Reviews for Bad Dreams
SheenaFox chapter 1 . 3/3
I read this story sometime in 2012, and revisited this story today. I regret not reviewing it until today.

I just wanted to say that I totally love this story. Dark Dawn didn't have much character development, and when I played through the game I was thrown off by the addition of Eoleo and Himi. Your story really contributes to the game's universe for me. Thanks for an enjoyable read :D
nixt j chapter 1 . 11/3/2013
I feel you had them entirely IC. I can believe this happening, and you wrote it very well. I also believe Himi's age to be around 13. As for the cliche of Eoleo having a soft spot for her, that is one noticable thing in the game. Himi is also the only one not intimidated and/or disgusted by him. I really did enjoy this story.
SkullRising chapter 1 . 12/3/2012
I really liked this story. Not quite what I was expecting from Eoleo, but I suppose that you really answered that in the story. (sorry if that made no sense)
gaiawolf chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
Excellent. I always liked Briggs, even if he was a bit of an ass in the second game. He did not deserve to die that way, and I like the idea of Briggs showing them, the children of the Warriors of Vale, the world, and the profit of being a pirate. Alas, the designers didn't think of that.
Kitsune Kit chapter 1 . 11/30/2011
Ok this is awesome. I love this, it's got some touching moments and you do a good job of playing with the characters and yet keeping them IN character which I think is important. Very skillfully written.
CreativeJournalist chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Amazing. A-maze-ing. This must be one of the best fanfics that I've read. The way you made the characters alive, the emotions, the way it flowed without getting carried away or sluggish. Who cares if you did a cliché? The way you wrote it does it justice.

I also applaud you on making another Himi story. There really isn't that much about her. Same with Eoleo. Actually, a lot of the party members in Dark Dawn don't have many stories.

The only miff I had was the giving an alcoholic beverage to a minor part. Even if it only was a small amount, it still kind of irked me. But other than that, excellent job!

On a side note, yes! I'm not the only one who believes Himi is younger than what the Wiki says!
MonkeyKingXIII chapter 1 . 7/5/2011
Damn it all, you beat me to the punch! But despite my jealousy, this was actually pretty damn good; admittedly far better than my original idea for an Eoleo/Himi pairing.

From your grammar and characterization, everything was just how I would picture it; perhaps better, even. And kudos for giving Himi her chance to shine. Honestly, I found it sad that I never got to know her much in the game, since she seemed like the most convenient Venus Adept to add at the last minute.

I swear, the next installment needs to split the teams into 2 seperate parties/stories, then join them together at the end so it'll last longer and every member can lvl up equally (more or less). But I digress.

Once again, good stuff. Keep up the good work, and you may just have a fan.

Signed, A Potential Fan

Waypoint chapter 1 . 6/19/2011
D'awwwww. :3

Really though, excellent job. As much as I love JRPG's and Golden Sun in particular, I do get a bit annoyed every once in a while by the "cast of all older teens" thing - which makes it very refreshing to see party members past both ends of that spectrum not only present and focused on, but treated realistically enough to see some more complex almost-family relationships come out of it.

So, thank you :)
gaia09 chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
Wow. Simply… wow. I am very amazed by this! It's really rare that I get to see fanfics like this in Golden Sun fandom. Most I see are either romances that lean to the very fluffy and cheesy side or actions that are very adventurous and (partially or fully) bloody. It's really refreshing to see people write about the little details in their journey leaning towards the family side of the gang. Though you did have some itty bitty mishaps (spellings and sometimes, punctuations)… but they're very small so don't worry. Most of the time, what happens is more important than these details.

Anyhoo, I seriously adore how you gave every moment to the littlest detail and go even further as to make a childhood for both characters. And how you characterize Himi here. Simply marvelous! Himi just might be the most underdeveloped character in the game, I noticed too. Sometimes, they have those scenes that they don't give Himi any line at all. And I commend you for that! D

This might've just given me inspiration to work on an idea that had come up in my mind just today. xD

Very impressive! Keep writing and more power to you! ,

Solblade44 chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
I really liked this story. With a game like Golden Sun, you get interesting characters but very little development for them, so it's nice to see authors try to breathe life into them.
Stardust897 chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Uh. Wow. That was flippin' amazing! I love how you gave depth to Himi's character, especially exploring the repurcautions of coming into too much responsibility too early. You also gave the gruff pirate a lighter gentler side without him losing his ingrained character. This was sweet and just plain happy feeling inducing in the end without being sappy. I really enjoyed seeing an entirely platonic friendship story too. Though i caught some minor editing mistakes here and there (little things like slight spelling errors(though I myself have no room to talk)) it was an extraordinarly good read. I look forward to reading more of your work. Please write more soon!
Angel of Atonement chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
The way you write continues to keep me interested in a relatively long read where few events actually occur. Well done. I don't personally think Himi is actually that young, but I have no fear of alternative interpretations.

The oldest of the group friends with the youngest of the group. I like that.
Cstan chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
I must admit I'm very impressed with the personality you created for Himi.

I agree that it was a shame that her character wasn't developed further in the game but you managed to create a believable relationship between Himi and Eoleo.

Nice twist with that backlash you thought up.
Treads the Trees chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
A good read. Most interesting how you featured the characters. And now perhaps I'd like Bilibin brandy, too!