Reviews for The Clash of two Worlds
Santamadre chapter 8 . 1/30/2013
Hahaha, that was hillarious. Ranma's starting to get supsicious. I kinda like Ukyo, I hope to see more of her in follow chapts :D

Is Mousse gonna show up at some point? Now, that would be weird...
Mikako chapter 8 . 1/30/2013
I love this story! That was so amazing! I like how Shampoo shows that she likes her without actually saying anything that's so cute!
VlightPhase chapter 7 . 1/26/2013
I don't know why but Fanfiction is not letting me login and review.
Overall I like how this chapter came out. You still manage to capture the strangled emotions and reactions of Ranma, Akane, and Shampoo. One thing I miss from the earlier version was Shampoo's story about the water horse and foreign women being like the horse. I liked that story and thought it did a lot to explain Shampoo's actions. Your writing has improved a lot with added detail but there still are the occasional misspelled word.
Thanks for the chapter!
Hat O' Doom chapter 7 . 1/26/2013
Nabiki is just asking for it. Anyways, this was a good update. Both of them really. It would have been better for you to release the second update next week though so it stays on the front page longer...but what do I know I'm just a reader not a writer!

Keep up the great work!
AliceTheBookGirl chapter 7 . 1/25/2013
Whoa, I cannot imagine what Shampoo is thinking now. I can't wait to see however, if Akane is going to end up taking Shampoo's advice and become some mean bully, or if she'll prevail and deal with all this drama her own way without hurting others.

I also hope to see more from Ranma's point of view. His thoughts must be all other the place.

Keep it up!
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 7 . 1/25/2013
After displaying just how superior Ranma is to someone like Akane (who despite her potentials neither trains as hard nor have proper teacher nor bothers with too crazy stuff), I think he actually allows Akane to hit him most of the time (out of some strange notion of making up for his slip ups). Though there are times I'm sure he is caught completely off-guard (especially when he says something unthoughtful and does not ever realize he ruined the good mood until it hits him).

A pity I like Ryouga too much... the poor sap is so emotionally screwed up that it makes kind of sense when he pretends to be a pig to... smuggle affection.

It's just as much Nabiki's fault as it is Soun's.

... Ranma usually tries to improve his standing with his fiance when there's jealousy involved. Despite his massive ego (or maybe because of it) Ranma is rather insecure when it comes down to it and it has little to do with his curse and more with his lack of social skills (which he does not acknowledge) and the fact that he never gets heart of women despite being one (physically anyways) half the time and all games of pretend he had gone through.

As always I cheer for Ranma-Shampoo (despite knowing Ranma pretty much had fallen for Akane).

Blinded.
Dummy Perception chapter 7 . 1/25/2013
Depressing... D:
Okay, if that's how you see the . maybe she does go that far sometimes. But Anyway...
It was funny too. And that's just so like Shampoo... You just made her adorable..
EH? I don't know what I'm talking about anymore, so maybe I'll just wait for more to say more... Errr... never mind, just do the update sooner 'kay? :))
Santamadre chapter 7 . 1/25/2013
Uh, oh...let's hope Shampoo's got good intentions. Are they really going to flee to China to get married?!
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 6 . 1/25/2013
You know, while I CAN understand Shampoo, doing stuff and being generally shameless and ultra-pushy around Ranma, Nabiki on the other hand is a plain irredeemable witch.

If she had done this to anyone else I would have understand it, but to her own sister? This is not some Hentai-horde that was already going on thanks to a rich idiot and she could say "Akane can handle it"... and the problem is I can totally see her doing something like that.
AliceTheBookGirl chapter 6 . 1/23/2013
Huh, I'm almost afraid to see what Ranma's reaction to this is. If he heard Akane shouting Nabiki's name, then he should know not to believe everything the pictures show. Then again...these characters do tend to be a little slow, no matter who they are...
Santamadre chapter 6 . 1/23/2013
Lol- Nabiki's such a bitch...I would buy a picture of that, though. I wonder what the Joketsuzoku think about homosexuality...
Dummy Perception chapter 6 . 1/23/2013
Darn right it's been long.
Hardest of the scandals to get out of, with a solid and easy-to-misinterpret proof...
But why does Nabiki have to do that? Isn't that just a little too far?
But that just made things more interesting!
Ganheim chapter 2 . 10/22/2012
Anything he did had her to jump to the conclusion that he either loved her or was pursuing her
[Granted, he explicitly did so in the reverse jewel arc. It’s obvious she is put-off by Mousse’s smothering efforts, yet still desires affection]

