Reviews for War of the Crests I: Light
Guest chapter 1 . 11/3/2012
HA evey one got badass wepon Davis get a badass lie dytor that never fails god that some thing Cody whould get not Davis that is funny hahahaha
matt.bannon.31 chapter 8 . 10/22/2012
WOAH! This is a great story! Hope you come back to it!
DoubleCresentMoon chapter 8 . 6/4/2012
Great story so far. Now, all I (as well as all the followers of this story) ask is that you update. Please.
Insanity outcast chapter 8 . 2/13/2012
Love the story, hope you update soon
Tanya Takaishi chapter 8 . 9/12/2011
I'm so thrilled you updated! Totally understand real life putting a halt on things. I wish you the best of luck finishing this installement in the series (then I can read it sooner!) Will be looking forward to it.

As for this chapter, you left me with enough to keep me satisfied! So many new questions! Who has Ken? What's really going on with Jake? What the hell are Davis and Kari going to do regarding this new interesting turn in their relationship (I freakin' melted at the scene, btw)? Both the blonde brothers have had their girlfriends cheating with the goggle boys, eek! The dark sea digimon sounded an awful lot like the one that Kari saw in the dark ocean... hmm.

The imagery you've used in this was amazing as usual. Davis staring at the piece of broken glass, the cathedral of the Scribe, Gennai's comparisons of Elle with her mother, and the way you described the difference between the way Kari and Davis cried were all really moments that caught my attention.

You seriously have great talent! I will be patiently waiting for you to complete this masterpiece!
Tanya Takaishi chapter 7 . 7/27/2011
Wow, some intense stuff! The murders/suicides that took place at the bank were horrifically eerie, I can't wait to see how they tie into the plot and if they are related to Jake in some way. Also interested to see what Tommy's role is going to be in all this. He seems to be helping Davis out, but I wonder if he's lulling Davis into a false sense of security. Hopefully Tai and Sora will be coming clean soon now that they've been found out. And the scene with Gennai and his daughter was heartbreaking.

Excited for more!
Shiningheart of ThunderClan chapter 7 . 7/24/2011
-gapes- ... Well... Didn't see that coming. Gennai has a daughter? ... I guess that makes sense, since those pictures Davis found are old as all hell. That means that the woman in the pictures was her mother. But if Gennai's the father, then who the hell is that guy? An uncle? Her brother? -shakes head- I have no clue... Which is why you need to update soon!
Tanya Takaishi chapter 6 . 7/13/2011
Another great chapter! Things seem to be escalating on many levels with many characters. Matt and TK's brother moment was nice to see. It seems like some distance may have grown between them in recent years.

Gatomon's struggle with the memories of her time under Myotismon was very emotional.

I noticed some things for the first time, (for some reason I didn't in previous chapters) like how Davis seems to be particularly close to Gennai now and that Veemon stays with Gennai in the digiworld. I have a feeling there is more to this than what has been revealed so far.

Can't wait to see what's going on with Gennai. If this is anything like your original version, we're in for some interesting drama. I can't wait! Keep it up.
Shiningheart of ThunderClan chapter 6 . 7/10/2011
-frown- Gennai's afraid. That doesn't happen often, but neither does withholding information. Whoever this guy is, he must have known about Hagmon and her bargains, which means he has access to the old legends as well. Maybe they could find someone that worked with Myotismon previously and find out where he got his stash. Update soon!
Shiningheart of ThunderClan chapter 5 . 6/28/2011
-frown- Hm... Me thinks that was the bad guy's plan, it was. To get TK to give up his Crest to save Patamon. So then, Hagmon used to be Witchmon? I thought so... Update soon!
EmD23 chapter 5 . 6/28/2011
Something tells me there's something special about the new crests. Gennai should know their powers can be used without the crest themselves.
Tanya Takaishi chapter 5 . 6/28/2011
And the action begins! Another brilliant chapter and so much potential for this new version of War of the Crests. Jake (at least who I assume is Jake) seems to be targeting TK and I’m very intrigued as to why. Maybe the Hope and Light connection? I’m once again impressed by the extensive mythology/folklore/history you’ve created in the digital world. The tale of the Circle of Five was really intriguing, as well as the whole scene with Hagmon.

I also enjoyed Davis and Kimiko’s date and the suspense of the standing up possibility that led up to it. I didn’t think that seemed like part of Kimiko’s character at all, but I was a little worried. Seems like they are hitting it off quite well and I’m curious to see how this new relationship might affect Davis’s relationship with certain digidestined. I did do a little cheer at the makeout session. Davis so deserves one. ;)

Also, totally cracked up at this line: “And, quite honestly, digimon dating was weird, and sometimes thinking about it conjured images that TK would rather stayed buried in the dirty depths of his mind.” My thoughts about digimon romance exactly, hahaha.

Can't wait for more!
Lord Pata chapter 5 . 6/28/2011
Poor Patamon, that sure was a close call, at least he got healed but at what price, TK gave away the crest of hope. I hope he remembers that the crest and tag is just an object that symbolises the trait he has in his heart. After all with Apocalymon they managed to make their digimon go to ultimate without the need of the crests and tags after they realized the crests are their own hearts

Interesting that Patamon has a thing for Gatomon but something tells me that the feeling may not be mutual, but who knows? it may be
EmD23 chapter 4 . 6/17/2011
So the Digidestined of Friendship's best friends are having an affair behind his back. One can't muster up the Courage to confess and the other betrayed their Love.

Wonderful.

I'm a fan of Taiora, but certainly not like this. I can't wait until Matt punches Tai so hard he knocks him off of his feet.
Tanya Takaishi chapter 4 . 6/13/2011
Excellently written, as usual. I must commend your skills of description. You have a great way of drawing the reader into the world of the characters. The way you described Sora’s apartment (and the parts of it that were dubbed Matt’s, like the kitchen) really brought the image to life, as well as the sensuality of the charcoal markings after Sora and Tai’s tryst. I was totally shocked by their affair, by the way. Although I'm a big Taiora fan, I felt upset at the betrayal! So many lies going on here. Poor Matt.

I also think you portrayed Kari’s reaction to Davis’s date very well. I think it’s natural (whether Kari has any interest in him or not) for a girl to feel a little off when someone who once adored her shows an interest in someone else. You did great with the little details here. I’m going to have a coffee break and get a caramel macchiato today. :)

Can’t wait to see what’s up Jake’s sleeve and to get a little more insight into their relationship this time around. Looking forward to more!