Reviews for Obsession is a Purpose
Murphy AT chapter 4 . 1/1/2013
This is SO very well written, and the tension is simply delicious. Love it. I know you're busy, but please update soon!
AbyssTales chapter 4 . 12/9/2011
Lovely! Looking forward to the next chapter!
stephanie99 chapter 4 . 6/28/2011
You write beautifully! Saying that you have a way with words would, well, be 'insufficient' - praise imo. You managed to capture the emotional turbulence of this challenging and difficult relationship with such vivid clarity - and realistic passion. You imbued familiar characters with distinct and full-bodied personalities that still come across as authentic and completely believable. You had me 'hooked' from beginning to end. Once more, great job - wonderfully descriptive use of imagery - beautifully eloquent style and storytelling ability. Will there be more to come in the future? (Here's hoping!)
Medusa Davenport chapter 4 . 6/9/2011
Fabulous! I was listening to "Oh My Love" by Sophia (Rock) and it somehow seemed to really fit the first part of the chapter. I don't know if you've heard it, but if not, go listen! I hope it can inspire more of this excellent fic (and perhaps some more frequent updates?) :-D
Dreister Dieb chapter 4 . 6/9/2011
thanks for your lovely fic Nineshadows! you are very talented - in a few chapters you managed to turn me into a very sad and heart aching mess.

I like your interpretation of Fenris' reasons for leaving and considering the plot of the game, maybe the authors had the same in the back of their heads - it fits well! Its a good thing you strive from the game scenes, because we all know what happens in them.

You let the reader understand both of the lovers' points of view and that makes the whole thing more tragic - no one seems at fault but circumstances. I am looking forward to see what happens next :-)
nom-omnis-moriar chapter 4 . 6/9/2011
I've only just noticed this story, but it is really well written, and i really like how you have interpreted your own ideas of their relationship into the story :) Update soon !
palkia chapter 3 . 5/17/2011
great stuff, looking forward to reading more!
LadyGreatSkullZero chapter 3 . 5/12/2011
You put so much into your writing. You cover everything! Truly a marvel of prose. You're a courageous writer, including all the elements of Fenris' character and past - it's a daunting challenge! But executed with such finery and expertise :D

Not once did I stray from your words. And the dream sequence: such confusion and pain, I could feel it all and it seemed so unbearable - in an effective way, of course.

There were many many MANY brilliant lines. Imaginitive and so suited.

"pinned like an insect through the gut by a spear" - suits the image of Danarius. I can imagine him crippled over like a stricken cockroach. It fits his character perfectly.

"drink the death right out of her mouth" - the reader can really sense how desperate Fenris is, and it feels painful, really envoking raw emotion.

"to spit in the eye of the life giver" - such spite in these words, and defiant daring as well. Your lines are gorgeously poetic and strike the reader hard. A brilliant skill.

And lastly "screaming red of her favor" sounds so elegant but urgent at the same time. And so formal too, as would have been expected in the time period Dragon Age seems to be in.

Sorry it's a long review xD But I was just so taken by this, again! And your Arcanum and Qunari phrases seemed to fit well, and didn't come off as out of place. Fantastic writing :)
Reading Disorder chapter 3 . 5/12/2011
You have yourself a convert.
violingrl07 chapter 3 . 5/12/2011
I happen to be quite fluent in Anglo-Saxon/Old English, so I'm very happy to consult! As you can see, I'm thrilled whenever anyone uses it, regardless of skill.

Angsty, I like it. Though I admit, I do prefer a happy ending eventually. I'm weak that way.
Twistedaristocrat chapter 3 . 5/11/2011
Amazing! it is nice to see someone taking on Fenris' past the way you do. I love the way you work your tenses, I have a trouble with that myself.

Eagerly awaiting updates. 3
T.I.M chapter 3 . 5/11/2011
Awww poor fenny fen-fen, least it will be once in a awhile for angst. We need more aloof dry wit Fen-fen stories.
BuriedBeneath chapter 2 . 5/10/2011
Oh this is just lovely. The description of how he has her favor is absolutely perfect, and I really love that interpretation.

Please continue soon!
LadyGreatSkullZero chapter 2 . 5/8/2011
Again, absolutely fantastic.

Your own spin on what happened before the scene where he leaves is a gorgeous interpretation of how he recieved that satin red cloth. Your idea is my favourite and seems to encompass all the feelings the two have for each other.

The more playful Fenris makes an appearence in your story, something that is a pure joy to see compared to other stores which focus on his angst and brooding only. And the way you described the most subtle of actions gave everything a whole deeper dimension.

You describe a lot with his eyes. Using a single focus of a character to convey so much is a talent!

And you then proceeded to continue to when he leaves. I felt so much more from your renactment of the scene than in the game - I now see it with deeper meaning.

Such a great piece of prose!
LadyGreatSkullZero chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
If this is your first attempt at fanfiction - then you are a veteran at it already!

Absolutely superb! The actions written with such care to ensure they suit the character - and such descriptive variety! It did not seem like a re-hash of the in-game conversation at all. You breathed new life into it with a unique and amazing attention to detail.

And such a fantastic flow remains throughout the prose. From the conversation to the acts of frenzied passion, the transition was perfect, suited and entirely seamless. One can sense the tension and desire between the two and at that moment when they finally close the gap between each other is an immense release of satisfaction for the read.

Thoroughly enjoyable and beautifully written. Very very well done.