Reviews for The Clash of two Worlds
ryu238 chapter 8 . 6/26/2011
I am happy that Ranma admitted his feelings, but I am worried. DO Akane and Shampoo really like each other that way, and if not, how badly is the situation go to be mishandled.
tuatara chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Ahem, that was clearly supposed to read "more privileged in many ways"...though "manu waus" sounds like it would make a tasty dish.
tuatara chapter 7 . 6/20/2011
And the phrase of the day is "a thunderous blerch." That whole near-drowning scene was very nicely done. I really dug the whole chapter, and I have some serious comments on this one.

You know, relative level of hardship is *such* a difficult topic. On the one hand, of course some people's lives are harder than others. But at the same time, each person's experience of the world is equally valid. Suffering is suffering, regardless of the reason for it.

So while it's correct to say that Akane's life has been more privileged in manu waus, that doesn't make her pampered. The experiences of her life have still left her fairly damaged. If Akane has lived a life of greater security than Shampoo and yet has still turned out to be the more miserable of the two, then who is really better off? It's a hard question with no clear answer.

(Personal aside: As for Akane not being a warrior, I don't see the problem with that. Why should she be one? Despite what Shampoo may think, being a "warrior" is by no means a requirement for excelling as a martial artist. My nephew is easily the most talented martial artist I've ever met. He's also immensely skilled at wrestling, football, and damn near anything physical. But he doesn't do any of that to challenge others or really even to prove to himself that he can do it. He just loves the experience itself. Shampoo definitely wouldn't consider him a warrior either, despite literally being a world-class martial artist. Tangent over.)

All that aside, I do think this arrangement will be helpful to Akane - though not really for Shampoo's reasoning. I very much look forward to seeing where you take this. *But* it will get old fast if it turns into a long series of scenes of Shampoo telling Akane how pathetic she is. That's my only concern, but it's quite minor given how superbly you've handled just about everything in this story so far.

Commendable job so far, my friend. Keep up the great work!
VlightPhase chapter 7 . 6/19/2011
This story is interesting as always, I wonder what Ranma and the others think of their disappearance.

I don't think Shampoo has the best method for teaching, but in Akane's case it might actually work. At least Akane is finally getting an idea of how to swim, but I'm a bit nervous about what other training methods Shampoo has in store.
ryu238 chapter 7 . 6/19/2011
Well, I feel that akane isn't as weak a fighter as people think, there is noticable improvement in her abilities in the later half of the manga, but yeah this will defiantly help her, if she survives.
Hat O' Doom chapter 6 . 6/13/2011
Great chapter!
VlightPhase chapter 6 . 6/6/2011
I really do enjoy this story. The dynamics of the characters and how they interact is really well written. Keep writing please!
tuatara chapter 6 . 6/5/2011
"I was kinda freaked at first. You are a tomboy, and all…" "It made me wonder…But Shampoo's so feminine and all. She'd kind of be the girl'f the couple, uh?" - Ouuuuch. Even *I* wanted to pound him for that one.

"I made enough money to repair all the damages Akane's fiance and little friend do to the house for a week…" "…and Akane's own contribution to the demolition." - Lies! It's all fanfiction lies! I will never understand why so many authors decide that Nabiki uses he earnings to support the household. Neither the manga nor the anime ever imply anything like that. But it's not a big deal.

"Akane blinked and turned, screeching and jumping at the sight of Mr Pu standing right next to her." - Ha!

After everything, I would have broken down just like Akane. It's all been *so* much to handle. I look forward to seeing what Shampoo does next.

Thank you for the update. Great stuff yet again!
ryu238 chapter 6 . 6/5/2011
The characterization here is much better. Ranma makes fun of Akane when she wants support is spot on and I like how the friendship between Akane and Shapoo is going. One thing, since it's summer, wiil u rewrite chapter 5?
Hat O' Doom chapter 5 . 5/24/2011
Instead of uploading all new chapters at once I recommend waiting two days so that the fic stay on or near the first page. More likely hook readers that way. Anyways, I'm liking the story!
tuatara chapter 5 . 5/23/2011
"Nihao, Akane." Shampoo patted her on the head. "What you want?"

There was a shrilll sudden cackle. Nabiki covered her mouth, blushing once again."Sorry…that's never happened before."

Everyone's eyes bulged out…suddenly noticing a gloomy shadow in the far corner of the room, looking at them behind dark sun glasses and under heavy dark garments.

Ha! Very funny.

Man, *everyone* is telling Akane it's a bad idea (including Shampoo, really), but her stubbornness is winning out over everything else. I really hope she doesn't end up regretting this!

Good stuff so far, my friend. There are some spelling and grammar issues, but it's not bad at all, sinceEnglish isn't your native language.

I look forward to the next chapter!
ryu238 chapter 4 . 5/23/2011
Nitpicking time, Ranma has used makeshift weapons on many occations. You know there are times in fanfiction where he says he doesn't use weapons at all, and now they have you saying it, more hypocrisy(kinda)
ryu238 chapter 5 . 5/23/2011
God, listen Akane isn't this violent towards ranma. You are exaggerating it badly. stop that now!
Hat O' Doom chapter 3 . 5/10/2011
Interesting story. I would suggest toning down a little the sociopath tendencies Shampoo is showing but otherwise I'm liking the story.
JeremyGU chapter 3 . 5/9/2011
Great writing on this fic. I've complained before that people seem to portray Shampoo too nicely, ignoring her mean side... you've done a great job of showing her both nice and evil. Great job. And FYI, Akane's friends are named Sayuri and Yuka.
97 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 Next »