Reviews for Paper Cuts and Patchwork Phoenixes
artephile chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
What poetic prose! The passage of time and action is nicely relayed, albeit with a hint of ambiguity. Katniss' introspection is well crafted, and I would love to see a Peeta POV as well.
LeLa London chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
This was really emotional and oh so wonderful
grumpbear chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
lovely story
Wendy Brune chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Oh wow. Just wow. I was desperately needing a good Peeniss and failing so hard at finding one. The trick is to find a story that acknowledges the darkness and dysfunction before running into the romance because Katniss /isn't/ the romantic, she's the scarred girl on fire. You satisfying my desire on every single level with this brilliantly written little story. I'm still trying to put my thoughts all together, so do excuse the messiness of this review.

You kept the characters so in check, from the beginning to the end and everything in between. I'm glad that Katniss wasn't magically healed, that we saw her pain. Even more, I love your imagery of rebirth from that pain. It was powerful and moving, and just so well written. This could easily be canon - it's sort of become canon for me.

My favorite scene was by far the scene where they clipped the primrose. It was very creative, very moving, and in my mind, very symbolic. It was a lovely piece of writing that had me very moved. The characters reacted here as I would imagine them to - Peeta not wanting to pick it, Katniss urging it on - which really made me believe the rest of the story.

I also loved your ending. I'm not a big M-fiction reader, nor am I really into the whole "sex scene," but damn if yours wasn't just so perfect. You actually made it integral to the story instead of just a fangirl's fantasies. I loved the rebirth motif throughout, but especially how you tied it into the love making.

There are some grammar mistakes, but they're the typical kind that don't ruin the story at all. It doesn't detract horribly, so I won't go through and point them all out obnoxiously for you.

As I tend to do with most longer pieces, I often write part of the review as I go, quoting the line(s) that trigger a certain response. Here's what made me think.

/For Peeta, though, she was his one and only kill./

Technically, didn't he end that girl at the camp fire? Maybe it doesn't count, though, since he didn't do the mortal wounding. Not important at all, just a curiosity I had! )

/Now we were two patchwork people, like stuffed and stitched phoenixes that had been propped over a mantle since neither could rise victoriously from the flames./

Well this is simply lovely. Very nice metaphor here! It's very effective and leaves me with a sense of sadness, as well.

/Warmth grew with the spring, which brought with it the buttery, translucent petals that bordered my home./

Maybe you didn't mean it this way, but I find this a very interesting word choice with buttery. It reminds me of Katniss comparing Peeta to a dandelion, and now we have the baking imagery of the flowers. I don't know if you meant this or not, but it seems like an apt symbol. If you did, more power to you. If you didn't, maybe your subconscious did!

/"It's thyme Katniss. It won't hurt you." Sae was wrong; time hurt./

Creative puns. I approve. )

/Now that my heart had broken through, the pain, the light, the life, was pouring out, consuming, like all burning things did. Burning things. Burning things./

Very smart way to come back full circle with the Girl on Fire. You're a very intelligent writer; you do a great job of slipping in these subtle nuances that make the story so much richer!

Overall, this was just beautiful and inspired. Thank you for actually writing a plausible, well-done Peeniss fic. Favorited for sure!
Virginia May chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Thank you so much for sharing. Painful, but beautiful.
Miki chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
I liked it very much. Thanks!
A chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Loved it. So beautiful, so them. Thanks!
Rory22 chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
Just beautiful. This little one-shot is so full of feeling. I loved it!
wheather79 chapter 1 . 3/15/2012
Absolutely amazing! So lovely and heartfelt. xo
Guest chapter 1 . 3/5/2012
Beautiful. Just gorgeous.
BeccaAFW chapter 1 . 2/25/2012
Loved it! You are a good writer. I hope you pursue your writing in the non fanfic realm and earn reimbursement you are so deserving of. My only piece on is along the same lines so it is always fun to see another's view. That is actually how I found yours; I'm glad at least I am not alone in the search for more and the beautiful progression of 'Katniss Mockingjay' to 'Katniss Phoenix' ;) Best wishes!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
Ravishingly beautiful.
Duchess Dewdrop chapter 1 . 2/3/2012
Beautiful, just beautiful. What a wonderful one shot. I love your twi works, but I really hope you will write some more HG fics too. Thanks so much for this wonderful story.
coldplaywhore chapter 1 . 1/14/2012
I was late to the HG show, but this was a nice little treat :) I wish there was more quality HG fic out there like this :) Thanks for writing.
DeeDeeINFJ chapter 1 . 1/10/2012