Reviews for Another Day, Another Mission
SaraiEsq chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
Nice.
Snooky chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
oops. Ignore my last sentence. I see it was marked as a general story. :)
snooky chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
This is a wonderful story. You have the characters down perfectly. Wonderful lines as well. Loved the line about the dentist when Carter was dismantling the explosive. IMO I would have also marked this in the general category, as well. (For the PBA's)
Goldleaf83 chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
This is sweet. You catch Carter's verbal as well as physical bumbling, but without overplaying either, and show us his competence as well. There has to be some reason Hogan has him on his team, after all, and the colonel's delegation of responsibility to him ("Then go—go!") demonstrates his trust in Carter's capabilities. The distinction you make between covert operations and munitions expert is a very useful one, and gets back to why Hogan put him on the team. Also, nice explanation for why Carter showed up as a lieutenant in the pilot and a sergeant in the series-and showing him using his rank consciously to get LeBeau out of the way is a nice touch too. Good story, very compact and revealing.
konarciq chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
like it!
80sarcades chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Everyone's good at something:-). Particularly liked the line "Little Deer Who Demolishes the Forest.". That was a hoot; nice work!
inhonoredglory chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Ah, so adorable. Carter's perspective is nice to hear. We finally can feel what he's feeling when the men tease him. Several parts stood out for me. One, where Carter interrupted Hogan to say he was tracking dirt on the floor and Hogan gave him a look to stop being worried about that. Then, where Carter asked the men if they were quite finished taunting him. So slightly sad, and nice to see Hogan protect Carter once he found out Carter got hurt by it. Carter's backstory was nicely done; the covert operative part fit perfectly into the theme of the story.

The scene with Newkirk and Lebeau was great. I love Newkirk's telling Lebeau to leave. Selflessness is always nice to hear, especially from him. I love the place where Carter pulls rank on them. It's really odd how he's actually higher in rank than they, yet we don't see it played out so much. Here, it was nice to hear. It supports the theme that Carter can and should be considered because he is important.

And such a sweet ending, how Carter determined that it was a blessing to be at Stalag 13. I'm glad Carter got to learn that he is indeed needed in that special role of his.
radoka chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
You are full of awesomeness! I absolutely adore this fic. I love Carter's rambles and how you don't try to make him a covert operative but just show him as he is.

I'm so happy that you also managed to include his background story for how he ended up at Stalag 13.

And the bonus Newkirk/Lebeau banter at the end was a perfect ending.

Thank you so much!
Jinzle chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Oh I liked this Carter fic. It said so much of as to how Carter fits into the group and how valuable he is to the operation. I loved the interaction between those three friends. Spot on. You did good. Take a bow. :)
Kirarakim chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Great story! Although he is not your favorite you always really write Carter very well. I love how useful he was here and how you showed just why his specific talents were needed on the team.

I also like how you explained the reason he came back and was not a Sgt. I never would have thought of that but it works. :D

And of course I loved a lot of the humor including Carter's nickname the guys gave him (it does fit him better LOL) & Newkirk/Lebeau bickering in the side car!

So all in all a perfect mixture of tense & funny moments.
Bits And Pieces chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Great story! Pretty intense scene there; you had me worried for a bit! I thought you did a great job with the characterizations; I especially liked the interactions between the three of them in the room. And the last part was classic! Thanks for sharing this; I really enjoyed it!
Marie1964 chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Interesting- I never would have pictured Carter as a covert operative, and you gave a quite original idea as to how he came back to Stalag 13. But Newkirk's right; there's a reason that he isn't a covert operative, because Carter is the best munitions expert that Hogan could have asked for.
ColHogan chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Loved this and glad it had a happy ending. Especially loved the line "They should've named him Little Deer Who Demolishes the Forest." LOL. Also loved the exchange between Newkirk and Carter while Carter was disabling the explosive. It was just like watching an actual episode. Good job!
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 5/3/2011
Awesome! The end "five feet and one inch" made me giggle.:D
Deana chapter 1 . 5/3/2011