Reviews for Only Lonesome You Remains
addicted-to-danger chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
So...damon's just gone?! It was amazing bt u gave it a really sad ending! :'(
Dolphingirl32173 chapter 1 . 2/13/2014
okay, i don't like that. it's well written, but i don't like it.
YouCouldBeHappy11 chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
I don't even know how to write this review because I'm not entirely sure what emotions I'm feeling right now.
Just . . . this was so beautiful, in the most gut-wrenching way.
You are a phenomenal writer, and this one-shot has probably just become my absolute favorite.
Thank you for breaking my heart. Lol.
Now I gotta go wipe off the mascara that is running down my face. *cries*
sasuke's duck butt hair chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
I bawled uncontrollably the whole time. You're a pro at this angsty heartbreak stuff.
Frust-sheep chapter 1 . 11/5/2011
Oh that was so heartbreaking! *sniffle sniffle* But so great written!
wsm021 chapter 1 . 9/30/2011
Even when I HATE the plot, I LOVE the writing. I love love love the voice behind words.
niya94 chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
How do you manage to make them so intense? It's incredible. I'm feeling a knot in my throat. I loved it.
EtherealDemon chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
Oh, you've made me a blubbering mess. An absolutely beautiful one shot. I really, really love it.
staremma chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Wow. Yet another amazing piece of work; I'm not sure how I'm even surprised anymore. I haven't read anything in a while, and to come back to this... Wow.

A part of me wants to forget reading this, because it was just so devastatingly heartbreaking, but another (much larger) part just fell in love with you all over again. Did I mention wow? :P

I'd forgotten how much I adore your writing and your characterisation was, as always, spot on. I could (almost) understand where Elena was coming from, but it didn't make reading this hurt any less. And poor, poor Damon. You have such a brilliant way with words, I've so many favourite lines in this that I'm not even going to mention them. I'm sure everyone else will have covered them all for me by now :)

Thank you so much for once again sharing such a wonderful piece of writing with us all. Painful, but simply beautiful xx
Damon-fan -D chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
thank u for writing this it's great i felt so sorry for Damon during this!
LoveEpicLove chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
Another brilliantly written piece of fiction. It was as heart breakingly sad as they come. Well done.
kamiluv chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
Oh, this was absolutely beautiful. Painful, but beautiful. I loved the parallel of her telling him 'leave' twice and him telling her he has nowhere to go twice. It was almost as if I could reach out and touch the heartache and disbelief and devastation. It definately hurt me to read this. It was just so raw. sigh

Thanks for writing. Karri
Damon's Head Bitch In Charge chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
why so sad? the episodes to come will kill us. we might as well read something happy. But you know what.. either way it was brilliant
Mountain-Woman chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
After reading this again (great job with edits by the way! Not that I had anything much to contribute to this epic oneshot...), I can say with complete confidence that this is your best story ever. Which then allows me to say with complete confidence that this is the best TVD story I've ever read. Really. Your stuff is always top-notch, but this is just mind-blowing.

Favorite Line:

And see, the idea of letting him go would be seriously fucked up (considering she does love him, more than he will ever know), if not for the fact that she'll never love him enough. He can't live with half her heart. Stefan can, and that's always been the difference. Besides, she would never subject her true love to such a fate. So she's letting him go, because he deserves so much more than she can possibly give him.

As I said before, this story is just so truthful. It basically says what none of us Delena fans want to say (because we're scared): Damon and Elena may never get their shit together and just be together. A lot of it is Damon's fault because he's done some pretty awful stuff that's hard to forgive. But most of it is Elena's fault because, as Damon says, she's a coward. She doesn't have the strength to fully love Damon. And that makes me wonder if they actually do belong together, which I don't actually want to ask myself because the prospect of it is so frightening, but it's still a really relevant question. And after reading this, I have to say that although I'll always want Damon and Elena to be together, I don't think they really should be together. Elena's character impedes that, and a relationship is built upon two personalities and their interaction with each other. So if one half doesn't really fit, the whole is going to be misshaped or broken or short, it's going to be f*cked up. And love really shouldn't be that way (though in reality it often ends up like that). So I love your story because it's truthful and it asks the hard questions that none of us want to ask.

As always, the prose is elegant and beautiful. This time, though, I really noticed how much I felt like I was living in their bodies (especially Damon's). You just communicated their feelings beautifully. The idea behind the story was excellent and you executed it perfectly.

So great job! And now I'm sure you're hard at work besting yourself again. And I'll be as happy as ever to put in my two cents.

Kara-s-temptation chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
this is probably something sent from heaven and you just somehow kidnapped it and put it here 'cause it's too good to be true (: