Reviews for The Game of Three Generals
Lala Sharada chapter 23 . 6/11
This was yet another fantastic installment in your Elemental Chess trilogy! Everything is concluded at last! The climax of this story is so well executed, I am actually surprised to learn that you didn't do that much initial planning for this story and its overeaching plot. That is mighty impressive, to me, actually.
Well anyway, kudos girl! This story is fantasic and I would gladly read absolutely anything else you might have written. Btw, that finale reunion kiss with Roy and Riza at the end of all the drama is just everything important and good to me. God, I love Royai so much!
purpleswans chapter 17 . 4/18
Okay, just want to suggest a older movieunderappreciated book series the beginning of this chapter reminded me of: look up "the Scarlet Pimpernel" there's a movie from somewhere in the 70s or 80s that has a scene that reminds me of the mock execution.
Raccoon Launcher chapter 23 . 3/17
Thank you very much for writing this. I liked the closure the whole series gave everyone, and it felt like a real continuation of the anime/manga; in my head, this will forever be canon. I also enjoyed how you made convincing normal, human villains pose a real threat where the obvious choice would be to pull another gang of Homunculi from nowhere or make Hughes come back as a homunculus (which is what I thought was going on in Brilliancy until you said he wasn't alive). This is one of the best-written fanfics I've ever read, and the best in FMA.
princess-j3ss chapter 23 . 2/7
So I’m here once again, not having reviewed every chapter like I probably should have, but recorded some of my thoughts as I was reading so I could leave you one giant screaming review.
-Okay so the whole time I was sitting here reading your authors notes and the story like ‘don’t kill Roy, don’t kill Roy, don’t kill Roy’ and when he got arrested I actually had to go take a walk like I DID NOT SEE THIS COMING.
-The way you write all the characters is just so wonderful, but I really adore the way you capture Olivier (who is, coincidentally my favourite character HAHA) and her relationship with Mustang makes me laugh. ‘Don’t ask stupid questions’ was also a gem and I'm so glad you decided to include her.
-Roy’s chapter before being sentenced to death BROKE ME OH GOD HIS WIFE IS PREGNANT YOU CANNOT EXECUTE HIM FOR A CRIME HE DID NOT COMMIT
-As a sidenote, I'm not typically a fan of pregnancy plots but this worked in so seamlessly and I didn't even question it I was just like YEP OKAY AND WE'RE PREGNANT GOOD
-Oh thank god the firing squad the reLIEF IS REAL
-GRUMMAN IS ALIVE HE’S ALIVE I SCREAMED SO LOUDLY MY DOG GROWLED AT ME HAHA
-YOU GAVE THEM TWINS SJDFHSKJFH honestly I didn’t see that coming either, but it’s so perfect.

This was an amazing trilogy, I can’t even put into words how much I enjoyed it or how much reading it meant to me, how much you did the characters justice, and how amazing and elaborate your plots were without being overcomplicated or hard to follow. Thank you, thank you so much for all the work that went into writing this, this was a trilogy recommended to me by so many people (as I'm really new to the fandom) when I joined it, and I'm so happy that I was able to read it. I cried at the end HAHA the same way I cry when I finish reading any other book. (But reading your authors notes at the end - and actually throughout all your fics - made me laugh so all is well.)
Anonymous Person chapter 17 . 11/18/2016
Looking back at it (this is my second read through) the part where Havoc reveals himself as part of the shooting squad is in my opinion the best scene in the entire story. It literally screams turning point! Possibility of a happy ending ahead! Not to mention it ensures that no one who appears to be part of the firing team would ever actually harm Roy. Yep, without a doubt that is my personal favorite scene from "The Game of Three Generals".
Guest chapter 22 . 8/14/2016
Arakawa herself could not have penned a better sequel to her own series... Awesome work!
medjai73 chapter 23 . 8/11/2016
Awesome story! Hope you keep it up!
Guest chapter 9 . 3/29/2016
NKRJEJEJNENDNDN I AM FEELING SO MANY EMOTIONS GAAAAAA
but seriously i love this so so well written, humorous and dramatic in equal measure, and honestly just makes me smile while I read(although maybe not this chapter because MY HEART)
Missy Skywalker chapter 23 . 1/10/2016
Thank you so much for this series. It was so much fun to read! I really liked your writing style and the ways you got inside so many of the characters' heads. It is a fun way to imagine the post-series universe!
NoOrdinaryAuthor chapter 8 . 9/20/2015
my children omg
NoOrdinaryAuthor chapter 4 . 9/16/2015
just so you know i've fully accepted anything you write in the fma verse to be canon. anything.
NoOrdinaryAuthor chapter 3 . 9/16/2015
HAVECKY NEWSHIP HAS SAILED THIS WAS THE CUTEST CHAPTER EVER
NoOrdinaryAuthor chapter 2 . 9/12/2015
im not gonna lie, i shrieked
NoOrdinaryAuthor chapter 1 . 9/12/2015
you know, i really would like you to know that your fics are helping me deal with the emotional trauma that comes with the aftermath of finishing the manga for the first time. this trilogy is like the perfect undiluted future fic and exactly what i need right now. god fucking bless.
thatonearomalady chapter 17 . 8/13/2015
You, dear sir, deserve an award for this.