Well…she's a nasty player
[That really applies to all three (four), really. Akane’s act while Ukyou was trying to muscle in, Ukyou’s act to try to guilt Ranma into going with her, the list goes on. I’ve even heard argument that Kasumi is a closet sadist, because she sees almost everything that goes on and never once speaks up to stop a lot of problems from spinning out of control]

Men were not supposed to do that sort of things to women, no matter how angry they might be
[I find it both fitting (it’s characteristic) and highly hypocritical for Akane to think this. She assumes that anything she does is justified because she’s the one doing it, but if anybody else inconveniences her then it’s rude or worse. Actually, Takahashi’s female characters have a disturbing tendency to this very dangerous moral myopia…]

"HENTAI!" She howled
[I’m reminded of D B Sommer’s “Avenging”]

He had always being
[been]

She asked the most uncomfortable and invasive question she could have ever made
[I think there are a number of more invasive questions – this one is actually a rather obvious, dangling one, given the public nature of their fights and the fact that they’re so often on display for the other fiancées. You can argue that this is just a tool by Takahashi (to this I would acknowledge it is – a tool for lazy writing), or that it reflects the self-duplicity of humans (which is an oversimplification of the complex interactions that we’re buffeted by all the time)…]

Mousse was born with deficient eye-sight
[I think it’s his tendency to judge everything around him as a tool or object that she’s put off by. No, that’s not saying that Shampoo doesn’t do the same thing off and on, but that’s probably the biggest thing she dislikes about him]

It was not an art of war but of peace
[I’ll always say: you can take the art out of “martial art”, but you can never take out the war. That’s why it requires discipline and respect, otherwise you’re just creating dangerous robots]

Arrow what shoot from Xue Dong never stop if no hit prey
[In the days before Skynet, before the T-800…there was the Xue Dong…]

We friend too
[I still see too many incongruities. First, they’ve been acquaintances and allies several times, but never friends. They’re after mutually exclusive goals and both are willing to do nearly anything to bump the other out of the way (that’s one of the more interesting aspects of the fiancée polygon, pity that Takahashi never really goes very deep into it). I still don’t think she’d say “I can’t kill this person because they’re a friend, you kill them for me. Oh, but you and I are friends”. See how this weakens your idea of Shampoo having friends at all? Either she has some and puts boundaries on them like all humans in the world do, or she doesn’t have any and everybody’s either out of the way or an obstacle to be removed]

hard as gates
[Normally I see a reference to a stone or some such, gates are not always hard and they are also moveable as part of their definition]

It expensive! No made in China
[Funny]

You trash my home all the time
[Um…no she doesn’t. It stopped pretty quickly after she realized that there were insurance agencies and zoning laws in Japan. She did it to start with because she probably was still in a cultural disconnect where destruction of minor personal property was disregarded because you simply took a day to repair the wall and then moved on with your life. In a village of martial artists it may have happened often]

You’ve smoothed a lot of details, but I still disagree with your portrayal of Shampoo. It’s less bipolar (or fully split-personality) than last time, though not completely. I see too many dichotomies, too many contradictions for one person to be fleshed out as a believable human (instead I suspect she’ll become a device, and characters are rarely interesting as merely literary devices).
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 5 . 9/13/2012
1) Guess (or Xian) is wrong about Genma. Genma is a professional con-artist, as opposed to martial artist... I even doubt if he knew about "Kiss of Marriage/Death" he would not try to exploit and abuse it for a dinner ( Like sending male-Ranma to fight Shampoo (without telling Ranma about the deal) and then spiriting Ranma away along with marriage gifts, and party's dinner. He kinda did the same to Ukyo.

2) While I wouldn't call Shampoo evil (despite her viciousness), Nabiki is definately one evil person. She knows what she is doing is wrong and will turn Ranma and Akane's life into living hell (I highly doubt she could not stop the Assault Dates are start of the series, but she didn't because she had no gain) but she still does it.

The other candidate of evil-girl is Kodachi, who is most likely (or most definitely) insane and is kind of excuse. But Nabiki? She does what she can to collect money.

3) Guess that "Ranma saved people for the thrill of a good challenge" is from Shampoo's point of view (considering whenever He DOES save her he immediately turns away as if he did it just for the challenge of saving. And it would hurt her less if she thinks he treats everyone else like that).

Though Ranma's massive ego might prevent him from admitting it.

4) Hope Akane can keep her promise.
Blinded in a bolthole chapter 4 . 9/13/2012
Not sure where the "skull kissing" came from. Not even unorthodox weirdos... well, not really, they have much worse, but still what the heck?!

And I think Xian is the family name, kinda like japanese.

This whol chapter kinda freaked me out.
97 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »