Reviews for Tabitha's Diary
Starfox5 chapter 4 . 2/20/2014
Very funny Story, I am hoping it'll continue - I can't wait to see Tabitha's reaction to the goblet, and Harry's treatment by everyone but Hermione.
R. Howard Lawrence chapter 4 . 12/20/2013
I'm glad to see this tale is not dead but I was saddened to hear about the frequency of prospective updates from your profile.

I wish you the best of luck with your muse and creativity

Great story by the way if you haven't inferred that from my commennts
fellow chapter 4 . 11/8/2013
Cool
dammyd chapter 4 . 10/19/2013
I definitely see the dilemma of continuing this story. It won't last much in its present state. I guess the best thing to do is to make Tabitha have a really important effect on the story and deviate from JK Rowlings timeline altogether. Otherwise, what we will have is a recounting of Jk Rowling's original Harry potter from Tabitha's view with a little humor involved whenever she or her families does something. An area I can see you exploiting is Harry surviving the killing cause. The fact that he survived a killing curse should not necessary make him a witch or warlock like Tabitha but it can give him some sort of extra ability - the power he knows not. Maybe he will have the power to cancel out a warlock's magic or something. And you will properly have to find a reason to stop Tabitha from interfering with Voldermort otherwise it will be over from the start. Find new adventures for them, have an event shock Harry into growing up - maybe Sirius Dying. Just make him fail an event so that he will realize he has been coasting on luck alone. Maybe complete humiliation during a task at the Triwizard Competition. You can always make the task fit you. I really feel you can get a story out of this
shushanepa chapter 4 . 10/12/2013
I like this story and Harry/Tabitha pairing will be good.
Ohaeolin chapter 4 . 10/8/2013
Maybe the reason for no commentary is that there are no problems with the scene. Either that or I have read so much fanfic that I can't tell a fragmented scene from a good one. Actually, everything applies to the story. The scene does jump around giving different viewpoints but it is not distracting and flows chronologically. Is there something more that you can't seem to get worked in, maybe? I see no problems and look forward to more.
georgialuvr chapter 4 . 10/7/2013
bravo...I could hear Paul Lynde speaking I think you have the wright flayver uncle Auther...pleas keep it going...
Shinkicker chapter 4 . 10/4/2013
Hehe... Cute little chapter.
Joe Lawyer chapter 4 . 10/4/2013
I suppose it fits, to a degree. The immortals are so long-lived and so used to doing whatever catches their fancy, this chapter is certainly plausible. They are restricted to a degree, though, by matters of politeness and not messing with other immortal magicals beyond good taste, athough a lot would probably be allowed simply because they’re so eccentric and it’s harmless.

Tabitha might be used to Arthur’s shenanigans, but she isn’t at home. She’s in the middle of a very delicate field study that is important to her research. The second that Arthur’s head appeared, she’d likely freeze the entire room in place and erase the last few seconds of everyone’s memories and then explain to Arthur that she’s in the middle of something and that his continued presence would put her research into jeopardy. That seems likely given her powers. She wouldn’t go ‘oh shucks, Arthur is at it again’ and just continued her meal and left him in place to cause more trouble and attract more attention. Her field study could be ruined before it even really started. And Arthur isn’t really mean-spirited, just juvenile, so he’d probably be fine with that.

At worst, she could simply call her grandmother to sort it out.

Well, so far I’m slightly intrigued, but Harry is such a non-entity in the story so far and written so poorly, it’s hard to stomach. Maybe you’re trying to set up a startling before and after she comes into his life…I don’t know…but I hope to see some development there.

I’ll alert it for now and see how things develop, if it doesn’t get abandoned that is. This story was started in 2011 and yet it only has 4 chapters now.
Joe Lawyer chapter 3 . 10/4/2013
Well, I'm quite looking forward to more Harry, even if you are happy to write him like a buffoon or so unimpressive it's nearly the same thing.
Joe Lawyer chapter 2 . 10/4/2013
Another way to bridge the age gap is to play the killing curse he survived as the cause for reactivating long held dormant DNA. Like the Lovegoods, the Potters were an old wizarding family. It would be easy to swing the idea that Harry had immortal DNA in his ancestry that the killing curse activated. I’ve read other fanfictions that took that route to reactivate some magical creature abilities. I think it would work here too.

I’m a little disappointed in how you’re writing Harry. I know he was kind of lackluster in canon, but he’s grunting at Tabitha when she greets him. Harry is not Ron…and Sirius hasn’t died yet, so why is he being written so damn moody? I have a bad feeling you are going to highlight everything wrong and uninspiring about Harry this story without making much of an attempt to improve him. Most fanfiction is about improving him or his circumstances in various ways. And a lot of the reasons/explanation for why he’s lacking can be laid at the feet of others. The Dumbledore conspiracy fans have hundreds of thousands of stories on this site that go into detail on all the many, many forces that shaped Harry into his less than stellar character in canon. If you have little desire to see Harry and Tabitha together, or to make it work despite their differences, I suppose this is one way to do it.
Joe Lawyer chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
Huh, I’m rather impressed by the start of the story. I think there is an opportunity for great storytelling in this type of crossover. I do agree with your author’s note comments about the difference in lifespan, but canon does give Harry the opportunity to become the “master of death” at the end. He willingly chose to forsake that title. Of course we know nothing about what that title means (Rowling like with so many concepts didn’t explore it), but most fanfiction that takes up the subject believes, at a minimum, that it grants immortality. Other stories on that same subject grant Harry tremendous powers. Some of the more intense one even grant the ability to travel throughout the multiverse, where Death holds dominion. It is a universal force after all.

There is also the philosopher’s stone. Which could conceivably be recreated. So there are options to him that are canon derived to bridge the gap in lifespans. Maybe even to grant Harry power beyond these immortals.

You mentioned Harry possibly having a problem with his age difference from Tabitha. It’s only 15 years. He had no seeming problem with Tonks/Lupin and I think they were close to that 15 years in difference.

I’m quite curious to see what you’ll do on these issues.
gaschalk chapter 4 . 10/4/2013
I just love a good laugh. Thank you. I am enjoying your story and wish you and Cell would get together and finish both your stories. I am not saying there is anything wrong with your story or writing. No! It is that both stories are very good and enjoyable. It is that both are taking so long to update. I know you said that Cell's story "The Elder Sect" is on the back burner and that is a shame. I look forward to every new chapter of both your stories. Just keep writing and that will keep me happy.
Stan Chalk
Engrprince chapter 4 . 10/4/2013
Great update I love your Arthur. Thanks
Engrprince chapter 3 . 10/4/2013
This a great story. I read it a few months back and when you updated it I thought I would read it again. I am looking forward to more updates. Thanks
97 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »