Reviews for Marik & Bakura Go To Censored Town
sitabethel chapter 4 . 1/14/2015
This is one of my favorite short stories, and I don't mean it's one of my favorite fanfics - it's one of my favorite short stories. Ernest Hemingway, Flannery O'Connor, John Updike, Charlotte Perkins Gilman, Edgar Allen Poe, Joseph Conrad (which, by the way, hell yes on the Apocalypse Now/ Heart of Darkness homage), I love all those writers and their stories, but I love this one more.

Your character development is incredible; it's easy to identify with them and empathize with them. You have a real knack for post-modern writing. I love how you make the characters blatantly point out conventions (such as Bakura telling Marik that they're anime characters, they'll heal more quickly if they just don't mention their wounds). You have them do it so seamlessly and in such a nonchalant way, that suspending one's disbelief is easy while reading this story.

I decided to put my review in Chapter 4 because this is my favorite chapter. Bakura's breakdown is both tragic and beautiful. The imagery you use, the intensity of Bakura's emotions, the whole scene is amazing. You do a good job keeping him in character, lashing out physically even while trying to do CPR, laughing out loud as a stress reflex. My favorite part is how Bakura's aware of the injustice of the system he's in. He knows that the other characters would get to make a difference and save Marik, not because of any skill they had, but because they were slotted into the "hero" roll. I also love how his feelings of helplessness, and losing someone brings him back to the tragedy of his childhood, and how his reaction to that is to physically lash out (hitting Marik one last time), and how THAT brings Marik back to life - in turn breaking that system where Bakura doesn't get "to make a difference, as far as the plot was concerned" because he did make a difference at that moment.

And then you snap it straight back into the comedy without even giving the reader a chance to catch their breath. It's wonderful.
_

I've wanted to be a writer since I was six, since the day in first grade when the teacher used our spelling words to write out a sentence on the board and I realized that words could be combined to say EVERYTHING. I even got my B.A. in writing because that's the only thing I ever wanted to do. When I read this over two years ago (yeah, sorry for the late review - anxiety is a bitch and I'd rather hide in a corner before I speak out about anything), all I could think was "damn, my writing sucks compared to this", and it did. But I used your stories, especially your way with characters, as a carrot, something to strive towards, and my writing has improved immensely since then. So I guess I'm trying to say thanks for writing, because your writing inspires me as a writer.

sitabethel (Amber)
Noire Knightmare chapter 8 . 10/21/2014
That was utterly hilarious and fun to read, what with the unique metaphors and the silly comparisons, ranging from shredding prized yaoi collections to riding sexy unicycles. Thanks for the laughs and nosebleeds
Marik'sLeftHand chapter 8 . 7/7/2014
I'm disappointed at the lack of the term "foxy boxes."
Nordic blue chapter 8 . 4/8/2014
So I found this Fanfiction today and read all chapters in one sitting
And I was laughing a lot and smiling and almost crying and fangirling and... and... and...
And now I'm sitting here smiling like an idiot and happy as hell x3

This is the best Thiefshipping fanfiction I've ever read 3
Angel1234 chapter 8 . 2/13/2014
OMG That was so cute/awesome/hot! Please write more thiefshipping fanfiction! :D
Guest chapter 8 . 2/12/2014
Amazing story, great job! :)
BakuraJunkie chapter 3 . 12/15/2013
LittleKuriboh, I understand that you are a very busy man, and that you will probably NEVER EVER see this review. But if you do, let me say that I HATE, absolutely HATE what people are saying to you on tumblr. I love your work, and if anybody has a problem with it or you, they can talk to me about it. If I had a tumblr (and knew how to use it .-.), I'd be all over them like stink on crap.
My sempai, Nefairyious on deviantART, told me all about it. She said that she wanted to make you some fanart to make you feel better. She's a really great artist, you know, you will love what you see, I guaranteed it. My art isn't exactly "up to par" with her art, but it's not too shabby, in my opinion. I wanted to make you some fanart, too. I hope that you like fluffy thiefshipping! :3
...You're probably never going to see this, and I feel the urge to erase this all and leave the page, but I still have that hope that you will...
You're a freaking YouTube god, and don't let any a-holes make you feel any differently. You're my hero, and one of these days, I'm going to finally meet you, and my life will be complete! ₍₍ (・ω・) ⁾⁾
IrkenIshtarGamer chapter 8 . 11/6/2013
Your a good athor,and you make funny videos.
Alunabelle Night Shadow chapter 8 . 10/28/2013
LK, your humor really brightens up my day. Even when I'm at my saddest and just want to hide in my room and cry, away from everyone at school, a quote of yours always somehow manages to cheer me up... Thank you for all you've done for your fans.
Murayama Tsuru chapter 8 . 10/7/2013
Not quite sure I've ever felt such a mix of shame for reading the whole eight chapters all at once and, at the same time (because I really should be doing homework...), joy for reading of reading all eight chapters at once, and sorrow that it's over now and I have to go do other things. Great story, a little late by two years ain't it. What else can I say? Hmm (this is turning into a great review isn't it). I liked how as is was reading this fic I could hear the YGO:TAS voice in my head saying the dialogue. And, I guess without anything else to say, and one more time for good measure, great story.
-村山鶴
DestinyBDamned chapter 8 . 9/22/2013
This is the best friggin story in the history of EVER. Seriously LK, I had no idea you were this good. I am amazed at the description, and how you really have Bakura's inner turmoil down to an art. Also, you capture Marik's innocence so perfectly. Over all the best thing I've ever read on this site...And I'm a fangirl. I've read A LOT.
Bombhopo86000 chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
I know you from Youtube!
:D
shadisis FTW chapter 8 . 7/18/2013
OH MY GOD THAT WAS WONDERFUL
HunterAtNight chapter 8 . 6/25/2013
You know you write awesomely. Nobody at my school would believe I'd read these fanfics, wouldn't even believed I've watched Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged…oh well, this is anime. Seeya and sorry for the sucky reviews! :)
HunterAtNight chapter 6 . 6/25/2013
Ha! Marik doesn't know anything, well in a sort of way…I really have to stop reviewing so much, I do it with all my other favorite authors or just for the chapters I read…
453 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »