Reviews for Legendary Athlete
I really like this fic is short of continuation of Mute, Too. I somewhat expected Anton to go to Sinnoh and runs into Darkrai, but it's a wishful thinking. It also reminds me of No Antidote. So many layers, one upon anothers.
Overall, nice fic.
Kimnd chapter 1 . 6/5
HAVE I MENTIONED THAT THIS IS POSSIBLY ONE OF THE MOST INGENIOUS PIECES OF FANFICTION I HAVE EVER READ
BECAUSE IT IS
THAT IS ALL, GOOD DAY
Talgoran chapter 11 . 5/30
My thoughts as I read:
- Excellent dialogue, unpredictable, captivating. I can tell this will be excellent.
- Kind of a shame the story is largely (thus far) about competitive events that would be so excitingly and easily visualized in another medium like a film, but are hard to understand in text.
- Sad when it was revealed that Anton tried to compete as a human. Well done moment. :(
- Event 8, second half, coulda been condensed. Dragged on.
- Awwww it's unfinished? It's really good though! I liked this better than No Antidote. It seems like you're just about at the end! I presume you stopped due to all the emotional conflict seemingly over. Like now the characters are set on training together to the end, and are bonding, etc. Why not just throw on a finishing chapter, about okay they know all the events, the training continued, yay happy ending?
I mean this story is about the journey it seems, not the actual competition. And you're almost there. Blegh.
- Really great story, for the most part, in my opinion. Very cool conflict, and the dilemmas that Anton go through are especially poignant. Thank you very much for the story, unfinished as it is! I learned plenty for my own fanfiction writing.
ForgotToForget chapter 11 . 4/14
hello there.
so i stumbled upon this fic about 1 day ago. i really enjoyed it. you did not continue. i dont usually tale the time to review, this was worth it. please continue. going through a very difficult time in my life i looked forward to reading this at the end of the day. i am asking you, give me something to look forward to again. its not too late to start back up again...
im waiting.

*ForgotToForget*
UnsungMelody2209 chapter 11 . 8/27/2014
First of all hello!
In these past two days since my attention was brought upon your story, I have found myself enthralled and completely submersed into this story. Granted I do not have much time to read, which is regrettable, I made an effort in utilizing all my sparse and valuable time into reading this story. It is truely a work of art.

I enjoy how everything you wrote has some significance, whether at the moment or meant to be used as a build up to some sort of epiphany. It is a very clever writing style that interacts and entertains with the reader so it feels as though the reader and the character have both stumbled upon the same idea simultaneously.

The use of ethos to overpower Mewtwo's unbiased and uncaring nature was a good way to bring him out if his shell without seeming to forceful or to blunt. It was a calm transition that seemed almost natural. Though he still preserves his sense of individualism and superiority which makes him Mewtwo.

Lastly I would like to know why you have left such a beautifully crafted story unfinished. Halfway through my reading i noticed that the amount of chapters left didn't correspond correctly to the progress of time that the chapters were paced in to reach a suitable conclusion and feared for the worst. My fears came to fruition when I reached the concluding chapter just to realize another marvelous adventure had been forgotten. I hope that is not the case.
I read a comment stating something about taking two years for a update. I hope that is not the case either.
So please may this feeble review touch your heart and inspire you to continue this story. I have read other reviews about another story you have read and decided to start reading that one as well. Well see you later I work and good luck!
dragoncreators chapter 11 . 3/2/2014
Sorry, I know his name is Anton, I just typed Antony for some reason.
Poor Mewtwo just keeps messing up. This sort of reminds me of No Antidote.

Really amazing story, please keep going.
dragoncreators chapter 10 . 3/2/2014
Aww, Mewtwo is so confused.

Antony is awesome.
dragoncreators chapter 9 . 3/2/2014
Wow, this is so messed up. Poor Antony.
in a way, the Master ball represents everything that is wrong with the Pokelathon, the contradiction of saying one thing and doing another. Saying pokemon and humans can stand side by side and making it possible, only to ban humans. Saying you are empathetic and treat pokemon like equals, only to make it so you can enslave them.

Geez it's messed up.
dragoncreators chapter 6 . 3/2/2014
Oh shi** Mewtwo needs to stop playing god. He is really messing with poor Anton's head! Poor dude!
dragoncreators chapter 5 . 3/2/2014
Aww, poor Anton! Mewtwo, give it a shot!
dragoncreators chapter 4 . 3/2/2014
Mewtwo saying Pokemon posses better 'superhuman' powers is kind of redundant and counter argumentative. but anyway I totally agree with Anton.
dragoncreators chapter 3 . 3/2/2014
Aww, poor Anton! Evil pokelathon!

Awesome story so far!
PortalFan626 chapter 11 . 9/25/2013
This is amazing! More!
danmatt chapter 11 . 8/10/2013
As with all of your stories, this one is fantastically unique. Each one seems to have a completely original plot, and winds up taking completely unexpected turns along the way. I look forward to seeing the rest of this story play out as you continue writing it!
StarlightDragon1636 chapter 11 . 3/14/2013
It's nice to see that Mewtwo is capable of finding enjoyment in the simple things in life now. A question though, why doesn't he want to cross the ocean? It's been a long time since I've seen any of the movies, so I've forgotten.