonTamer chapter 8 . 6/23
The . The characters were on point, the story was brilliant, the boxes were foxy. 10/10
MindWorlds chapter 8 . 4/29
Well now to my last review: I greatly enjoyed the fanfic. It was funny and disturbingly sweet and it had a lot of kitsh and it had some twits and turns that I did not quite expect. All in all a nice fic for in-between. I really like some of your metaphors or generall your writing style. It has some appeal to it and it was quite pleasant to read.
Best wishes.
MindWorlds
MindWorlds chapter 7 . 4/29
Somehow...somewhere...this was oddly...and disturbingly sweet/cute...somehow...I k now I am weirdXD
MindWorlds chapter 6 . 4/29
Whoa...there was more kitsh in this chapter than expected.
I loved the ending with typical marik randomnessXD
MindWorlds chapter 5 . 4/29
Whoa, the end was really unexpected o.O what a turn of events.
And even though it ws strictly said that it won't evolve like a disney movie...bakuras change of mind kind of went exactly like that, totally reminded me of disney. I wonder if that was on purpose ;)
MindWorlds chapter 4 . 4/29
so much for thiefshipping XDDD
but i totally see marik doing this kind of stupid thing and not even realizing he almost diedXDD
i liked bakuras desperation at that point, very niceley done
MindWorlds chapter 3 . 4/29
I just love how random marik can be! XD
Poor Bakura, needing another shower so shortly after the first. I hope he doesnt freeze...but on the other hand, Marik has a good chance on heating him up again...fastXD
MindWorlds chapter 2 . 4/29
The "Theme Park"-Part of Marik made my dayXDDDDD
And its actually really interesting to see Bakuras side of all those things...marik would be to crazy to write anyways XD