Reviews for Behind The Mask
Sayra chapter 8 . 2/28
i love the chapter but poor Gerald lol
Ure very a good writer i'm jeaulous
Sayra chapter 4 . 2/26
love the note to self: don't ash the pillow again ahaha so GOOD xD
K.T.Waterflower chapter 9 . 11/2/2017
Oh my gosh I love it , it was raw and back and forth with emotion, on one hand I was cheering on the couple, on the other hand when I thought Arnold spitefully hurt her I was rooting for them to break up and for Helga to recuperate herself, even up to the end she should try working on herself, she has some serious issues she needs to work on with or without Arnold, I am glad they end up together and Gerald was behind all the stuff that I was mad at Arnold for. One thing though, why did he react so badly when suize said they were a couple, that part I still don't get, yeah they didn't define the relationship and he didn't want to scare Helga off but still that kind of reaction raise some questions that it might have been a Arnold's version of "friends with benefits". I am also very happy that she didn't sleep with anyone that night, she made the right decisions, having a good time would not even distract her for long and would have made her feel worse in the end. Great story, really shows the uncertainty and up and downs of relationships. Well their own. That opposites can make good couples.
Sophie reads chapter 5 . 2/21/2017
Wow, Arnold is really vile in this story. I hope there's an explanation for his thoughtlessness. So far he's been the one to lead Helga on at every turn, then push her away the moment she reacts. And now he's isolating her from her friends? It just seems really cruel of him. And it's genuinely upsetting seeing Helga blaming herself for his actions. :(
nonombre chapter 10 . 8/31/2016
I love this story so much, I find myself re-reading it every now and then. I'm bummed the sequel was never finished, but I still have a bit of hope that one day you'll get back to it.
SL10 chapter 8 . 6/20/2016
I don't usually review stories until I'm done with all the chapters posted so far, especially if the story is complete, but I had to pull over on this one and say it was one of the best pieces of HA fiction I have read thus far. Gerald's machinations were a great twist. Some backstory on him would be interesting, to flesh him out a bit more and make it clearer why he turned for the worse compared to the 9 year old kid we knew from the series. His hatred for Helga had always been genuine, I don't doubt it, what makes me go "whoa..." is the extent he willing to go to in order to create the rift between the Arnold and Helga. Anyways I HAVE TO keep reading so I'll stop here.
Badwolf123456 chapter 11 . 6/4/2016
I know this is an older story but I really enjoyed it ! It was really great !
heyarnoldfangirl chapter 11 . 9/16/2015
this is my second time reading and finishing this story. I don't remeber my last review but what I do know is that I kept looking for this story for a long while and I couldn't find it. THIS STORY IS ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT! YOU MAKE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH HELGA AND ARNOLD ALL OVER AGAIN! this is definitely one of my favorites EVER!
Yardbird9 chapter 11 . 7/28/2014
Arnold and Helga are opposites. And I like how you made these 2 opposites attract to each other to the extent of making their relationship very complex. You made it very believable in how you were describing how Helga felt about Arnold and even Arnold trying to explain his feelings about what he wanted from Helga. I must admit...i even tried to analyze what each character was thinking about how the character felt about the other.

But Arnold said it best that even though they were the opposites, he believed that two imperfect people can join into a perfect one. You really explained it correctly.

I could be wrong, but you seem to want Helga to believe that she would have a better chance at Arnold if she became one of the boys and not show any feminine traits, but Helga did not want to completely be one of the boys since she seem to have some feminine traits. At least this is an example of how i was analyzing your story because Helga especially was very complex to understand. Maybe you could IM me to explain what your intentions in the story were about.

Very good story.
Whodoesntlovethe90s chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
Omg I totally fell in love with this story ! I stayed up all night reading it. It takes a lot to get me into a story but yours pulled me right in!
Lilly chapter 1 . 8/1/2013
I think you're doing really great at being true to the characters! That's honestly the BEST PART of this fanfic so far. Honestly, really, really great.
nakala chapter 10 . 6/8/2013
good story
Landon Donovan chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
Helga is a tomboyish, I know. But Arnold looks so nice to her. Even so, I like it.
SakuraChanBea chapter 11 . 3/25/2013
Loved this story! Lol it's the best one I've read so far. I'm glad you made a sequel. :)
babyButters chapter 11 . 2/2/2013
I had a lot of mixed emotions reading this story. First, I was happy Helga could find a way to get closer to arnold without having to constantly tease him. Towards the middle endish I felt angry, sad and betrayed. I could never see Arnold screwing over Helga like that after all they've been through. Reading Gerald's confession made me sigh in relief that Arnold didn't turn out to be a douche in your fic. The end...made me tear up. I loved it and I love your writing the way you can cause your readers to experience so many emotions and become so engulfed in the story. I look forward to your sequel and hope you haven't let it go (says you haven't updated since 07-02-2012 :( ) . At any rate I'm definitely adding this to my favorites list and will definitely follow the story. Hope to see more from you :) thanks for a great story.