Reviews for The Stormcage's Lament
amy17pond chapter 1 . 7/8/2013
Very good idea and well written story. Love how the Doctor's name evolves. The teddy bear is a nice touch, too. I enjoyed reading this very much. A small critique, uses of "She" and "Her" were a bit too often, great idea but a little overused. Loved this story, thank you for posting it.
chris chapter 1 . 2/11/2013
That was a sad ending. Poor bear. I hope that they at least clean the doll. P.S. That nickname was a little long and your story was pretty funny.
TomorrowNeverCame chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
Lol, I loved that! The end was sad though :( knowing what happened... But a teddy bear? I could believe that
MissBliss8527 chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
The Horrifying Prince of Doom. I loved this story. Very very awesome. :)
Morzan's Elvish Daughter chapter 1 . 10/5/2011
Love! XD
TheGirlWithTheOnyxRose chapter 1 . 6/1/2011
We really need a River POV for this one, or even a doctor POV because this is fantabulous!
MuseDePandora chapter 1 . 5/24/2011
Oh, I really enjoyed this! This side of River is something I love and so I adore reading fanfiction that deals with it. This was so funny too, even while providing a somewhat serious background. I love the concept that they perceived her as innocent and need of protection when she first arrived. I love the idea of River with a teddy. That had a bit of a dark edge to it. More by what's not said, the dissonance between her appearance and her capabilities, and what we know of her in canon. And I love that they brought in the best psychiatrists to try to psycho-analyze her conversation with the Doctor. Good luck there! I also really love the little detail that the Doctor locked *himself* in the cell with her and brought her tea. And I really like that the story hints at more going on by things such as the new names the Doctor had added to him by the guards, including things like 'protective' and 'insane' and 'ever-present hero-complex'. There must be stories behind that.

I really liked this bit in particular. It really set me giggling: 'The Church developed a personal grudge against her due to the death of at least sixteen bishops and cardinals and other church-ish types. She even killed Pope John the LXI, indirectly, but the Church blamed Her anyways. That got Her sentence extended and the parole programs ended for awhile. She was held personally responsible for the deforestation on Proxima Nine, due to the shear amount of paperwork caused by Her antiqies.'

And then that end. I should've seen that coming but I didn't and so it had a bit of a punch to it. Fun piece! I enjoyed it a lot. :D - Muse
Mrs. 11th chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
I really love this story. And the Doctor's name! Mad-Cocky-Crazy-Insane-Protective-One-With-the-Magic-Blue-Box-and-Omnipotent-Stick-and-the-Ever-Present-Hero-Complex.

That is epic
Aietradaea chapter 1 . 5/22/2011
Haha - this is awesome! So unique! :D

I like the psychiatrists. They add the final touch to a kind of Douglas Adams-esque-ness of the whole thing. :] *approves*
savvyliterate chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Oh, this is brilliant. Poor, poor Stormcage indeed.
hannahncakes chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Wonderfully unique and brilliantly funny. I loved your take on this, it's amazing!
Jaida857 chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Wow, that's really good. Like, amazingly good
Mestizaa chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
I was actually just thinking about stormcage's security. River makes it seem like it's easy to escape all the time. And at the last scene of the day of the moon, I was like "and the guards aren't pouncing on her and the doctor because...?"

anyway, I love your take on it. The gradual way the guards just gave up. And how it's now home for river. Good job!
betawho chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
Beautiful! I loved that! I like the bear, and that she seemed so helpless when she arrived, then turned flirty after the Doctor visited. I loved that he opened the cell then locked it after him, locking them in. That's so perfectly the Doctor.

And I love how everyone freaked out every time she escaped, it sort of makes you wonder who was the jailer. The one's locked in there trying to keep everyone locked in there. Or the one who came and went without a care.

Wonderful work, thank you for writing it.
the frozen cherry chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
I was laughing a lot! What a lovely story to brighten my day. I loved the name of the teddy bear 'Horrifying Prince of Doom'!