Reviews for One Step At A Time
Espeon35 chapter 8 . 9/2/2016
Who knew a beedrill can be a badass. It show me a whole new side of the Pokemon beedrill.
OXYCODONEFROG chapter 3 . 3/11/2012
Oh me God! They killed Harper!

You bastards!
OXYCODONEFROG chapter 1 . 3/11/2012
Very nice.

Rein Green... Any relation to the man Red Green?

Overall, a very good first chapter.

Keep it up!
The mysterious chapter 8 . 7/22/2011
well, will Red appear and join Leaf's journey? if so, that would be so cool. oh yeah, review your story, honestly, i like it all right. but, you haven't update this story. update please.
mintfree chapter 8 . 7/9/2011
Along with your beautiful writing style, the story is amazing and the characters are so easy to empathise with. The new zubat is soo cute :D. Keep up the great work!
Minchy chapter 7 . 7/1/2011
Another nuzlocke challenge story from our favorite librarian. :V

I don't know which to choose as my favorite story: Your moemon version or this one. I am really thrilled for another chapter for this story. Despite some rare typo (feet instead of feed), your writing is solid and top-notch. I look forward for more stories for you!
Raara chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
Oak's way to nice... ad Geki always has to be a douche. That's how the world works. XD It's always nice to see more Nuzlocke fics. :D And Green is my favorite...female...playable character...thing. XD SO I like this one more than others already... Hehe Tyler... I can never take that name seriously.(My last name is Tyler... yeah. XD)
PhoenixFTW chapter 7 . 5/24/2011
Good story. The pokemon deaths add realism that you rarely see in pokefics, and also provide character growth for Rein. I'll say it again: good story.
Delu chapter 7 . 5/24/2011
Well, sassafrass. Two gyms in one chapter? Hells yes! Also: I hate the friggin' Vermilion Gym. That puzzle... ugh. Glad for the easy wins, though, it's certainly nice to see no losses.
mintfree chapter 6 . 5/20/2011
I feel bad for forgetting to review. I also feel bad for not being able to review every chapter due to time constraints. But I promise I'll review every chapter that you write after this.

Having an inspirational title like "One Step At a Time" didn't really appeal to the senseless bastard writing this review. The fact that it was Pokemon didn't help. But I saw that you were upset about the amount of reviews you were getting. I made a promise to myself that I would read through it and review, to make you happy. I had no idea I would enjoy the story this much.

First of all, the writing is terrific. I wish my writing was that beautiful when I took my Midterm :D.

Secondly, I never imagined Pokemon could be so touching. I remember it as "train, win, beat friends to the elite four." I never thought Pokemon could bring me close to tears (okay, so maybe I have some emotions.)

Lastly, the ending of that last chapter was, excuse my language, :The Fucking Shit:. It filled that feeling of revenge I needed to see. It was amazing.

Keep up the great work!

123zc
Fenrir of the Shadows chapter 6 . 5/19/2011
My advice:

Don't get discouraged just because of a low review count. Bar the rare typo, this story is very well-written, and the characters are wonderful. For example, Keith made me reconsider Beedrill as a whole, and now I think rather highly of them. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Guest chapter 5 . 5/14/2011
iknoright D:

GEH. I hate nuzloke chalanges, but I can't help but do them! They're always so tempting! And most of the time, I cheat but then the pokemon dies. And then, I mourn. TT

Well, on topiicc~ Hello there! I'm Wishes. Your story caught my eye the other day. :3 I love how sad you make the story v.v I felt like I was attached to them from the way you described them! I really love how each pokemon have different personalities that seem to work out, and that you actually hit the bastard! I was SO CLOSE to banging my DS on the ground and screaming when my own spearow died to his ratata, but I smiled when my buterfree kicked it's ass! I felt like litterally stabbing him if he was real. ._.

But i really want him to learn how it feels to loose his pokemon. Gosh. Fucking bastard. D:

Well, yeah. Had to rant a little there /sweatdrop

Ah, I love where the story is going, too! Your character just connects with the pokemon so well. :3

d'awww TT

I still feel depressed.

