Reviews for Periphery
DDAriSieg chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Wow, interesting! I never thought I'd read anything for this pairing, but I make it a habit to check out the works of people who comment/fave my work, and I sure am glad I did!

I really enjoyed this, because the couple and characterization of them came as a surprise to me, but it was a pleasant one, which I felt added some much-needed depth to my own in-head characterizations of them! If ye get my drift..XD

I liked the whole tone of the piece being somewhat fluffy until the last paragraph, which really tells a lot about the two of them, the life they've led, and the people they will become.

Definitely putting this in favorites, and if I find the time for reading more hp ff, I'll certainly remember to check out some more of your work. :D
toomuchchampagne chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
Great characterization of Narcissa, and well-written.
Mittenzs chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Aw, that was really cute! I liked it!
SnowflakeBeautiful chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
That was sweet. I enjoyed it very much so
whispers of the night chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
I really liked this story :) I always enjoy stories about Lucius and Narcissa because they seem so inhumanly bad in the book at some points and it leaves me dissatisfied. Please write more!
MeetVirginia chapter 1 . 7/11/2011
awww, so cute!
Catatonic Muse chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
*coughs* Yes, I know, I've reviewed several of your fics in a row. But that's because I can't tear myself away!

Your ability to create the tone of a piece is incredible. Narcissa's flashback at the end? The keystone-absolutely perfect.

Loved it!
TuesdayNovember chapter 1 . 6/30/2011
So, first, I must apologise for how obscenely long it's taken me to review this. Sorry, Rikki!

Second, I need to heap pounds and pounds of praise on you, because this was INCREDIBLE. The present tense worked perfectly, as did the beautifully pastoral scene, not much described, but with the few words of description you did give us, the scene was vividly and beautifully painted. (And the DANDELION FUZZ! Oh gosh, that made me grin, because the juxtaposition of Lucius being so perfectly wellkempt and then the fuzz in his hair was just too adorable for words.)

But then, WOAH. The turn at the end of this was shocking and stunning and added a whole 'nother dimension to this otherwise pretty but fluffy little fic. The 'red bean' Lucius ate was the blood, of course, and then the yellow, brown and grey of Narcissa's were the breaking glass, the cobblestones and the dust respectively, I expect...

But what really made this even more stunning was the last line: "And that was when Narcissa knew she needed to learn how to pretend," because that's what she does here, and, to an extent, what she does in canon as well.

Erika, I'm honoured that this wonderful fic was written for my prompt. You did an absolutely splendid, stunning job of it, and I adored every word.
Il'Diko chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
A very surprisig end, loved the twist! :) You make Lucius likeable, and no one managed that before... ;) Loved that this one was longer, great writing.
Wolfstorm7 chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Wow. It started out cute and everything. Then the last paragraph hit like BAM and everything changed :'(

Stunning!
Xx starlight-moon xX chapter 1 . 5/26/2011
It's Lucissa! *jumps up and down*

*clears throat*

I mean . . ah, I see you've chosen to write romantic Lucius / Narcissa this time. Inspired choice, m'dear.

*does some more jumping up and down, because REALLY . . .*

ANYWAY. I loved this. I may have been biased. You may have guessed. I'm fairly sure neither of us care. :D

This is absurdly perfect, anyway. And once again, we're quite creepy and in sync. I had an odd piece of head-canon floating about concerning a duel between their fathers, in which one of the children (Narcissa, I believe) gets accidentally hit in the mouth by a curse. Although the duel was at Malfoy Manor, for different reasons, and the whole scene was from the viewpoint of . . . oh yes, Andromeda. (For an Andromeda fic I thankfully delayed until another day. *winces at the thought*) That made me smile though - sometimes we are just . . . strange. Really strange. It's like The Parent Trap. (Although I would hope neither of us grows up to be Lindsay Lohan. *sigh*) Ahem. ANYWAY. I sort of squealed and clapped at thin air a little when I read that final paragraph. Not only because of my own weird head and our own strange similiarities, but because it was such a lovely, unpleasant twist - the perfect counterpoint to the romance of a summer's day.

Which, by the way, I also quite adored. The beans, the dandelion fuzz . . . okay, I just love everything and if I go on any more, I may turn into a gibbering idiot.

(Believe me, I could get worse than this . . . )

If only I could add you to fave authors again.
Lady Eleanor Boleyn chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
Gosh...you have somewhat of a different slant to the whole thing to me, but I loved it all the same! Great job!
Estella May chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
SQUEE! I love well-written Lucissa! This was absolutely my favorite story from the exchange and just all kinds of perfect.

*favs*
opaque-girl chapter 1 . 5/2/2011
The last paragraph was like WOW - it just gave the fic an entirely different dimension.. Great work D
Thanatos Angelos Girl chapter 1 . 5/1/2011
Love it Erika! This was really amazing! Great job.