Ah well, I gotta get my very low leveled pokeymans up and ready for the elite, so g'night! :3
venus explosion chapter 5 . 5/13/2011
fine i'll try harder ;)

i love the characterisation of beedrill, the way he views his trainer as his queen is something alot of writers neglect, the mindset of the pokemon involved not just the trainer :)

also i think i was more sad that ian died than linda tbh :/ im not entirely sure why :p and i loved the idea of a bdyguard beedril, confident but not cocky ivysaur and the shy and timid sandshrew :)

rip ian :(

i kind of enjoy how anthropomorphic the pokemon are :)

i hope this review is better
blazevoir chapter 5 . 5/12/2011
Hiya! I guess I'm a couple chapters late in reviewing - I started reading after chapter three - and I'm sorry.

Normally, I don't have an interest in these types of stories, but after seeing the first few chapters come in so quickly, and recognizing the author's name (I liked 'Et tu, Poké', and 'Kagamine Chronicles' as well, btw }), I decided to give it a shot. It really was better than I thought it would be, given how bad, to me, these types of stories tend to be. I especially like the way you incorporate normally "hidden" things like levels and stats. But even more so, the actual element of danger that is involved. I actually teared up a bit when Linda and Ian died. Well, more for Linda, because she was around longer and she was Keith’s sister. Anyways... umm, at the time, I was wondering if you’d give her a pikachu around Viridian Forest, but looking back I’m kind of glad you avoided that cliché. Nothing against Pikachu and all, but it seems like it would be rather common in fiction. A cliché, if just for the anime’s sake, at any rate.

Okay, moving on; I love Rein. Even if I did have to go back to chapter one to find her name just now ;p. I like that she actually has character to her, and she isn’t just some two dimensional character who’s the “Rookie Goddess of all things Pokémon”, or what have you. While she is proving to be more powerful than her peers, you’re still following the basic progression of the games, and that’s what you’re supposed to do in the games anyway, so I see no fault in it at all. In fact, to me at least, Tyler seemed to evolve late…though I usually go with Charmander and so need Metal Claw to get by Brock anyway… The fact that she is a bit of a bully also helps. It shows that she’s human, more specifically, a girl who wants a good place to sleep at night p. That, and she seems to have a slight addiction to power…

You know, going back to chapter one, I had never really considered before just why the player had to try leaving Pallet in the beginning. I mean, every other regional game provides a reason for leaving home, but in Kanto… nothing, at least not until you’re actually assigned a reason to leave. I mean, Johto had you run an errand where you otherwise would have stayed home, and Hoenn had you go off to first help the resident professor then to meet his kid. Sinnoh had your friend drag you of to find a rare pokémon, either at the nearby lake of the next town over. Unova was the only one where the original intention was to become a trainer. But when I read that first chapter, it just clicked for me, just who she was, why she was leaving, and so on.

Hmmm…on review, I seem to be missing a connecting line…meh. So, anyways, I can’t seem to find too many problems with your work. Your grammar is clear and readable, you don’t go overboard with power and pokémon and all that stuff. Oh, I’m sure there are some mistakes, but only because I have yet to read a fic yet that was perfect everywhere. It really helps that you have a beta. I really wish everyone had a good beta, it would be so much easier to find good stories.

Anyway, I’m looking forward to chapters six, and seven, and eight, and so on. One this story’s best characteristics, I think, is the quick rate of update. hmm…that rhymed…

Oh! If you haven’t read it yet, I highly recommend “The Sun Soul”, by 50caliberchaos. It’s a rather ingenious work that puts Pokémon into a real world setting, and it isn’t as much as a “Let’s all be friends”, so much as it’s, well…ah, let’s just say it’s not that friendly, and leave it at that. Anyway, it’s one of the best Pokéfics I’ve ever read.

Anyway, on to review the review ) Okay, it’s been reviewed. Sorry if it’s too long )

~Ja ne, Kiga-chan
Manser77 chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
You so got that summary from playing a board game